AUS FOOTBALL AFL 2024

Finally got around to a replay of the last quarter between the Cats and the Lions. I was under the impression the Lions ran away with it but they really had to win the game twice. Did Zac Bailey really repeat the same mistake he made against the Pies earlier in the season? Thank god Ah Chee and Rayner came in clutch.

Still the Cats had their opportunities and couldn't nail them. The Lions competed very hard and made the Cats work for everything but I felt like there was plenty of room for improvement.

Ashcroft really is something special, just one of those athletes that makes you want to watch just to see what they can come up with. Some of his play when the game was on the line was beyond his years.

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert, but I really hope the Lions can deliver on Saturday. You guys were the first thing on my mind after the heart-break in '23 and I really hope they deliver for you - you guys all deserve it.

Finally got around to a replay of the last quarter between the Cats and the Lions. I was under the impression the Lions ran away with it but they really had to win the game twice. Did Zac Bailey really repeat the same mistake he made against the Pies earlier in the season? Thank god Ah Chee and Rayner came in clutch.

Still the Cats had their opportunities and couldn't nail them. The Lions competed very hard and made the Cats work for everything but I felt like there was plenty of room for improvement.

Ashcroft really is something special, just one of those athletes that makes you want to watch just to see what they can come up with. Some of his play when the game was on the line was beyond his years.

I'm not going to pretend I'm an expert, but I really hope the Lions can deliver on Saturday. You guys were the first thing on my mind after the heart-break in '23 and I really hope they deliver for you - you guys all deserve it.

You’ve nailed it. The Lions looked in control until they weren’t but then got control again. This is funnily enough a big part of the appeal of AFL. As good as a side might be going, momentum shifts and turns. Fagan has been on record saying one of the things the Lions have learned over the last six years of finals is that you need to prepared to win a game several times, you cannot switch off.

And yeah Bailey made the same mistake again and it almost cost us dearly again but he also did a lot right. He’s an X factor player and I expect he’s going to have a big GF. Ashcroft is an absolute gun and he’s younger brother will be with us next year too and he might be somehow even better.

The player I really like in addition to all of this is Lohmann. The kid pops up everywhere and loves the big stage, he’s been a massive in for us this year. Rayner sealing that game last week might well be the making of him. We’ve been waiting a long time for him to deliver n his endless potential and this year he’s been doing that, watch him rip the game apart tomorrow, Sydney have no good match up for him either.

Active Now

• RolledOates
  • mitch222
  • teampjta
  • bert_lifts
  • Swordfish
  • phoenix
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • BRC088
  • Socnorb
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Shane Tronc
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Gaz
  • Morepudding
  • Wild Horse
  • Harry Sack
  • jd87
  • broncos4life
... and 29 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.