30 Biggest moments

I agree with your line of thought here. But, perhaps, for the average female fan, they see that as much bigger than what we do.
It's symptomatic of the modern era. The first woman to play first grade would be a worthy addition but what do I know.

I think it’s more notable for the women’s game as a whole, not necessarily just the club. But laughing at it is a bit over the top (I know it wasn’t you), it’s an arbitrary list, and imo the club hasn’t been doing a lot of promoting the team, even if it is only a trial this weekend
No, I was deliberately over the top just as the notion that a womens game is anything but tokenism. It is over the top to think that putting on a 4 round amateur hour comp for women qualifies anywhere in the the top 30 moments. It would be if a competition had run for years, had more than a dozen teams and lower grades, was self sustaining with it's own life and administration and THEN the Broncos decided to enter it's team and be the moment the Bronco's had THEIR team.

From a business standpoint the introduction of a women's team is quite big.

The potential is huge.

It will also encourage more females to play the game when arguably the biggest Rugby League club in the world has a women's team, and it also has the potential to increase their fanbase and memberships.

People have been calling for a women's comp for years.

No, I was deliberately over the top just as the notion that a womens game is anything but tokenism. It is over the top to think that putting on a 4 round amateur hour comp for women qualifies anywhere in the the top 30 moments. It would be if a competition had run for years, had more than a dozen teams and lower grades, was self sustaining with it's own life and administration and THEN the Broncos decided to enter it's team and be the moment the Bronco's had THEIR team.

I did concede it was a bigger deal for the women’s game overall rather than the club, but I also said it’s an arbitrary list made by print media. It doesn’t belong on yours? That’s fine, but it’s a good thing regardless. No need to laugh it down and dismiss what the girls are achieving, which is a lifelong dream for some of them to represent the club.

I did concede it was a bigger deal for the women’s game overall rather than the club, but I also said it’s an arbitrary list made by print media. It doesn’t belong on yours? That’s fine, but it’s a good thing regardless. No need to laugh it down and dismiss what the girls are achieving, which is a lifelong dream for some of them to represent the club.
Well, if that's what you are taking out of my post you've drawn the wrong conclusion. It doesn't make my list and as you say it's arbitrary.

Hehe.

A thread that should be positive and devoted to all the wonderful things the Brisbane Broncos have brought to Rugby League quickly gets derailed.

Where's my surprised face?

As Mascord said once about the Immortals, I think could be applied here.

Some of you guys are living proof that if you hang around a joint long enough - you'll get respect.

Biggest moments.

6- Bennett leaves in 2008
5- Sacking Wally
4. Signing Wally and Miles
3- Super League
2- Signing Bennett
1- 1992 Premiership

Biggest moments.

6- Bennett leaves in 2008
5- Sacking Wally
4. Signing Wally and Miles
3- Super League
2- Signing Bennett
1- 1992 Premiership
Signing Lazarus

Brisbane Broncos jersey's over the 30 years.

40461423_10209726330234683_8863832834083651584_n.jpg

Unread

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Brocko
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • theshed
  • BroncosMan
  • I bleed Maroon
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.