7th Tackle Try - Disgusting!

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Melbourne
****, I'm going to go out an invest in some aluminium mining companies, I feel like sales of tinfoil are to go through the roof over the next few days

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
6 grown men, who's full time job involved counting to 6 around 100 times a weekend, didn't count to 6. This was a final match, so the best available refs were at the ground.

Not only was there 7 tackles. But what about playing on with time off. I mean, they probably only do that about 10 times a weekend, so that can be excused....

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Melbourne
Not only was there 7 tackles. But what about playing on with time off. I mean, they probably only do that about 10 times a weekend, so that can be excused....
was that not the time keeper? I thought it was a problem with the time clock rather than Cecchin screwing up

nopatience101

NRL Player
the Cowboys completed an eight-tackle set after the officials lost count during a lengthy adjudication on a possible penalty try in the Queensland derby

When play resumed, the tackle count mysteriously went from five to three, giving the Cowboys an extra two plays on the Broncos' tryline.

"The Cowboys had one more play but instead received three more plays."

No Cookies | thetelegraph.com.au

Last edited:

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
Although I was aware that it had happened before to us I'd forgotten it had occurred this year too. Once again the pain the Cowboys feel is totally understandable but there was never any going back and to do so simply means reviewing every decision ever made. A replay is unthinkable simply due to the logistics of such an endeavour never mind the myriad other considerations.

nopatience101

NRL Player
its just ironic in light of the Cowboys persecution complex.

The whole conspiracy rubbish is ridiculous and JT should feel a little silly for saying it, the NRL have plenty of reasons not to have wanted the Sharks to progress any further in the finals series and considering the Cowboys were involved in the highest rating grand final, probably every reason to want the cowboys to progress.

KingWebcke

QCup Player
Melbourne
the Cowboys completed an eight-tackle set after the officials lost count during a lengthy adjudication on a possible penalty try in the Queensland derby

When play resumed, the tackle count mysteriously went from five to three, giving the Cowboys an extra two plays on the Broncos' tryline.

haha, I remember that one now. although at the time I thought the refs were wrong not to sin-bin Parker when they really should have. so letting the Cowboys have two extra tackles seems like getting off easy.

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Out there somewhere

LOL someone send this article to Townsville

Browny

State of Origin Captain
Drunk
haha, I remember that one now. although at the time I thought the refs were wrong not to sin-bin Parker when they really should have. so letting the Cowboys have two extra tackles seems like getting off easy.
Why would he get binned when it wasn't even a penalty. It was Klein being an asshat

hidethesuspect

Banned User
Was it the same refs that made the mistake in our game? In the article the ref boss goes on about how it's not acceptable, but that the refs won't be stood down. He goes on to say that's not what they do etc etc. Meanwhile they get stood down the game just passed. You gotta love NRL's inconsistency. I'm happy they've been told to piss off, but geez, can't help but think if they did that the first time when the mistake was made in the Broncos game it could have been avoided now. Who knows.

LittleDavey83

NRL Player
Bundy
You're the one that brought Origin into it in the first place, but what pain am I exactly supposed to be easing...?
I'm thinking the same...I distinctly remember QLD holding the shield this year...once again...felt pretty damn good too, from what I remember..

Professor47

NRL Player
I have to have a rant about this -
A fundamental error such as a 7th tackle try is totally unacceptable. I cannot cop a "refs made a human error" for something like this. The fact that it will most likely just be mulled over and accepted (by the administration) makes it worse. IMHO I think this is another clear cut example of how poorly this game is administrated. It is downright embarrassing. In a FINAL series. Can you imagine this sort of rubbish in the NBA or NFL? The reaction and counter-action will be precise and practical. I know some people are going to pull out the good old line "We are not Americans, Aussie sport tribal bla bla" - all that aside, as a sports fan if you can't see the difference between how the States run their sport compared to the NRL then you are a fool. The media coverage, the administration, the process - basically everything from top to bottom of how the sport is run - they know what they are doing. Of course, the NRL simply isn't big enough to produce something like the NBA, but my point is the NRL should be AIMING to produce something LIKE the NBA, the blueprints, the processes etc - I'm sure a lot of you cringe at how the NRL is run, we all know if they just tweaked a few things and took a couple of different approaches the game will be 2-3 times better and that would be a huge start.
There is NO DOUBT league has lost a lot of fans (for many diff reasons) over the past ten years - obviously us Bronco / league lovers have stayed but I'm telling you the NRL don't make it easy... honestly I love the product but the way the sport is run is simply amateur and I think last night was another example.
I've just come back after being away a long time... 6 years ago this was posted and honestly nothing much has changed in terms of administration HAHAHAHHAHA.

The Media coverage has improved greatly though, especially foxsports!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter