POST GAME 2023 Maori All-Stars vs Indigenous All-Stars Discussion

This means we should score 55% of all trys in the NRL this year, so I think we're looking like short odds for the premiership right @Santa ?
Start celebrating now!
We Are The Champions Win GIF by Queen

Selwyn was able to turn around a poor first 3 quarters with his last quarter tries. Was very uninvolved and error prone for the first 60 minutes or so and probably should’ve scored more if not for his hands letting him down. Hopefully the tries did good for his confidence though.

Riki was pretty great by his standards but his biggest flaw has always been his struggle when having to make a few defensive efforts in a row and it was on display again today when he made a great tackle and then immediately let in a try.

Arthur’s was solid and should be proud of his efforts.

overall pretty good from the broncos players
Arthars set this one up and had another hand in it later:

Is there anything more painful to listen to than Kiwi commentators........?

Yes, a female Kiwi commentator.

I had to turn the sound off....I couldn't take it.

Everyone saying "it's the first game of the year" for cobbo, do you guys know he had the highest rate of errors in the game last year? There were weeks in a row where he would make 4-5 errors a game. Everyone knows he can make a break or do something great but given 4 of our 5 outside backs are in the top 6 for errors in the nrl last year I would have expected him (and the others) to be sleeping with a footy in their hands.

I hope it is a "first game back" scenario, but given the errors last year I highly doubt it. Also hope I'm wrong about him needing to be managed for the rest of his career (not necessarily games or injuries, I'm talking personality and mindset affecting form and desire to play) bit all the red flags are there

Everyone saying "it's the first game of the year" for cobbo, do you guys know he had the highest rate of errors in the game last year? There were weeks in a row where he would make 4-5 errors a game. Everyone knows he can make a break or do something great but given 4 of our 5 outside backs are in the top 6 for errors in the nrl last year I would have expected him (and the others) to be sleeping with a footy in their hands.

I hope it is a "first game back" scenario, but given the errors last year I highly doubt it. Also hope I'm wrong about him needing to be managed for the rest of his career (not necessarily games or injuries, I'm talking personality and mindset affecting form and desire to play) bit all the red flags are there
Yeah it’s definitely concerning. It’s great he scored a few tries at the end. One was amazing, the other 2 anyone would’ve scored - though Cobbo had butchered a few by that point too.

He was pretty uninvolved for first 60 minutes and when he did run he was dominated by defenders in most cases.

6 errors is poor no matter how you cut it. They were basic errors too. You can say it’s rust but no other player had that many errors. 40 players had game time and Selwyn was responsible for 20% of the errors.

Yes, he was pretty much as he was last year. Bumbling errors, followed by enough opportunistic tries to be showered in accolades and the errors overlooked. He does it in club games, rep games, all games. He did it in Origin. He did it in a grand final.

I would like to see him reduce his errors this season. That's something you would hope could be coached.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Morepudding
  • Gaz
  • Johnny92
  • porouian
  • Xzei
  • Dash
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Culhwch
  • broncsgoat
  • Lazza
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.