AUS FOOTBALL AFL Grand Final 2023 - Collingwood v Brisbane

this is a demons team out of form too right? what happened to the lions being the most potent attacking side?

Have scored 7 points since quarter time, wowsers that is bad. That is season destroying bad.

Man some of these clangers have been shocking, it is like the Lions of the spoon years.

Man some of these clangers have been shocking, it is like the Lions of the spoon years.
It’s sad man. When will Brisbane be premier sports state again..

Poor sprojy in here talking to himself. U ok buddy?

Jesus. Lions just gave up like the bad news bears. Not what you see from a top side. Cliques must be forming.

Yeah we aren't getting any further with this team. Bailey would make a big difference but none of the other outs would make much difference, we don't have the big body mids to match Petracca and Oliver (we could have had Oliver) and are too slow everywhere else. Melbourne's defense is tight and they transition better than anyone and the Lions are hopeless at defending teams that transition well. We are at our peak, this is it sadly.

Yeah we aren't getting any further with this team. Bailey would make a big difference but none of the other outs would make much difference, we don't have the big body mids to match Petracca and Oliver (we could have had Oliver) and are too slow everywhere else. Melbourne's defense is tight and they transition better than anyone and the Lions are hopeless at defending teams that transition well. We are at our peak, this is it sadly.
It’s been a good run considering how bad we were before fagan came. Hopefully they can rebuild quicker than last time and recruit well in the off season.

It’s been a good run considering how bad we were before fagan came. Hopefully they can rebuild quicker than last time and recruit well in the off season.

This will be controversial but I reckon we should let Neale walk. He wants to leave and we will either get some good draft picks or hopefully attract a big body mid somehow.

I know nothing about AFL so this is probably an ignorant take, but did the signing of Daniher upset the forward balance? You guys seemed to be closest when Cameron was the main guy?

I know nothing about AFL so this is probably an ignorant take, but did the signing of Daniher upset the forward balance? You guys seemed to be closest when Cameron was the main guy?

No. Daniher has been excellent, we are the highest scoring team in the comp by a country mile, the forward line is our strength. The issue is the midfield. They can beat up on lesser teams but they get bullied, bashed and blown away against strong and/or fast midfields which of course all the top teams have. Our midfield does not run both ways and this will always be an Achilles heel. Our defense can cover it for a while but once the midfield loses the arm wrestle, they cannot win it back.

We likely have an absolute gun kid nominating us in the draft, so that will help next year but even then, as good as he is, he will take a couple of years to really hit his stride and this is why we need to keep our fringe kids. We need to move on from the likes of Lyon and even Neale. Rayner needs to really start showing something in the midfield too, hopefully he comes good back end of the season as he is coming back from a knee injury.

We have put in a five year deal to McStay and I also think this might be the wrong move because Daniher and Hipwood are to gun tall targets and we should make the most of our smalls by going with 4 of them instead of three. All in all, we need to change our style and not be afraid to lose some guns to do it.

Cracking match this. The Suns are definitely on the way up and we are just so clunky this year.

hard being a Brisbane sports fan in recent times. Lions surrendering a 40 point lead is so disappointing. Premiership window is closing pretty fast now

hard being a Brisbane sports fan in recent times. Lions surrendering a 40 point lead is so disappointing. Premiership window is closing pretty fast now

We unfortunately were never in it but we rose much earlier than expected. We weren’t supposed to be good until about now and we have two gun father-son kids coming in, bith will help our midfield so much and that is the side’s problem. Our midfield lacks a tough edge and is too small and slow. We aren’t doing anything this year unless something drastic changes. We’ve looked off all season and I’m not surprised with today’s result at all. I would t be surprised if we scrape into finals and exit with a whimper.

We unfortunately were never in it but we rose much earlier than expected. We weren’t supposed to be good until about now and we have two gun father-son kids coming in, bith will help our midfield so much and that is the side’s problem. Our midfield lacks a tough edge and is too small and slow. We aren’t doing anything this year unless something drastic changes. We’ve looked off all season and I’m not surprised with today’s result at all. I would t be surprised if we scrape into finals and exit with a whimper.
It’s so frustrating that every time the lions work hard to kick a goal they always concede one instantly from the centre clearance. Even if they fixed their shots on goal it’d make a big difference. They had their chances in the last quarter but couldn’t convert. Sad thing is that was pretty much our full strength side minus Daniel rich.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Aldo
  • sooticus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morepudding
  • broncos4life
  • FACTHUNT
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.