FOOTBALL 2023 FIFA WWC Discussion

I dont think that was the coach? Was the president of the Spanish FA wasn't it?

A comment made earlier said the Spanish players despise their coach...... why?

He's been considered too authoritarian. Players had issues with the training, facilities and low level of support from the federation and the coach. They had issue with the way things were being run, especially by Jorge Vilda who is the coach.

15 players made themselves unavailable for selection, only 3 of them changed their minds. Spain lost some fucking good players for this WC campaign.

Nothing has come out about that. I thought you were referring to the presidents incident from the weekend. I believe it was just the professionalism. They cited preparation, travel arrangements, staff and some coaches who restricted the freedom during camps. 7 of them were still protesting and didn't get picked. The manager looks better and better as time goes on if you ask me.

Bet they are regretting their decision now.
bit of a funny one that, stood themselves down because they didn't agree with the coach and the team went onto win the WC anyway.
you'd think regardless of their stance, they'd find it hard to get back in anytime soon. haven't exactly proved themselves indispensable.

They sound like a bunch of spoilt brats who couldn't get their own way. Good on the coach and upper management for standing their ground.

Sure has backfired on the little darlings now. :rofl

They sound like a bunch of spoilt brats who couldn't get their own way. Good on the coach and upper management for standing their ground.

Sure has backfired on the little darlings now. :rofl
what? 🙄

It sounds like the team won in spite of the nepotism and cruel leadership of the team.

When the Aussie cricket team does it it’s men standing up for themselves, when women do it they’re cry babies. Gtfo.

what? 🙄

It sounds like the team won in spite of the nepotism and cruel leadership of the team.

When the Aussie cricket team does it it’s men standing up for themselves, when women do it they’re cry babies. Gtfo.

Cruel leadership...... pfft. 🙄

FWIW.....I felt no different to this than I did to the sooks who were up in arms over Justin Langer.

what? 🙄

What is cruel about it.

A coach toughening them up, instead of holding hands & singing Kumbaya & weeing & wailing.

what? 🙄

No it was definitely cry baby blokes too. Well imo.

Active Now

• TwoLeftFeet
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • Bronco bob
  • Browny
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • NSW stables
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.