OFFICIAL DRAW 2023: FINALS AHOY

FREE TO AIR (Channel 9) in Blue

PREMIERSHIP
Round 27: STORM - THU, Aug 31, 8pm (SUNCORP)

• Play twice against: Panthers, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Eels, Storm, Raiders, Titans, Redcliffe
  • Play once against: Roosters, Sharks, Manly, Knights, Dragons, Warriors, Tigers, Bulldogs
  • 8 of first 12 games at Suncorp (Rd 4 v Redcliffe & Rd 10 v Manly are 'away' games).
  • Play three games in Sydney area for entire regular season
  • Home games: 5 Saturdays, 3 Fridays, 3 Thursdays, 1 Sunday
  • Gabba games: Redcliffe, Roosters, Eels
  • Travel to Darwin, Napier, Melbourne, Sunny Coast, Townsville, Canberra
  • Byes in Rd 16, 19 and 25
Screenindex

All Stars squads announced.

Arthars, Riki, Cobbo and Mam selected:

Maori All Stars (Men): Jesse Arthars, Daejarn Asi, Nelson Asofa-Solomona, Zach Dockar-Clay, James Fisher-Harris, Corey Harawira-Naera, Morgan Harper, Royce Hunt, Joseph Manu, Zane Musgrove, Briton Nikora, Hayze Perham, Adam Pompey, Jordan Rapana, Jordan Riki, Joseph Tapine, Starford Toa, Jared Waerea-Hargreaves, Dylan Walker, Dallin Watene-Zelezniak

Indigenous All Stars (Men): Josh Addo-Carr, Bailey Butler, Selwyn Cobbo, Tyrell Fuimaono, J‘maine Hopgood, Nicho Hynes, Ryan James, Josh Kerr, Ezra Mam, Latrell Mitchell, Shaquai Mitchell, Kierran Moseley, Brent Naden, Tyrone Peachey, Tyrell Sloan, Chris Smith, Will Smith, Jamayne Taunoa-Brown, Cody Walker, Jack Wighton

Does the indigenous team have any regular starting forwards?

I thought Ryan James retired?
He has, and has just landed a position with KPMG advising indigenous businesses.

Glen Brennan, head of KPMG’s Indigenous services:

“I ran into Ryan a couple of years back when he was recovering from an injury. At the time, he was completing his undergraduate university studies, playing football and also being a father of two young children. I knew he would be a great asset.”​

James:

“Indigenous people love their football stars, but it would be good if we could also have a business mentor. I was lucky because as a rugby league player people want to talk to me. But small independent Indigenous businesses often struggle to scale up. Having launched businesses myself, I’ve delved into helping other business owners get their ideas off the ground. Developing networks and setting up effective structures is key to the success of a small business and often Indigenous businesses lack the know-how.”​

Some background on his selection:

With JAC pulling out to put the bulldogs first should we pull our players?

Apparently Mam has withdrawn from the All Stars game, anyone know what is going on there?

"Daine Laurie, Albert Kelly, Isaiah Tass and Braydon Trindall have been added to men’s Indigenous All Stars, replacing Josh Addo-Carr, Ezra Mam, Chris Smith and Will Smith."​

Kevvie said he had to withdraw because he doesn't have a passport

You would think that in today's world, any/every professional sports person would have a current passport.
I still worry that as a club, we simply haven't got our hands on these young dumb arse players we have......

You have to treat them like teenagers.......and wipe their arses for them, surely.

You would think that in today's world, any/every professional sports person would have a current passport.
I still worry that as a club, we simply haven't got our hands on these young dumb arse players we have......

You have to treat them like teenagers.......and wipe their arses for them, surely.

TBF he hasn't really needed one since the Warriors have been based in Australia since 2020.

I'm sure it's something that he is organising

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.