NEWS A game of two halves

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Brisbane's halves comment on Friday night's game, which slipped out of their reach in the last 90 seconds:

Anthony Milford:

“It was my first game in a way, so I‘m stoked to get it out of the way. I probably didn‘t run as much as I wanted to, but sometimes the game doesn’t present those chances. I need to get myself in the game, especially in the second half when the game is in the balance. We were really good in the first half, but things fell away in the second. The one positive was our attitude in the first half, our defence was good and we handled everything they threw at us."

“But we have to do it for 80 minutes, not 40.”

Robbed

But is he just auditioning for a new contract?

“I have to be thinking that way. I come off-contract at the end of the year, so it‘s in my control the way I play, everything that’s in my control, I have to perform. I am working on getting my running game back. When I am running, it opens up opportunities on the outside as well."

“A lot of teams are defending me well but if I run the ball, it gives chances for guys like Jordan Riki and Jamayne Isaako, it gives them a lot more room to move.”

Brodie Croft:

“Kevvie has been really good. He didn‘t want to overcomplicate my role, I just wanted to defend well, muscle up in defence and work hard on my kick chase and take the line on when I could. In the second half, I could have taken the line on a bit more. Hopefully, looking forward I can improve in that area.”

McHunt

Last edited:
I was happy with Milfords first 40, but that response is a copout.
He should have had this mentality the entire time.
He says he is playing for his contract, and that just pisses me off because he could have been playing like that for years and hasn't because there has been no incentive, he has already been paid.
Play for the club, and for your own self respect, not because the money train is coming to an end.
Even if he has a stellar year, i would only ever sign him to 1 year contracts from here on out.
I'd still pay him relatively well based on his performance, but make the merkin play for his contract every year, and if other clubs want to pay overs for him, they can have him.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Sproj
  • Mighty Bronx
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • IceWorks
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • Mr Fourex
  • Painin the Haas
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.