Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
‘Abysmal, unacceptable’: Legends unload on Broncos after belting

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Fatty, buy his suggestions often seem bad. Moving Boyd or even Bird into the halves will make Milford's job, something he's struggling to adjust to, even tougher.

I actually think getting Darius into 6 or centre is not a bad idea at all, he won't be a Lockyer but he will be a decent 5/8 and Milford is just going to have to run the team. Until we get a 7 that can actually handle first grade the best we can do is play musical chairs with the players we have until we find something that sticks.

Boyd is no longer a fullback but I think he can be a good player again from a different position. I really, really like Darius, but I really can no longer defend him at fullback and if he can't step up at centre or 5/8 he's going to have to play his career out in reserves.

I'd like to see Boyd moved to wing or centre with Roberts on his wing. Our halves are creating a real headache for us defensively, so I'd like to see Bird to 6 to cover that, and throw Staggs on as a starter. cenre We also need to begin the transitioning out of Macca. Is Tuprin close to being ready?

It's no use being half pregnant. Boyd is either useless and needs to go or we persist with him. He has said himself that he has never felt fitter and never ran faster, yet he refuses to tackle or even put his body in the way of the attacking player. He is suffering a lack of confidence and needs to be rested. Preferably for good.

The problem is, Seibold had the luxury at Souths of having Reynolds, Cook and Alex Johnston in the positions we are sadly lacking in. It is a real conundrum in so far as do we move blokes into new positions, do we bring in young untested players, do we persist and hope it all comes good?

How long can this mediocrity go on for while we tell ourselves it takes time for these new structures of Seibold's to be learnt by the players. We got used to mediocrity being rewarded last season and by the way things look and feel at the moment, Seibold will carry on with the same bad habits and ultimately it is us paying fans who have to watch this diabolical shit week after week.

Seibold will either prove he is a genius or a one season wonder but at the moment it is not looking too flash for him.

Last edited:
“The forward pack got rolled and torn apart by the Roosters...” so make urgent changes to the spine? Are these guys even watching the games or are they gorging on gourmet sausage rolls and casually glancing at jersey numbers to call the play?

Completion rate. It’s all it is.

“The forward pack got rolled and torn apart by the Roosters...” so make urgent changes to the spine? Are these guys even watching the games or are they gorging on gourmet sausage rolls and casually glancing at jersey numbers to call the play?

I'm not sure that's all it is. We had one of, if not the best completion rate in the NRL last season and we still conceded an unacceptable about of points.

Dearden or SOS to halfback, Niko to 6, Milf to fullback. Boyd to peel the oranges.
What's with this obsession with SOS? He doesn't look like a first grader in any way imaginable. He is the perfect second tier HB only used in first grade because of absolute desperation. We are not at that point yet.

And defence tbf. 156 missed tackles in 4 games is very average.

1. Losing to the premiers and one of the best sides in the comp, away from home, and we were still in the game with 15 mins to go.

2. Losing 56_0 to a side that finishes the year in 13th.

Pick one as the worst loss in history. It's a good test of your rugby league judgement.

I watched all 80 mins of the raiders loss , literally forced myself through it, and it was 1000 times worse than this week... and we still made the prelim final that year.

Long season to go.

Lets give Seibs , and the boys who are performing, more than one month before writing dogshit reporting.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Broncosgirl
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mustafur
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • winslow_wong
  • Skyblues87
  • broncos4life
  • Rough and Ready
  • LittleDavey
  • Horseheadsup
  • Scorchie
  • Foordy
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • Galah
  • MrTickyMcG
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.