7th Tackle Try - Disgusting!

The big differences are, they didn't score, we won the game & the biggest difference is, it wasn't a knockout semi final.

And what has Origin got to do with the NRL competition. Just bask over your Origin success while you have it to ease the pain.
You're the one that brought Origin into it in the first place, but what pain am I exactly supposed to be easing...?

haha, I remember that one now. although at the time I thought the refs were wrong not to sin-bin Parker when they really should have. so letting the Cowboys have two extra tackles seems like getting off easy.

Why would he get binned when it wasn't even a penalty. It was Klein being an asshat

Was it the same refs that made the mistake in our game? In the article the ref boss goes on about how it's not acceptable, but that the refs won't be stood down. He goes on to say that's not what they do etc etc. Meanwhile they get stood down the game just passed. You gotta love NRL's inconsistency. I'm happy they've been told to piss off, but geez, can't help but think if they did that the first time when the mistake was made in the Broncos game it could have been avoided now. Who knows.

You're the one that brought Origin into it in the first place, but what pain am I exactly supposed to be easing...?

I'm thinking the same...I distinctly remember QLD holding the shield this year...once again...felt pretty damn good too, from what I remember..

I have to have a rant about this -
A fundamental error such as a 7th tackle try is totally unacceptable. I cannot cop a "refs made a human error" for something like this. The fact that it will most likely just be mulled over and accepted (by the administration) makes it worse. IMHO I think this is another clear cut example of how poorly this game is administrated. It is downright embarrassing. In a FINAL series. Can you imagine this sort of rubbish in the NBA or NFL? The reaction and counter-action will be precise and practical. I know some people are going to pull out the good old line "We are not Americans, Aussie sport tribal bla bla" - all that aside, as a sports fan if you can't see the difference between how the States run their sport compared to the NRL then you are a fool. The media coverage, the administration, the process - basically everything from top to bottom of how the sport is run - they know what they are doing. Of course, the NRL simply isn't big enough to produce something like the NBA, but my point is the NRL should be AIMING to produce something LIKE the NBA, the blueprints, the processes etc - I'm sure a lot of you cringe at how the NRL is run, we all know if they just tweaked a few things and took a couple of different approaches the game will be 2-3 times better and that would be a huge start.
There is NO DOUBT league has lost a lot of fans (for many diff reasons) over the past ten years - obviously us Bronco / league lovers have stayed but I'm telling you the NRL don't make it easy... honestly I love the product but the way the sport is run is simply amateur and I think last night was another example.
I've just come back after being away a long time... 6 years ago this was posted and honestly nothing much has changed in terms of administration HAHAHAHHAHA.

The Media coverage has improved greatly though, especially foxsports!

Do you think this error is what made the NRL introduce the 7 tackle set rule? 🤔

Do you think this error is what made the NRL introduce the 7 tackle set rule? 🤔
Nah
They intro-ed to stop deliberate kicks dead = i.e when you are versing slater, inglis etc
I actually like it - the punishment for missing field goals is harsh, bombs have to be mpre accurate etc etc

Active Now

• Justwin
  • Fozz
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • heartly87
  • Broncosgirl
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • Skyblues87
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
  • theshed
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.