22/23 Off season - what must be done?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
It begins by the end of this weekend, so might as well start the discussion.

- Haas can **** off. Pulled a contract stunt mid season just when the team starts playing well then cracks the sads and plays mediocre to garbage when his gambit doesn't work. Bye bitch. Go hang out with your egomaniac wanker mates in Mundine's posse because we don't want a bar of it.

- Tesi Niu and Jordan Riki can be shopped out to 15 other clubs for chips and a drink. They are not up to it and have had more than their fair share of chances to prove otherwise.

- Kotoni Staggs needs the mother of all rockets. He has played himself pretty comfortably into "most overpaid player" at the Broncos over the past 2 seasons. He doesn't try to get involved in the play anywhere near enough and he has fucking Adam Reynolds on his inside waiting to feed him ball and his defence is hot and cold at best. We have had more than our fill of this shit with Milford, NO MORE. Pull your weight or **** off outta here.

- Walters is well and truly at the end of his rope, and he has effectively tied his own noose with piss poor selections, horrible bench management and presenting himself to the media and fans as a deer in the headlights when questions are asked of the teams performance. Club legend or not, it isn't good enough. WTF Kev? Where did it all go wrong?? How do you blow a season packed with positives in such a short time frame?

- Same old predictable shit with the way the team plays and operates. Next to no line speed, no urgency in defence, no desire to wrap up the ball, injuries galore, can't build pressure to save their lives (Hello Reyno) and always, ALWAYS forced to pick players in key positions like Turpin and Walters at 9 that are nowhere near close to up to the task.

I've never seen a season go from big success to disappointing failure so quickly. It is almost miraculous in its incompetence. If I were Donuts I would be far from impressed with the past month.

Sign an entire forward pack who can actually defend.

That'd be a start.

What have we done differently since Seibold? Nothing that’s what.

Way to overreact! We were punching well above our weight for most of the season and won games on heart and passion. We have run out of puff and this young team is spent. Lessons will be learned and we’ll come back better next season.

We've been hearing that for years now, lol.
Really? We’ve been hearing our team has been punching above their weight? We won 10 games in total the last 2 seasons. We’ve won 13 this season, even if we don’t make the 8 we finish with a winning record.
There has been improvement this season, these last few weeks shouldn’t overshadow that.

Really? We’ve been hearing our team has been punching above their weight? We won 10 games in total the last 2 seasons. We’ve won 13 this season, even if we don’t make the 8 we finish with a winning record.
There has been improvement this season, these last few weeks shouldn’t overshadow that.

It will and it should. Of course that is the angle Walters and the club will take as well. "Finishing 9th instead of 14th is clearly an improvement. We'll be right", yet all the fans will remember is how we fell from 4th to 9th in 5 weeks, beginning with a loss to the wooden spoon favorites.

Market: Hooker and perhaps another experience leader who isn’t on their last legs.

Training: Line speed and tackling, repeat

Coaching: Tough love no babying next year, maybe a change with one of the assistant coaches bring in someone younger

Sort Haas bullshit out straight away

First of all, the coach needs to go! The real sad thing is he doesn’t even have a clue why we are winning, which explains why he ***** up selection afterwards, and frankly he looks and acts dumber than Seibold, we only show sign of going forward because of Reynold

Secobdly, Haas, Billy, Turpin, Riki, Tesi, James are all on the go list! Our second rowers are arguably the worst in the comp, weak defense and useless attack

Thirdly, A genuine Hooker is a must! We need a experienced hooker to start, Paix won’t make any progress under Kevin, and he can really use some help

It isn't like we don't have the building blocks of a strong team, Kevvie has just, with the help of Haas, managed to break them.

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Flegler
11. Capewell
13. Carrigan

It isn't like we don't have the building blocks of a strong team, Kevvie has just, with the help of Haas, managed to break them.

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Flegler
11. Capewell
13. Carrigan

Cobbo in the centres is a very exciting prospect

It will and it should. Of course that is the angle Walters and the club will take as well. "Finishing 9th instead of 14th is clearly an improvement. We'll be right", yet all the fans will remember is how we fell from 4th to 9th in 5 weeks, beginning with a loss to the wooden spoon favorites.
I get all that I really do, but how many 100+ experienced players do we have? Not many. Seasoned NRL players who know how to get through a whole season? No wonder our team ran out of steam.

1. Walsh
2. Oates
3. Farnworth
4. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Flegler
11. Capewell
13. Carrigan

Walsh and Mam are probably a couple of years away from reaching their potential. Hopefully they don't get the same treatment as Dearden did when they struggle with inexperience (though I doubt it'll even be as bad as what Dearden had to deal with, the side has become at least a bit better overall).
Flegler and Capewell I'm not sure about. I think Capewell has generally been overrated this year, he doesn't offer much but experience, though I guess that's still very valuable for the Broncos. Flegler is still inconsistent, he can have some great games but then follows it up with some average ones, though I guess the lows aren't as low as before.
Also I think its more likely than not that Farnworth is gone after next year?

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Xzei
  • Mustafur
  • FACTHUNT
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.