2023 Official Roster (and Rumour) Tracker

Note: this isn't a rumour thread; it's for keeping track of the official roster and holding rumours accountable.
Discuss rumours in the official Rumours thread:

COMPLAIN TO @McHunt

RUMOURS [STATUS]

LIVE

Riccio: Broncos sign Jaiyden Hunt on two year deal.
@1910 : Josh Rogers development deal extended/renewed.
Badel: Walsh to be offered an upgraded, extended contract (2027+) with substantial pay rise.
Badel: Mam to be offered an upgraded, extended contract (2027+) with substantial pay rise.
Badel, Read: Reynolds WILL sign a 1 year extension to 2025 at season end.
Read, Dobbo: Oates to Newcastle unless Broncos raise offer. [BUSTED. Oates says will take pay cut.]

DEAD
Badel: Madden offered a 2 year extension to 2026. [CONFIRMED]
Badel, Meyn: Reynolds seeking an extension until 2025. [CONFIRMED]
Badel, Read, Meyn: Ikin has applied to quit Broncos and head up QRL. Made final four candidates. [GONE]
Carayannis, Read: Fletcher Baker to sign for 2024/2025. [CONFIRMED]
@007 : Haas deal good as done. Heard it in a cafe. [EXPIRED]
@007 : Ben Hunt on market for 2 year minimum contract @ $800K per year. Trust me. [CONFIRMED]
@007 : Ben Hunt wants to join Roosters, but Dragons are blocking him joining a Sydney club. [BUSTED]
Badel, etc: Ben Hunt asked to join Broncos immediately, then Titans next season. [CONFIRMED, BUT REFUSED BY DRAGONS]
Badel: club has opened talks with Haas. [CONFIRMED BY AGENT]
Dobbo: Arthars, Mariner and Haas to extend. [FIRST 2 CORRECT. 3RD EXPIRED]
@McHunt : Walker is unhappy at the Roosters. Made up. [CONFIRMED]
@1910 : Quai Ward to Bulldogs immediately. [GONE]

PLAYER ROSTER FOR 2023 AND BEYOND: 28/30 FILLED
PLAYER202320242025
Adam ReynoldsHalf20232024
Billy WaltersHooker, half20232024
Blake MozerHooker202320242025
Brendan PiakuraSecond row20232024
Corey JensenProp202320242025
Corey OatesWing2023POPO
Cory PaixHooker, half202320242025
Deine MarinerCentre, wing20232024Until 2027
Delouise HoeterCentre, wing20232024
Ethan Quai-WardCentre, wingBulldogs
Ezra MamHalf20232024
Fletcher BakerProp, Second Row20242025
Herbie FarnworthCentre, wing2023Sea World
Jesse ArtharsCentre, wing, Fullback20232024Until 2026
Jock MaddenHalf20232024
Jordan RikiSecond row20232024
Jordan PereiraWing2023
Keenan PalasiaSecond row2023Titans
Kobe HetheringtonLock202320242025
Kotoni StaggsCentre202320242025
Kurt CapewellSecond row20232024
Logan BaylissProp2023
Marty TaupauProp, second row, lock20232024
Patrick CarriganProp, lock20232024Until 2028
Payne HaasProp20232024Until 2026
Reece WalshFullback202320242025
Selwyn CobboWing, centre, fullback202320242025
Thomas FleglerProp2023Sea World
Tristan SailorFullback, half202320242025
Xavier WillisonProp202320242025

DEVELOPMENT
Brendan Frei: second row
Josh Rogers: half [Renewed]
Tristan Sailor: fullback, halves
Tyson Smoothy: hooker

OFF CONTRACT 2024
Jordan Pereira
Logan Bayliss
Tyson Smoothy

STOCKS

Front Row
Carrigan, Flegler, Haas, Willison, Jensen, Bayliss, Palasia, Taupau

Second Row
Piakura, Riki, Capewell, Frei, Palasia, Taupau

Lock
Carrigan, Hetherington, Flegler, Taupau

Hooker
Mozer, Paix, Walters, Smoothy

Half
Reynolds, Mam, Walters, Paix, Madden, Rogers, Sailor

Fullback
Cobbo, Walsh, Arthars, Sailor

Centre
Farnworth, Staggs, Hoeter, Mariner, Arthars, Cobbo, Capewell

Wing
Cobbo, Oates, Arthars, Hoeter, Farnworth, Pereira

ETHNO MAP

QLD (19)
Billy Walters, Blake Mozer, Brendan Piakura, Brendan Frei, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Ezra Mam, Josh Rogers, Keenan Palasia, Kobe Hetherington, Kurt Capewell, Logan Bayliss, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Tristan Sailor, Thomas Flegler, Tyson Smoothy

