FOOTBALL 2023 FIFA WWC Discussion

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Friendlies are on and Australia are currently playing England and up 1-0.

What are your expectations of this World Cup if you're watching? Who are you expecting to win?

I think it's a toss up between Sweden, Germany and USA for the winner. I can't see us winning it or even making it to the final. I think we'll get to about the QF and get knocked out.

Grant scores for Matildas.

2-0!

Kerr is causing England's defenders all sorts of headaches.

Don't know why Carpenter didn't just go for it there.

She had plenty of space.

Matildas have done well to contain Russo.

She's been killing it for Man United in the WSL.

That's a good confidence boosting win for Matildas for the upcoming WC.

Great win against the old enemy.

@Super Freak I'm hoping/expecting a qtr final min as far as the WWC. We have the players to make a big splash, outside chance of winning it esp on home soil.

So with the world cup coming all the stadiums sharing sponsor names have to revert to the unsponsored original name of the ground as per FIFA rules on WC hosting, while stadiums like Allianz will be called Sydney Football stadium and Homebush being Stadium Australia.

Suncorp will be Lang Park, because the Ceo of Suncorp thinks calling it Lang Park the actual original name is backwards and this is more forward thinking.

In reality it's because the more Lang Park is used the less people would refer it to Suncorp stadium and it triggers them.

It's a Government owned stadium ffs.

So with the world cup coming all the stadiums sharing sponsor names have to revert to the unsponsored original name of the ground as per FIFA rules on WC hosting, while stadiums like Allianz will be called Sydney Football stadium and Homebush being Stadium Australia.

Suncorp will be Lang Park, because the Ceo of Suncorp thinks calling it Lang Park the actual original name is backwards and this is more forward thinking.

In reality it's because the more Lang Park is used the less people would refer it to Suncorp stadium and it triggers them.

It's a Government owned stadium ffs.

Lang Park FOREVER

Lang Park FOREVER
It's honestly insane that some corporation can undo Brisbane and QLD history on what they think is forward thinking tbh.

Lang Park is Lang Park, Brisbane football Stadium doesn't exist.

For this reason they have given I refuse to use Suncorp stadium as a Moniker ever again. it's Lang Park and Lang Park only.

@Nashy @Super Freak

idk more mods from memory(lol) but please all mentions of this stadium have to be Lang Park, **** the *****.

It's honestly insane that some corporation can undo Brisbane and QLD history on what they think is forward thinking tbh.

Lang Park is Lang Park, Brisbane football Stadium doesn't exist.

For this reason they have given I refuse to use Suncorp stadium as a Moniker ever again. it's Lang Park and Lang Park only.

@Nashy @Super Freak

idk more mods from memory(lol) but please all mentions of this stadium have to be Lang Park, **** the *****.

customer service call center GIF

Edit. Apparently FIFA didn't force the name, just that Suncorp had to be removed, which is fair enough. Will likely be the same for the Olympics. The article I read said FIFA refer to the ground as Lang Park on their official documents.

We just won our final friendly before the world cup, beating France 1-0.

France are currently ranked #5 in the world

50k crowd at Marvel Stadium for that game.

That's pretty good.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Morepudding
  • Gaz
  • Johnny92
  • porouian
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Culhwch
  • broncsgoat
  • Lazza
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.