CRICKET 24/25 - General Cricket Discussion

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Probably an appropriate time to start this convo up with the Bronx all done and important cricket series and tournaments beginning.

T20 series between Aus and England on currently as well as the ODI’s to start next week.

Marsh cup to start in a week as well as less than a month till the Sheffield Shield begins also.

Also some u19 series stuff to keep an eye on over the coming little bit that I know a fair few of us watch with interest.

Interestingly the Aussies are over in England playing the t20’s and I don’t know if I agree entirely on some of the approaches to introducing new talent into the side. The likes of Stoinis and David playing yet they are trying to give Connolly, Hardie and Green an opportunity from traditionally bowling positions. Personally none of them bring there significant value as bowlers for mine. Hardie needs to be in a position where he bats regularly, Green I wouldn’t be in to much of a hurry to squeeze into the t20 side and if you are going to bring Connolly on the tour bring him properly rather than as a bowler batting 9th. I like that we are experimenting to be honest I just don’t like the way it’s being done. That’s not an acceptable way to develop talent at the expense of wins. I can accept development at the expense of wins in a series we don’t really give a **** about but do it properly.

1. Short
2. Head
3. Fraser-McGurk
4. Inglis
5. Hardie
6. Green
7. Connolly
8. Abbott
9. Bartlett
10. Zampa
11. Hazlewood

Is more so the way I’d go about it. I don’t think you get anything out of developing predominant batters at 7, 8 and 9 at the expense of bowling when they are going to have limited opportunity to develop their main and significantly more valuable discipline.

I think Short has probably locked up the opening spot you’d have to think with a 40 a 30 and now 5 wickets to go with it.

Would love to see everyone’s take on the opening situation in test cricket as well.

Active Now

• MaroubraBroncos
  • LittleDavey
  • kwomo
  • kman
  • Jason Simmons
  • Wild Horse
  • BooKhaki
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • pagey
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • GCBRONCO
  • broncsgoat
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.