2023 State of Origin Discussion

The NSWRL board are reportedly considering appointing a "coaching director" to assist Fittler instead of sacking him (although that option is still on the table)

The man that the NSWRL board are considering making their coaching director is Brian Smith.

the one thing the NSWRL board have ruled out is appoint a current NRL coach to be the Origin coach

Just reeks of them not having faith in Freddy, so what's the point? I don't see this working at all, but I'm not surprised NSWRL are going to try it. Just digging that hole deeper and deeper.

Cleary expected to return for Panthers against Dolphins, which is the Sunday match after Game 3.

Watch Freddy name him for Game 3, even though he won't have had any games under his belt.

The NSWRL board are reportedly considering appointing a "coaching director" to assist Fittler instead of sacking him (although that option is still on the table)

The man that the NSWRL board are considering making their coaching director is Brian Smith.

the one thing the NSWRL board have ruled out is appoint a current NRL coach to be the Origin coach

Same role Bennett did for a while.

Cleary expected to return for Panthers against Dolphins, which is the Sunday match after Game 3.

Watch Freddy name him for Game 3, even though he won't have had any games under his belt.
I suspect the timing of his return is to prevent Freddy picking him for a dead rubber haha

tbh gould has really been the only coach from recent memory that has actually got what origin has been about for nsw granted he has some quality players during his time.but in saying that there is really no excuse for freddy given the players he has had to pick from.

tbh gould has really been the only coach from recent memory that has actually got what origin has been about for nsw granted he has some quality players during his time.but in saying that there is really no excuse for freddy given the players he has had to pick from.

Freddy knows Origin, but good luck instilling that in certain elements of that squad. It is absolutely imperative that the coach gets it, yes, but the entire team needs to buy in 100%, and I don't see that happening with NSW. I'm not just talking about Luai, I am also talking about Haas. And this isn't about armgate either. It looks to me like Haas just doesn't buy in to the hatred, probably because his best mates are on the other team, and the passion that he lives with at the Broncos is within the other team. He just can't hate Queensland.

Didn’t nsw do a similar thing with Joey in game 2 2005 and he came out and put on possibly the greatest ever blues performance? He’d done his knee. Anyway, maybe nsw think they can repeat history. Lol.

Freddy knows Origin, but good luck instilling that in certain elements of that squad. It is absolutely imperative that the coach gets it, yes, but the entire team needs to buy in 100%, and I don't see that happening with NSW. I'm not just talking about Luai, I am also talking about Haas. And this isn't about armgate either. It looks to me like Haas just doesn't buy in to the hatred, probably because his best mates are on the other team, and the passion that he lives with at the Broncos is within the other team. He just can't hate Queensland.
I think Haas' younger brother is QLD eligible lol. That'd be a fun origin story line.

357359094 10164151802685898 5248325787777306792 n

Campbell Graham has been ruled out of consideration for Origin 3 (Sternum)

I think Haas' younger brother is QLD eligible lol. That'd be a fun origin story line.

Wikipedia says he's eligible for both (born in Syd, moved to the GC at 10), but he isn't listed anywhere officially.

Guess when time comes it'll be up to him

Their biggest issue is Queensland kids want to play for Queensland first, then their club sides and then their country. NSW kids just dont have that priority for their state.

Probably a good point about Haas as well and its a bit like Bellamy i reckon. Didnt like coaching against his Storm boys while they loved sticking the boot into him!

Unread

Active Now

• Jazza
  • kiwibronco
  • Old Mate
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • levikaden
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.