NEWS A quick chat with Adam Reynolds

Adam Reynolds can barely wait to escape the slums of South Sydney and walk tall in Brisbane:

“I just wanted a new challenge for myself and my family. The Broncos deserve to be back at the top. It is a powerhouse club. They have a great supporter base and are a proud club with a lot of history. A lot of hard work and sacrifice has to go in to get there first. It is such a proud club that has been starved of finals footy for a couple of years.”

“I had some chats with Wayne and I leant on him for a bit of advice. He just said to be happy with whatever decision you go with. He had nothing but good things to say about the Broncos, which probably made my decision easier. It was a big decision at the time and having him in my corner is something I am grateful for."

“I just see joining the Broncos as a new challenge. If I had stayed in Sydney, it probably would have been the same stuff day-in and day-out and hanging with the same group of mates. On the field I am going to be excited about working with a new team and trying to take them from one place to another. On the other side of things it is good for the family to get out of our comfort zone and experience another side of life in Brisbane. It is a new challenge and I am looking forward to it.”

Screen17835082 1827632817487779 7159029574905797221 o

Now let's take a look at that bunny

“Payne Haas is the future of the game. He is one of the factors why I did sign at the club and it will be good to play alongside him in the future.”

“I will have a chat to ‘Kevvie’ about the captaincy when I get to the Broncos. I am purely focused on trying to do a job at Souths first and then whatever happens, happens. There are a lot of great young players that could fill that role and it depends which way Kevvie wants to go.”

“I am extremely driven. I think Wayne and I have got a great relationship. I love spending time with people with a lot of knowledge and Wayne has got a lot of knowledge. He has got a great personality. We have worked extremely hard at Souths on perfecting things. I want to win the premiership every year. It’s hard to do. There is a bit of luck and a lot of hard work that goes into it all. But there are no excuses for us. We have put ourselves in a great position to do it and it is about us making the most of our opportunities now."

"The club is in great hands. Souths have some fantastic kids coming through. All I wanted to do coming into first grade was to leave the jersey in a better place and I’d like to think I’ve done that. I think they should carry on that trend. If they can take that No.7 jersey and leave Souths in a better place, then my job is done.”

Wayne Bennett insists Adam's no injury magnet:

“It’s rubbish. Adam is not on modified training at Souths, it’s a bloody furphy. He doesn’t have hamstring problems, or issues with his back, knees or achilles. I’m his coach so I know Adam better than most. Injuries are a part of the game but he is no more injury-prone than anyone else. I don’t see why Adam can’t play on for several years. He will fit in fine at the Broncos. He is not a big mouth. He doesn’t talk a lot of rubbish. He is the ultimate professional, he will be perfect for the Broncos, no doubt about that.”

McHunt

Adam Reynolds on the next couple of weeks of football, leaving Souths, and settling in Brisbane:

“I’m not too sure how I will feel when it’s over, I genuinely don’t know. Hopefully it’s a lot of joy and jubilation lifting that trophy. That’s the way I want to go out. There is a lot of hard work between now and then to achieve that goal. We’ve just got to make sure we do everything possible to achieve that outcome."

“I’m purely focused on my job and what I need to do. They’re a great opposition and we know we need to turn up ready to play.”

“I’m up here for good now. I sold my place down in Sydney and bought one up here. With the Covid restrictions, it doesn’t make sense to go down and spend another two weeks in quarantine coming back to Queensland."

“I got the wife and kids up here. The weather is pretty nice, we’re still getting used to it. It’s all happened really fast. We got moved out of our homes pretty quickly. There was a lot going on back home. I haven’t had time to sit back and reflect. I probably won’t until next season rolls around, but by then I will be well entrenched with living up here.”

“We can’t control what’s being written and said. We’ve been focusing on ourselves, whether people wanted to talk us up or not. Still people aren’t giving us a chance."

“Everyone in general has written us off. Whether or not they think we can win it or not doesn’t really matter. It’s not relevant to us. What matters is what we believe in. As a team we’ve got a strong belief we can go all the way. We don’t really need to care about what everyone else is thinking. It’s only what we can control."

“We knew we could beat Penrith. We believed in ourselves, we just had to go out and execute the game plan. We did that on the night and we need to do it again. There’s no fallback position. We either win or go home.”

McHunt

I'd back Souths to beat Penrith again, not so sure about them beating Melbourne

Penrith are struggling for points and nothing that I've seen suggests to me they are going to be able to change that in the next fortnight

I'd back Souths to beat Penrith again, not so sure about them beating Melbourne

Penrith are struggling for points and nothing that I've seen suggests to me they are going to be able to change that in the next fortnight
Yes, Penrith are a great side but they've been found out the last couple of weeks, and came away limping pretty badly from what was a lucky win against the Eels. This weekend is going to be brutal.

good article from Andrew Webster, having a bit of a dig at Souths for allowing Bennett and Reynolds to leave

good article from Andrew Webster, having a bit of a dig at Souths for allowing Bennett and Reynolds to leave

I love the quote about us signing him for "mega bucks", couldn't go a full article without a little snipe at us. I'm pretty sure 700k for one of the premier halfbacks in the comp isn't close to being "mega bucks", especially given the NRL's dearth of talent in the halves. To illustrate this, the Titans and Raiders are fighting over FOGARTY, who is as average as it gets.

