Fullback
Cobbo, Walsh, Arthars, Sailor

Centre
Staggs, Hoeter, Mariner, Arthars, Cobbo, Karapini

Wing
Cobbo, Oates, Arthars, Hoeter, Leota, Pereira

ETHNO MAP

QLD (18)
Ben Te Kura, Billy Walters, Blake Mozer, Brendan Piakura, Coby Black, Corey Jensen, Corey Oates, Cory Paix, Ezra Mam, Israel Leota, Jaiyden Hunt, Josh Rogers, Kobe Hetherington, Patrick Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo, Tristan Sailor, Tyson Smoothy

NZ (7)
Deine Mariner, Brendan Piakura, Jesse Arthars, Jordan Pereira, Jordan Riki, Marty Taupau, Xavier Willison

NSW (5)
Adam Reynolds, Fletcher Baker, Jock Madden, Kotoni Staggs, Payne Haas

Indigenous (5)
Ezra Mam, Jordan Riki, Kotoni Staggs, Reece Walsh, Selwyn Cobbo

Tonga (2)
Delouise Hoeter, Kotoni Staggs

Samoa (3)
Jesse Arthars, Payne Haas, Marty Taupau

Cook Islands (2)
Brendan Piakura, Xavier Willison

Not sure where this interview with Payne comes from but it does mention in there that Klese might be in the Broncs sights. I hope so, he would provide the second row depth we desperately need.
It was more a suggestion of possibility not a suggestion of genuine interest from either party.

The problem with Mam is his first contract was low which was fair he was at the end of his first year of Cup in 21 and hadn't played NRL yet.

But you only get one shot at a low contract and then market value kicks in. The increase looks massive but really a starting NRL 6 should be on 700k.

Oh I totally agree, if the reports of what the club has offered him are right, that's about where he should sit IMO. What bothers me with how long it's taking, is whether what the club has offered will be enough. We know he'll get bigger offers elsewhere. If he was happy with the Broncos' offer wouldn't he have already signed? Hopefully I'm just jumping at shadows.

Oh I totally agree, if the reports of what the club has offered him are right, that's about where he should sit IMO. What bothers me with how long it's taking, is whether what the club has offered will be enough. We know he'll get bigger offers elsewhere. If he was happy with the Broncos' offer wouldn't he have already signed? Hopefully I'm just jumping at shadows.
There is no real chatter about another serious suitor, so I would say it is finalising 3rd party agreements that is the hold up.

There is no real chatter about another serious suitor, so I would say it is finalising 3rd party agreements that is the hold up.
Or Donuts has some plan to time the announcements together to drum up some publicity. He did that at the Storm.

All the chatter is about Ezra, but the entire spine needs attention:

Walters: 2024 (not a peep)
Smoothy: 2024 (nothing)
Paix: 2024, 2025 (permission to leave)
Mozer: 2024, 2025 (nothing, but only one game to date)
Reynolds: 2024 (wants another year, and then coaching)
Mam: 2024 (any day now)
Walsh: 2024, 2025 (upgrade and extension rumoured)

If I were a club in the market for a bench hooker, and the Broncos offered me Cory Paix, I'd ask for Tyson Smoothy instead. The Broncos evidently think he's the better player, he played a Grand Final, and looks set to be shelved when Mozer gets picked.

He should have one eye out the door. His stocks might not get any higher than they are right now.

What we already suspected: Broncos blocked Sailor's request for an immediate release.

"A Broncos Academy graduate who started in the club’s talent pathways aged 13, Mam made his NRL debut in Round 11, 2022 against the Knights and now has 38 appearances under his belt including 24 tries and 16 try assists. His 2023 season – capped by a three-try performance in the Grand Final – saw him make 25 NRL appearances for 18 tries, 9 try assists, 10 line break assists, 56 tackle breaks, 9 offloads and 98 running metres per game."​
"Mam joins a host of teammates to commit to the club's future until at least the end of 2025 including Payne Haas, Pat Carrigan, Reece Walsh, Jordan Riki, Brendan Piakura, Kotoni Staggs, Selwyn Cobbo, Kobe Hetherington, Jesse Arthars, Tyson Smoothy, Corey Jensen, Deine Mariner, Xavier Willison, Tristan Sailor and Blake Mozer."​

Kevvie:

“Ezra is a born-and-bred Bronco and it's great that he is staying where he belongs. He is an exciting player but he also likes to get in there and do the tough stuff and to do what needs to be done for his team. We have only scratched the surface on what Ez can do – we’ll keep on working with him to improve his game and I can’t wait to see what we can achieve together over the years ahead.”​

Chatter around Mozer being targeted by the Titans ... the club where careers go to die ... I can warn him off even considering it with one word .... Fifita.

Chatter around Mozer being targeted by the Titans ... the club where careers go to die ... I can warn him off even considering it with one word .... Fifita.
Or even better, Ashley Taylor.

Expect Billy to get extended this week, maybe next.

Where can we find a list of some of the under 18's players that play Mal Meninga Cup who are signed by the Broncos currently. I've been going to a few of those games and would like to know which ones I should be more interested in.

Where can we find a list of some of the under 18's players that play Mal Meninga Cup who are signed by the Broncos currently. I've been going to a few of those games and would like to know which ones I should be more interested in.

Can't help your Q, but nice to see you mate, hope you're well!

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Astro
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.