AFL star up on Assault charges.

Yep, already noteworthy that he's been charged and the club has said "let's not do anything until he's convicted" basically.

Come on Webbie, write a book about them! :P LOLZ

mrslong said:
Just because it's not an NRL star I thought we should look at this and juge the code the way our code is judged. [icon_shady

Yeah I thought the same thing when I read this article yesterday, but then I thought "Nah, why stoop to their level"

Not having a go at you either mrslong for posting it, I just couldn't really be bothered, I don't care about AFL.

I'm having a larf Flutterby...nothing else to larf about currently.

Yeah I got that - also why I said I wasn't having a go at you

I would like to thank you for finding and posting this mrslong.

IMO, this is actually very relevant to how the NRL treats and expects it's players to act. I wish we had a few Melbourne supporters, who could tell us if this is massive down there or in SA. I would also like to know how big this guy is in AFL cricles and what sort of coin he is on, just to be able to have a comparison.

If this was an NRL player, channel 9 and newsmedia would have already trampled over each other to crucify this bloke. The Footy Show would be doing a 10 minute piece on it and said player would be stood down and made to attend alcohol and behaviour classes, probably made to be the front man for Anti Women's Violence groups, etc.

I will watch this one closely.

I know a bit about AFL, Bock is a quality player but would have the faintest idea what he would be on.

How about a bit closer to home... Albert Proud from the Lions threw a glass at some poor girl at a Sunshine Coast nightspot over the holidays. Cut her up pretty bad. To my knowledge he hasn't received any sort of punishment and remarkabley played all the way through the Nab Cup and into this season.

It really shows how big a blight on the game the media is.. they can get Seymour suspended for 2 weeks for "being drunk" because to them its the kind of sensationalism that will sell papers. When it comes to an AFL young gun in a predominately League town.... nothing. Guess it won't move papers.

Possibly why the Storm players appear so squeaky clean too?

Hammo said:
I would like to thank you for finding and posting this mrslong.

IMO, this is actually very relevant to how the NRL treats and expects it's players to act. I wish we had a few Melbourne supporters, who could tell us if this is massive down there or in SA. I would also like to know how big this guy is in AFL cricles and what sort of coin he is on, just to be able to have a comparison.

If this was an NRL player, channel 9 and newsmedia would have already trampled over each other to crucify this bloke. The Footy Show would be doing a 10 minute piece on it and said player would be stood down and made to attend alcohol and behaviour classes, probably made to be the front man for Anti Women's Violence groups, etc.

I will watch this one closely.

Here is a link from the front page of AdelaideNow.com. I'd say it's pretty big news. He's their club champion and was an All-Australian (for what that's worth ROFLALLAUSTRALIANAFLROT)

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/stor ... 01,00.html

AN ashen-faced Nathan Bock faced his moment of truth yesterday and was warned he would be sacked by the Adelaide Football Club for any more off-field indiscretions.
So I guess he gets a strike? Pfft!

This quote also interested me:

Bock features in the AFL's advertising campaign for the season launch.

AFL media manager Patrick Keane said the issue of whether Bock's situation would affect the TV campaign "hasn't been discussed at this point".

"We're still determining what occurred so I can't give you an answer on that yet," he said.
Bock will become the third Crow currently playing to face court.
[icon_ee 3 players! WTF!

mrslong, why is All Australian status ROFLZ to you? It is quite prestigious in AFL and seen as a big honour as is being a club champion.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
mrslong, why is All Australian status ROFLZ to you? It is quite prestigious in AFL and seen as a big honour as is being a club champion.

um.....because there is no such thing as the Australian AFL team [icon_confu

It's like I always say to the AFL lovers at work; as kids we all dream of playing footy or cricket for Queensland or Australia....except the AFL kids, they dream of playing cricket for their state and country and playing footy for their suburb! LOLZ!!!

Well it is an Australia wide competition and its the best 22 players in All of Australia, whether you like the game or whether you like the fact they call it All-Australian is immaterial it is a big honour in that sport. Also the suburb thing doesn't fly either coz sure the Melbourne teams are suburbs just like the Sydney ones in AFL, all the teams outside of Melbourne are towns or cities in their own right.

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Well it is an Australia wide competition and its the best 22 players in All of Australia, whether you like the game or whether you like the fact they call it All-Australian is immaterial it is a big honour in that sport. Also the suburb thing doesn't fly either coz sure the Melbourne teams are suburbs just like the Sydney ones in AFL, all the teams outside of Melbourne are towns or cities in their own right.

It does fly Gympie; they don't have rep level in their sport.

HTH

FCB BB AKA MB said:
Woo I'm in the Australian team...now who do we play? [icon_shru hmmm the Irish play something that looks a little bit like our sport, let's play them.... [icon_evillaugh

ROFLINTERNATIONALAFL

BTW, it looks like the Crows have stood him down.

Its a team of the year not an "Australian Team", if you knew anything about this you would know they pick a vastly different team for the International Rules series which in the AFL States and Ireland is still successful in terms of attendances and TV figures. The NRL pick positional awards each year at the Dally M Awards night isn't this just the same thing. When you consider how paltry league is at an international level there isn't much room for gloating, there are 2 good nations in Australia and NZ and one decent one in England the rest are crap and will remain that way unless things change very significantly. The NRL and the AFL are similarly strong and the only other league of note in rugby league is the Super League which relies on our has-been's and never-was's (example Jamie Lyon winning there player of the year twice as a 5/8th LOLZ).

More AFL lols:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/04/09/2538999.htm?section=justin

Two senior North Melbourne AFL players have admitted to being part of a group of eight players who made an offensive video that was uploaded onto the internet.

Midfielder Adam Simpson and ruckman Daniel Pratt appeared on The Footy Show on Channel Nine last night to confess to being part of the group that made the video, which has been described as tasteless and offensive to women.

It shows a rubber chicken with a condom over its head simulating sex with a chicken carcass.

What a nation of cranky old women we are.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.