OFFICIAL DRAW 2023: FINALS AHOY

FREE TO AIR (Channel 9) in Blue

PREMIERSHIP
Round 27: STORM - THU, Aug 31, 8pm (SUNCORP)

• Play twice against: Panthers, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Eels, Storm, Raiders, Titans, Redcliffe
  • Play once against: Roosters, Sharks, Manly, Knights, Dragons, Warriors, Tigers, Bulldogs
  • 8 of first 12 games at Suncorp (Rd 4 v Redcliffe & Rd 10 v Manly are 'away' games).
  • Play three games in Sydney area for entire regular season
  • Home games: 5 Saturdays, 3 Fridays, 3 Thursdays, 1 Sunday
  • Gabba games: Redcliffe, Roosters, Eels
  • Travel to Darwin, Napier, Melbourne, Sunny Coast, Townsville, Canberra
  • Byes in Rd 16, 19 and 25
Screenindex

Agreed.

But is it wrong to expect a coach into their 3rd season to have addressed the team's shortcomings and resolved those issues accordingly? If he hasn't, has he failed? He has been afforded access to all the resources at the Broncos' disposal and, for me at least, he has been more than reticent to utilize them fully.

If the team gets wacked by 50 down there can he honestly say he has made progress when referring to his initial statement I spoke of?

Please stop !
Your optimism is scaring me .

Love that the Broncos are going to march into Storm & Dolphins territory in the pre-season for a couple of games and a week of activities & engagement.

Reminds me of the sort of thing this club used to do in its heyday.

So if everyone thinks its a good draw and we do well next year will it be labeled soft?
Havent looked at everyone's 'draw' yet, but we're still having to play 6 out last year's top 8 twice.

Last year cows and sharks played like 4 of the top 8 twice.... that was soft and Sharks got bundled out in straight sets.

Having a lot of games in QLD will happen simply because of magic round (we always have to be away due to season memberships) and 3 other QLD teams which we have to play twice each year.... but Sydney teams barely travel out of Sydney let alone NSW.

Lower travel doesnt necessarily mean soft draw

Havent looked at everyone's 'draw' yet, but we're still having to play 6 out last year's top 8 twice.

Last year cows and sharks played like 4 of the top 8 twice.... that was soft and Sharks got bundled out in straight sets.

Having a lot of games in QLD will happen simply because of magic round (we always have to be away due to season memberships) and 3 other QLD teams which we have to play twice each year.... but Sydney teams barely travel out of Sydney let alone NSW.

I'm just anticipating that general response if we happen to do well. The narrative now is it's a 'good' draw because of the travel and I suppose the timing of the byes.

Who we play should not be relevant. Every team is theoretically at the same level, and finalists differ from year to year. In practice this mighn't be true, but it's insulting to treat certain teams as easy. Case in point: our slide started with a loss to the bottom of the table last season.

How far we have to travel, how many games we play away, what happens around Origin and how many days rest we get are what cause hardship.

That looks to be an incredibly easy draw

Geez they really shove in the Suncorp games early lmao, the 2nd half of the season is going to be nearly all away.

What's the other one you think we'll lose? I'm guessing one is Cowboys, which is the one I think we'll lose.

Cows but I really hope the boys are motivated by the spankings from last year. Also one of the Rabbits, Raiders or Tigers - we always lose one of those games that we probably should win.

Geez they really shove in the Suncorp games early lmao, the 2nd half of the season is going to be nearly all away.

it's not too bad. Out of the 9 games we have left after Origin 2, we have 5 at the Gabba/Suncorp, plus a game on the Sunny Coast vs the Rabbitohs (also 2 byes)

I think they have balanced it well, we have the toughest draw but realistically we have the easiest travel schedule

Active Now

• Xzei
  • RodF
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Foordy
  • winslow_wong
  • Fitzy
  • Spoon
  • Nerd
  • Brocko
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Mister Wright
  • Sproj
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.