A Bronco in hotwater...

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Chris Garry reporting an unnamed Broncos player has been accused of assaulting a woman.

Just what we need to start the season.

It's really irresponsible of the media to implicate every player at the club like this instead of waiting for more information. Chris Garry can go **** himself. He has sold his soul to the media. I wish our players would stop talking to the media altogether. Stop telling us about your premiership aspirations, play footy and shut up. These pricks don't deserve to earn money off your name.

Just read the tweet. He didn't use the word star or superstar. Probably not even in the 30man squad.

[EDIT] No names speculation please!

Last edited by a moderator:
A current Bronco will be fronting court soon over allegedly assaulting and manhandling a woman.

Hasn’t been named yet, but allegedly it’s one of our current backrowers...

Last edited by a moderator:
A current Bronco will be fronting court soon over allegedly assaulting and manhandling a woman.

[EDIT]Please refrain from speculating about any name(s) until it has been announced in a "reputable" news source!

Dangerous ‘allegedly’ to state. Says who?

Just out of curiosity and because you seem like the right person to ask. In a case like this, if it is just a slap and it turns out that the woman slapped him first, second, third, fourth, fifth and he slapped her one time after that, how would that go in court?

Interesting that story doesn't say he will be fronting court but you do. Is this because no more can be said about it or do you know something through your occupation?

Interesting that story doesn't say he will be fronting court but you do. Is this because no more can be said about it or do you know something through your occupation?
Actually the Broncos statement says it is in court:

Capture

So
Just out of curiosity and because you seem like the right person to ask. In a case like this, if it is just a slap and it turns out that the woman slapped him first, second, third, fourth, fifth and he slapped her one time after that, how would that go in court?

Difficult to say. I know nothing about this matter other than what has been reported publicly and a tip as to who this relates to, but the wording used, suggests to me (based on the little information currently available) this is domestic violence related, rather than an assault in a pub or similar.

We have seen numerous people in trouble for assaults and there is never an issue naming the offender. Which is why this suggests to me this is not a criminal charge but rather a domestic violence proceeding. Or perhaps both but in any case contains an element of DV.

Under such circumstances, there are too many variables to form an opinion on possible outcomes, with such little information, however to answer your question the exculpation (legal defence) of self-defence can definitely be used in domestic violence incidents as it can in assault matters.

However many other things other than assault comprise domestic violence that such a defence doesn’t address, so without knowing what the allegations are it is rather difficult to say.

If this is true then that narrows it down to a few players. Done some further research and I think I know it is. Don't want to say anything just in case. DELETE THIS IF NEED BE

Innocent until proven otherwise. Shouldn't even be in the media, attacking the organisation.

Glad QLD laws protect names.

**** that numpty on that twitter link querying - why a not-found-guilty player can't be named and shamed. Question should be why the opposite happens all the time.

Innocent until proven otherwise. Shouldn't even be in the media, attacking the organisation.

Glad QLD laws protect names.

**** that numpty on that twitter link querying - why a not-found-guilty player can't be named and shamed. Question should be why the opposite happens all the time.
Unfortunately the rugby league world sees it more as innocent until prove to be a Broncos player.

I long for the day a player actually sues some dick head on twitter for defamation.

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • bb_gun
  • Battler
  • bert_lifts
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.