I love the quote about us signing him for "mega bucks", couldn't go a full article without a little snipe at us. I'm pretty sure 700k for one of the premier halfbacks in the comp isn't close to being "mega bucks", especially given the NRL's dearth of talent in the halves. To illustrate this, the Titans and Raiders are fighting over FOGARTY, who is as average as it gets.
Played with a injured groin on Friday and was still better than nearly 95% of other halfs in the comp

700k gets you just over half a ben hunt

If the Cowboys, Bulldogs or Tigers had of signed him they would have been wanking over how great a deal they got.

Says a lot for our reputation when you have two guys, both gun-players, on opposing sides in a GF after which they both pull on the maroon and gold as team-mates at Suncorp ... can't wait for 2022.

Can't wait for him to don the Broncos jumper next year 😎👍

Donaghy told a story the other day that on his second day they went to Sydney to get Reynolds and he had the idea let’s take a jumper with seven on for him.

When they chatted and got up to leave he gave him the present and said try this on in your own time and see if you like the look of it.

Not sure if it worked but it was good work.

Donaghy told a story the other day that on his second day they went to Sydney to get Reynolds and he had the idea let’s take a jumper with seven on for him.

When they chatted and got up to leave he gave him the present and said try this on in your own time and see if you like the look of it.

Great story, thanks for sharing. This sort of attention to detail is what I was expecting Donuts to bring. This shows professionalism and shows players we want them and care about them. Far better than hey get a cab and don’t tell your parents.

Great story, thanks for sharing. This sort of attention to detail is what I was expecting Donuts to bring. This shows professionalism and shows players we want them and care about them. Far better than hey get a cab and don’t tell your parents.
It also shows Donaghy was probably a real smooth operator with the ladies too.

Just seems so cool, calm and collected all the time.

**** that's smooth.

Not like those idiots who left Bellamy waiting 30 minutes in the lobby.

Adam Reynolds can barely wait to escape the slums of South Sydney and walk tall in Brisbane:

“I just wanted a new challenge for myself and my family. The Broncos deserve to be back at the top. It is a powerhouse club. They have a great supporter base and are a proud club with a lot of history. A lot of hard work and sacrifice has to go in to get there first. It is such a proud club that has been starved of finals footy for a couple of years.”

“I had some chats with Wayne and I leant on him for a bit of advice. He just said to be happy with whatever decision you go with. He had nothing but good things to say about the Broncos, which probably made my decision easier. It was a big decision at the time and having him in my corner is something I am grateful for."

“I just see joining the Broncos as a new challenge. If I had stayed in Sydney, it probably would have been the same stuff day-in and day-out and hanging with the same group of mates. On the field I am going to be excited about working with a new team and trying to take them from one place to another. On the other side of things it is good for the family to get out of our comfort zone and experience another side of life in Brisbane. It is a new challenge and I am looking forward to it.”

View attachment 15108
Now let's take a look at that bunny

“Payne Haas is the future of the game. He is one of the factors why I did sign at the club and it will be good to play alongside him in the future.”

“I will have a chat to ‘Kevvie’ about the captaincy when I get to the Broncos. I am purely focused on trying to do a job at Souths first and then whatever happens, happens. There are a lot of great young players that could fill that role and it depends which way Kevvie wants to go.”

“I am extremely driven. I think Wayne and I have got a great relationship. I love spending time with people with a lot of knowledge and Wayne has got a lot of knowledge. He has got a great personality. We have worked extremely hard at Souths on perfecting things. I want to win the premiership every year. It’s hard to do. There is a bit of luck and a lot of hard work that goes into it all. But there are no excuses for us. We have put ourselves in a great position to do it and it is about us making the most of our opportunities now."

"The club is in great hands. Souths have some fantastic kids coming through. All I wanted to do coming into first grade was to leave the jersey in a better place and I’d like to think I’ve done that. I think they should carry on that trend. If they can take that No.7 jersey and leave Souths in a better place, then my job is done.”

Wayne Bennett insists Adam's no injury magnet:

“It’s rubbish. Adam is not on modified training at Souths, it’s a bloody furphy. He doesn’t have hamstring problems, or issues with his back, knees or achilles. I’m his coach so I know Adam better than most. Injuries are a part of the game but he is no more injury-prone than anyone else. I don’t see why Adam can’t play on for several years. He will fit in fine at the Broncos. He is not a big mouth. He doesn’t talk a lot of rubbish. He is the ultimate professional, he will be perfect for the Broncos, no doubt about that.”

McHunt
Anyone a little worried Bennett is intentionally giving us Reynolds knowing full well what's wrong with his body and that this is a final f you to the club...

He sure had nothing nice to say about the club the other night after their prelim win

Anyone a little worried Bennett is intentionally giving us Reynolds knowing full well what's wrong with his body and that this is a final f you to the club...

He sure had nothing nice to say about the club the other night after their prelim win
The fact that he played 23 games last year and 25 games to date this year would indicate that as Bennett said the rumour about his body being shot is false.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • NSW stables
  • Aldo
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Kev_Guz
  • Sproj
  • Brocko
  • azza.79
  • Swordfish
  • Wolfie
  • Battler
  • pennywisealfie
  • The True King
  • Broncosgirl
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.