OFFICIAL DRAW 2023: FINALS AHOY

FREE TO AIR (Channel 9) in Blue

PREMIERSHIP
Round 27: STORM - THU, Aug 31, 8pm (SUNCORP)

• Play twice against: Panthers, Cowboys, Rabbitohs, Eels, Storm, Raiders, Titans, Redcliffe
  • Play once against: Roosters, Sharks, Manly, Knights, Dragons, Warriors, Tigers, Bulldogs
  • 8 of first 12 games at Suncorp (Rd 4 v Redcliffe & Rd 10 v Manly are 'away' games).
  • Play three games in Sydney area for entire regular season
  • Home games: 5 Saturdays, 3 Fridays, 3 Thursdays, 1 Sunday
  • Gabba games: Redcliffe, Roosters, Eels
  • Travel to Darwin, Napier, Melbourne, Sunny Coast, Townsville, Canberra
  • Byes in Rd 16, 19 and 25
Screenindex

Good to see all broncos get over
It’s the drug dealer shoulder bags that he and Payne carry that I can’t get past.

Carry your wallet and phone etc. in your pockets, like normal people.
To be fair it's the best option if your in a country who have alot of pickpockets, I know I would go with something similar if I went to Italy or France.

With kick off a few hours away I’m feeling strangely optimistic. Of course this may all be dashed against the rocks tonight but until then I’m curious what everyone’s predictions for our first 10 rounds are. W below indicates that I feel we are a better than 50% chance of winning, though many are at about 55% chance lol

1. Panthers: L
2. Cowboys: W
3. Dragons: W
4. Dolphins: W
5. Tigers: W
6. Raiders: W
7. Titans: W
8. Eels: L
9. Rabbitohs: W
10. Sea Eagles: W

With kick off a few hours away I’m feeling strangely optimistic. Of course this may all be dashed against the rocks tonight but until then I’m curious what everyone’s predictions for our first 10 rounds are. W below indicates that I feel we are a better than 50% chance of winning, though many are at about 55% chance lol

I think we might do alright, for the first time in ages our pre season performance has been good, we were embarrassing the cowboys when both teams had full strength, last few years we got battered in that game.

bit hard to predict anything until it starts though, especially as I don't know where other teams are yet.

Only thing I would say is, our record against the Tigers recently is appalling, I wouldn't have us down for a win there. I suspect we will push them all the way tonight against Penrith. Getting Walsh back in from round 2 will help, I worry about Cobbo having to do multiple games as fullback.

If Cobbo has a bad game I would be thinking about putting Mam there for a game if Walsh is still out and have Madden cover 6.

I think it would help Mams game as a 6 playing as a fullback for a game, might pick up more things he wouldn't being only on 1 side of the field on the defensive line.

Meh, Penrith and Parra are overrated. It'll be 10/10.

I think we might do alright, for the first time in ages our pre season performance has been good, we were embarrassing the cowboys when both teams had full strength, last few years we got battered in that game.

bit hard to predict anything until it starts though, especially as I don't know where other teams are yet.
When we play like we started against the cows in the trial then we look legit structured and just rolling through the middle. The issue happens when we fail to complete sets. We just seem to make errors at the worst times.

It's ok if you make an error in the opposition danger zone... as long as you defend it and as long as you are efficient at winning the field position battle.

If we complete above 80% we'll win more than we lose... we have big yardage players and the kicker in Reynolds to control field position as long as we complete our sets.

That will get us inside the opposition's 20m where we have enough in attack to score points. Last year we were dead last for time spent in the opposition 20m, but 9th for points scored... so if we can get ourselves into the opposition red zone we are reasonably efficient at scoring points... we just don't spend enough time down there.

We were also dead last for penalties awarded.... but hey #PenaltyBroncos and all that. Interesting list for penalties awarded... a lot of 'good' teams in there. Outside of the Warriors and Sharks that list represents the top 8 and bottom 8 from last year

I could cop losing to Redcliffe tbh...I wouldn't like it but meh, whatever. I cannot cop losing to the Dragqueens. We owe them big time.

Reynolds:

"It is exciting. Any time there is a rivalry in sport it is good for the sport. The Dolphins have started the year pretty well, obviously winning both games, and have some good form. Any time there is a team coached by Wayne Bennett you know they are going to be tough to beat. We will show a lot of respect for them."​
"Bennett is not out there playing but I know the philosophies that he will come to the game with. They have been showing it the first two rounds. It is nothing new. Obviously they are out there playing for their coach and doing a great job of it. We know each other pretty well but I am at a new team and he is at a new club."​
"I sent him a text the other day but he brushed me. No, he wrote back. I just wished him well for his first game. I have a good relationship with Wayne and a lot of respect for him. It is good to see him back in the game and back coaching and doing what he loves doing."​
"Yeah he does know plenty about my playbook. That is the fun of rugby league. I enjoy those little clashes. I have been playing rugby league for a long time now and there is a lot of inside knowledge from coaches and game plans week-to-week. It is obviously interesting, but we have a few tricks up our sleeve as well."​

Battle for Brisbane? I don't think so, even if the Dolphins did claim to be from a specific area, Redcliffe isn't in Brisbane.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • pennywisealfie
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.