NZ (7)
Deine Mariner, Brendan Piakura, Jesse Arthars, Jordan Riki, Jordan Pereira, Marty Taupau, Xavier Willison

NSW (3)
Adam Reynolds, Jock Madden, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas

Indigenous (5)
Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo

Tonga (2)
Delouise Hoeter, Kotoni Staggs

Samoa (5)
Keenan Palasia, Jesse Arthars, Jordan Pereira, Payne Haas, Marty Taupau

Cook Islands (2)
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

England (1)
Herbie Farnworth

Last edited:
https://www.couriermail.com.au/ques...n/news-story/4d140b74412f8359bb91c74e83569aa7

We have signed Max blanch. He is currently playing for the Brisbane tigers and is broncos contracted. He represented Queensland for rugby union and league. He plays hooker and lock. The courier mail said this about him. "We watched the clever Blanch in a man of the match performance for Met East during the Queensland rugby 15-16 years trials late last year which left us wanting to see more. Also a Queensland No.9 representative in rugby league and a Brisbane Tigers player, Blanch is an impressive rugby centre in his age group."
We are excited to see him progress as a player over the next coming years.

Named at lock and captain for Easts round one.

Named at lock and captain for Easts round one.

Do you mean for their QRL A grade side.......?

How old is he.....17? Thats quite young to be captaining the side.......

This kid must be special......

Mariner:

“Definitely, my heart is with the Broncos. I have signed the contract and I have got something I owe to the Broncos. I am happy doing my time here and being patient. Hopefully things come my way with selection in the NRL. I am really happy with where I am at the club.”​
“The history with the Broncos and being a fan since I was a kid … that makes it more special to get the jersey and play with the squad. I have always honoured the saying that, ‘For those who are patient, good things will come’. I am a big believer in that. So every week I keep knocking on the door and trust the coaches to make the right decision for the week.”​
“Players like ‘Hodgo’ and Greg Inglis were my heroes. I was a big Broncos fan as a junior and he was in the same position as me and someone I looked up to. Hodgo didn’t have all the best natural abilities but he still somehow gave it 110 per cent. That’s why he was so consistent with his footy over his career. That was something I really liked about him, his effort and how much he gave for the game. I have always played centre and it just comes naturally to me.”​

Mariner:

“Definitely, my heart is with the Broncos. I have signed the contract and I have got something I owe to the Broncos. I am happy doing my time here and being patient. Hopefully things come my way with selection in the NRL. I am really happy with where I am at the club.”​
“The history with the Broncos and being a fan since I was a kid … that makes it more special to get the jersey and play with the squad. I have always honoured the saying that, ‘For those who are patient, good things will come’. I am a big believer in that. So every week I keep knocking on the door and trust the coaches to make the right decision for the week.”​
“Players like ‘Hodgo’ and Greg Inglis were my heroes. I was a big Broncos fan as a junior and he was in the same position as me and someone I looked up to. Hodgo didn’t have all the best natural abilities but he still somehow gave it 110 per cent. That’s why he was so consistent with his footy over his career. That was something I really liked about him, his effort and how much he gave for the game. I have always played centre and it just comes naturally to me.”​
Yeah, we keep hearing more or less similar words before the switch somewhere. With his release request denied this year, if not now, he wyjump ship next year.

Yeah, we keep hearing more or less similar words before the switch somewhere. With his release request denied this year, if not now, he wyjump ship next year.
Hard to blame him asking to leave for a starting position, with Herbie, Kotoni, Selwyn, Tesi, Oates, Jesse, Deloiuse, Quai-Ward, etc ahead, or at least in competition with him - plus an extra million. He accepted no for an answer without any fuss, and hopefully it pays off for him in the long run.

