2025 Pre-season discussion. Longer, harder: 6-12, 18 weeks. Reconnecting.

ONLY replacement candidate being tossed around is Madge, and as far as I can see he's not available in 2025 due to Origin.

Madge got a big advantage this year with the players available .
Qld was well down on forward stocks . 3 games with the best players available is a helluva lot different to 26 games with a squad the R n R team sling together .

In case you're wondering how the major shareholders feel about missing the finals, here's how the share price correlates with on-field success. Good luck with this.

ScreenScreenshot 2024 09 07 at 08 14 30 Brisbane Broncos Ltd ASX BBL Share Price   Market In

Madge got a big advantage this year with the players available .
Qld was well down on forward stocks . 3 games with the best players available is a helluva lot different to 26 games with a squad the R n R team sling together .
His record at the Tigers is nothing to crow about. He has something in common with Kevvie: he signed Billy and Jock Madden.

His record at the Tigers is nothing to crow about.

I am well aware of that .
That`s why I `m not in the get Madge the arse kicker in a coach . I watched that Tigers doco . When things are good Madge is good . When things go bad , Madge follows suit .
Too many highs and lows in his emotional range to be a leader IMO .

Also if he is "the Man " why didn`t Parra sign him up ?

In case you're wondering how the major shareholders feel about missing the finals, here's how the share price correlates with on-field success. Good luck with this.

View attachment 29494

To me it looks like the shares themselves are 2 parts of **** all and you ain't retiring off the back of Broncos shares.

So if the share price is shit and News arent actually bothered about doing anything with the football side... then why do they bother with owning the club at all??

To me it looks like the shares themselves are 2 parts of **** all and you ain't retiring off the back of Broncos shares.

So if the share price is shit and News arent actually bothered about doing anything with the football side... then why do they bother with owning the club at all??
I suspect the growth has more to do with ticket price gouging than form and the more recent volatility due to the cost of living squeeze. The club turned in a pretty decent profit growth last financial year.

ScreenScreenshot 2024 09 07 at 08 44 49 BBL ASX announcement   Half Year Accounts   Aug 27 2024

It’s hard to have pride in that away jersey we had on this season. That one needs to be burned.

That`s why I `m not in the get Madge the arse kicker in a coach . I watched that Tigers doco . When things are good Madge is good . When things go bad , Madge follows suit .

"Highs and lows in his emotional range"? Craig Bellamy?

Madge didn't apply for the Eels role. Didn't want it. Maybe he could sense approaching blood in the water north of the border.

I suspect the growth has more to do with ticket price gouging than form and the more recent volatility due to the cost of living squeeze.
I'm looking more that the highest price it's been is like $1.10 last year... you're not exactly retiring on those numbers.

What is the end game for News Corp by owning the broncos??

They don't seem to care about the football department or football side of things... and being one of the more profitable football clubs in the NRL doesn't seem to translate to the stock price going up.

Yet we have Karl Morris as Chair knifing Wayne in the back to bring Seibold in ... are they just having shits and giggles

Apparently while they were doing interviews & shit during origin he didn’t want to speak to them while origin was on

Apparently while they were doing interviews & shit during origin he didn’t want to speak to them while origin was on
The thing about Madge is, he doesn't take any half measures. It is 100 miles an hour all day, every day. Not sure some of your roster could handle it though. One things for sure, he would certainly sort out any poor attitudes there quick smart.

He is also very close with Reyno, so you would have the advantage of the two of them working very closely together. Much like Reyno and Kevvie, the difference being, Madge knows what he is talking about as opposed to Kevvie.

I think the board and administration are more than happy to leave Kevvie in the role at this point, he is their shield from criticism, they will feel they can still justify leaving him in because of last years performance and will let him struggle on as best he can.

While the money is still rolling in and Kevvie and the players are copping all the flack from the media, why bother doing anything, no point paying out a coach early when their own positions are still not under question.

Only when the heat transfers to the board and admin will they make a change.

Kevvie will be the fall guy, he's been setup to fail by the board and administration of the club, it's just a matter of when.

"Highs and lows in his emotional range"? Craig Bellamy?

Madge didn't apply for the Eels role. Didn't want it. Maybe he could sense approaching blood in the water north of the border.

If you're referencing to the Broncos, if he could sense that I need to give him the details to my TAB account. We were Grand Finalists last year, we were probably second favourites to win the comp before the season started. What odds would we have been to miss the 8?

The board didn't want Kevvie, they basically caved under the external pressure to hire him and ever since he took over the job they seem to be doing the least possible to help him succeed.

They are letting him dig his own grave, they gave him all the responsibility he wanted and are happy for him to hire which ever idiots he wants, they have taken advantage of his passion for the club.

Kevvie will cop all the blame for the eventual failure and when that time comes for Kevvie to go, the board can say they listened and appointed the guy everybody wanted, not our fault he failed.

At the moment they can still stretch Kevvies appointment out a bit further, as I said, the board and admin have no pressure on their positions, its all on Kevvie and the players so its business as usual and money is still rolling in, they'll roll out the standard 'we'll review the year and give Kevvie all the support he needs' bullshit and buy themselves some more time in their cushy well paid position.

The board and administration are the reason Wayne is still not at the club and I believe they are still the biggest issue at the club IMO.

So I guess we can stop talking about sacking Kevvie in every single thread then if it is clearly not going to happen.
Unless Kev totally defies the odds, he will be sacked. It’s just a matter of when.

The thing about Madge is, he doesn't take any half measures. It is 100 miles an hour all day, every day. Not sure some of your roster could handle it though. One things for sure, he would certainly sort out any poor attitudes there quick smart.

He is also very close with Reyno, so you would have the advantage of the two of them working very closely together. Much like Reyno and Kevvie, the difference being, Madge knows what he is talking about as opposed to Kevvie.
Enjoying your input lately. Much improved from the trolling attempts (although even your poorest were a lot better than the 10 year old bandwagon panthers fan who hangs around here) Broncos fans ain't that bad hey?

Unread

Active Now

• Horseheadsup
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.