NEWS Adam Reynolds reveals the moment he knew his time at Souths was over

Halves coach.

He can teach kicking and game management.
I hope that his time here is successful (which it has been to date), because he's obviously an extremely smart operator, speaks well and if his time here goes well would become well respected within the Broncos.

If he is truly keen to be groomed into a coaching role and plans to stay in Brisbane long term... it could be an amazing outcome for the club.

We're only part way through his first year though... if he starts breaking down and it turns into Boyd 2.0 by 2024/25 public opinion may not be so great.

His play style looks like it can hold up though... so I'm genuinely hoping it all pays off.

Broncos probably have a bit of a sour taste in the mouth for NSW'men after Bird and then slumping to the bottom. The prestige is dwindling, but if Reynolds is a success story then it makes us look extremely viable again moving forward.

It looks like an extremely bad decision on the surface but if Elias becomes a long term halves option I think they’ll be pretty content with their choice. A clubs next 10 year halfback doesn’t just come around every 2 seasons and if he left because he’s stuck behind Reyno they may regret it for years, even if they’d be better served over the next two seasons.

I’m not going to bag South’s too loudly until o have the luxury of hindsight but I’m just happy that their loss has been our gain.

I get your point but surely, you offer a two year deal at 500k for one of the best two halfbacks in the game, especially when there are so few gun organising halves. If Ilias comes along with a bang at the next level down, you start to phase him in and then you can still let Reynolds go in the second year if need be. At WORST, Reynolds is an amazing security blanket to fall back on and mentor for Ilias.

Plus Walker is getting on as well and given the way they both play, if one of them is going to fall of a cliff, it is more likely to be Walker.

thanks Wayne - he wouldn't have done that if it wasn't Kev coaching

This was my first thought as well. Get your tinfoil hats ready sports fans, the conspirator in me says Reyno is Bennett's plant and Reyno is working Herbie, Haas and Cobbo for a massive coup to the Dolphins in 2024.
Convince them to go by making the broncos better by him being here, perfect plan......

But as the Broncos have learnt the harsh lesson a number of times the last 5 or so years. Banking on potential is a very risky business. A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush.

Unless that Bird’s name is ‘Jack’ in which case a Bird in the hand was worth $3 million+ to sit in rehab for 3 years.

I hope that his time here is successful (which it has been to date), because he's obviously an extremely smart operator, speaks well and if his time here goes well would become well respected within the Broncos.

If he is truly keen to be groomed into a coaching role and plans to stay in Brisbane long term... it could be an amazing outcome for the club.

We're only part way through his first year though... if he starts breaking down and it turns into Boyd 2.0 by 2024/25 public opinion may not be so great.

His play style looks like it can hold up though... so I'm genuinely hoping it all pays off.

Broncos probably have a bit of a sour taste in the mouth for NSW'men after Bird and then slumping to the bottom. The prestige is dwindling, but if Reynolds is a success story then it makes us look extremely viable again moving forward.

Sour taste or not, arguably our best 3 players at the club are all NSWmen (Reynolds, Haas, Staggs)

We just need to think of them as honorary QLDers that will suffice

Seconded.

I really hope he stays injury free. It would be a huge downer for the players and fans if he spent half his time out with injuries. Either way, his future at the club is stable (with the coaching gig afterwards) so that gives him/Broncos some security.

I get your point but surely, you offer a two year deal at 500k for one of the best two halfbacks in the game, especially when there are so few gun organising halves. If Ilias comes along with a bang at the next level down, you start to phase him in and then you can still let Reynolds go in the second year if need be. At WORST, Reynolds is an amazing security blanket to fall back on and mentor for Ilias.

Plus Walker is getting on as well and given the way they both play, if one of them is going to fall of a cliff, it is more likely to be Walker.
Spot on, a top quality half was offered a 50% pay cut and he still would have said yes, only wanted 2 years.
This goes down as one of the stupidest contract decisions ever made, right up there with paying a second rower $1.2m

Active Now

• BrentTatesChin
  • Culhwch
  • teampjta
  • Financeguy
  • davidp
  • Maddy
  • BroncsNBundy
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Gaz
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncos Maestro
  • upthebroncs
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Tim K
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.