I don't think he's the problem. The club ended up getting rid of one of their centres in Tesi, who was higher up the pecking order than him.

The dolphins dead set should be docked points this season
One with stable mind would think that but not f****ng moron in PVL. Per him, it’s great for competition & for city of Brisbane. He thinks that he himself is doing great justice for the game so, whatever he does is for the greatness of the game. Stupid lunatic moron.

I for one reckon that we will NOT get any 1. 50-50 calls our way,
2. our on the chest passing from dummy half gets pinged as forward passes,(our trail against Titans as the base)
3. Bunker will crucify us &
4 there’s literally is no end to the list here.

We’re definitely in for very harsh calls the next 2 years for mine. We must be ON 110% every second the game with absolutely no stupid shit.

One with stable mind would think that but not f****ng moron in PVL. Per him, it’s great for competition & for city of Brisbane. He thinks that he himself is doing great justice for the game so, whatever he does is for the greatness of the game. Stupid lunatic moron.

I for one reckon that we will NOT get any 1. 50-50 calls our way,
2. our on the chest passing from dummy half gets pinged as forward passes,(our trail against Titans as the base)
3. Bunker will crucify us &
4 there’s literally is no end to the list here.

We’re definitely in for very harsh calls the next 2 years for mine. We must be ON 110% every second the game with absolutely no stupid shit.
I'm hoping dolphins jag a win before we have to play them because NSWRL will want their first win to be against us and the reffing will do anything it can to make it happen

One would assume that is illegal right?
How would you prove it if it's not in writing, the Dolphins deny it and it's not in the player manager's interest to testify against them? From what I gather it goes something like this:

Dolphins to agent: we like Mariner, is he available.
Agent: he's got another two years yet.
Dolphins: why not ask if they'd let him go.
Agent: how much are we talking?
Dolphins: a lot more.
Agent to club: release now?
Club: why?
Agent: you don't want him, he's worth more.
Club: to whom?
Agent: the Dolphins, for example.
Club: did they make an offer?
Agent: (this is the tricky answer, let's say yes)
Club: **** Bennett, hello NRL we'd like to report a crime.
NRL: Wayne, did you try to poach a Bronco?
Wayne: nope.
NRL: why does Mariner think he's worth more money?
Wayne: we talk to agents all the time about who we need and how much we'll pay. Their contracts are not our problem.
NRL: but what about this case specifically?
Wayne: (typical Wayne answer)

How would you prosecute them for this - where's the evidence?

The dolphins dead set should be docked points this season
I reckon all the clubs are doing it, and they know how not to leave a trail of evidence. Bear in mind it's the agents who are having these conversations, they're private and they have plausible deniability.

I reckon all the clubs are doing it, and they know how not to leave a trail of evidence. Bear in mind it's the agents who are having these conversations, they're private and they have plausible deniability.
Avoiding the evidence is just having nothing in writing.

The conversations between clubs and managers wouldn't need to bother with covert discussions either... they'd just be off the record and completely up front.

Dolphins: when is Mariner off contract?
Manager: end of 2024
Dolphins: cool ... before you sign anything let us know because we want to offer him 3 years at $500k. Also if he's free earlier than that we'd happily take him on.

That's it... that's all that would need to be said from the Dolphins to give the manager an understanding of what Dolphins will pay.

The manager then goes to the club not so much to seek a release then and there they request for an opportunity to talk to other clubs and if an opportunity arises they'd then want a release.

Justification for the release is that Mariner is down the list and wants an opportunity to play.

Manager already knows he has something lined up with the Dolphins.

Same thing happened with Turps except he couldn't find a club...

Broncos release players to grant them opportunities elsewhere, Gamble and Isaako last year

Is Mariner really worth a million more than he's getting from us? If so, we have a hell of a bargain, but at the moment I don't see it. But I guess they'd be happy to pay on potential.

I don't really blame the kid in all of this, he might genuinely love the Broncos and want to stay, but it's also very hard to turn down a significant pay increase and immediate opportunity to play first grade. The latter doesn't necessarily make the former untrue.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Culhwch
  • Mustafur
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.