Aiden Sezer for Broncos

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Player
Oct 13, 2014
What do we think?; sure he isn't tier 1 halfback but if Raiders seriously dont want him anymore I think it would be ignorance of the highest order if our recruitment team didn't enquire about his feelings about playing with us.

He is a guy who can organise, can kick conversions and in general play and has shown his worth this year by fighting back and winning his spot in one of the best teams in the comp...

He would remove a lot of pressure that would otherwise come onto a couple of school kids shoulders in Dearden and Sos...

Off course...it would have to be a salary cap compliant contract but I think a 2 year contract would be a sensible purchase...??

Thoughts...

I've mentioned his name several times before as a potential target, but I think his time has come and gone. I've looked in to him statistically and he's extremely underwhelming for a Halfback.

2014 - 13 games, 4 tries, 4 try assists
2015 - 18 games, 3 tries, 9 try assists
2016 - 24 games, 5 tries, 8 try assists
2017 - 24 games, 4 tries, 8 try assists
2018 - 18 games, 2 tries, 8 try assists
2019 - 10 games, 3 tries, 5 try assists

A good Halfback should be up around 20 try assists by the end of the season, if not more. Mitch Moses has as many try assists this season as Sezer has in his last 52 games.

......sure but.......hes available......

Aint no-one else better....and he is FAR more experienced in NRL footy than the other guys on our roster...

Im trying to be realistic......talk about Ponga and Holmes etc.....but we DONT need a world beater in our halves.....just someone....anyone.....who can play NRL level...

we actually dont need to to get a superstar every time we enter the market.....just a sensible signing, not on a long contract, reasonable money......who can actually help this team...

I'm of the same opinion as you but i don't think he's the answer. He'd do a below average job for what we want and it would most likely turn into a poor signing.

I'm sure the club had their reasons but why we didn't go after Pearce 2 years ago or sign Maloney for the next 2 years baffles me. I'd be going for Blake Green if we wanted a bandaid solution for 2 more years.

Last edited:
Pearce is a fuckhead.......I'm glad he wasn't chased to come here.

Maloney would have been the one and I can't figure out any reason why we shouldn't have signed him for 1or 2 yrs.

Pearce is a fuckhead but Maloney isn't?

Yes......well, he's less of a fuckhead than Pearce. TBH, if Maloney is in your side.......you'd forgive him for a few of his indiscretions. Maloney is a winner....and his team mates seem to rise up around him.

Pearce is a fuckhead.......I'm glad he wasn't chased to come here.

Maloney would have been the one and I can't figure out any reason why we shouldn't have signed him for 1or 2 yrs.
I would have really liked him to come to the broncos to guide the young guys too but I don't think he would have come for a year, and 2 is a gamble.
He probably went to the super league because it is a 3 year deal. If its a 1 year deal he wouldn't come cheap and I don't think we could afford it.

Rather we persist with Dearden, Dargan and SOS. SOS could be our Sezer with his steady left boot.

Last edited:
Yes......well, he's less of a fuckhead than Pearce. TBH, if Maloney is in your side.......you'd forgive him for a few of his indiscretions. Maloney is a winner....and his team mates seem to rise up around him.

One of the best NRL players to move to the ESL for mine.

one reason is that at the time, he had zero intention on leaving Sydney ... and it's not like money could have enticed him since the Panthers offered him big money anyway

I'm of the same opinion as you but i don't think he's the answer. He'd do a below average job for what we want and it would most likely turn into a poor signing.

I'm sure the club had their reasons but why we didn't go after Pearce 2 years ago or sign Maloney for the next 2 years baffles me. I'd be going for Blake Green if we wanted a bandaid solution for 2 more years.

hey that's cool...we are talking the bottom of the barrel here but...if you get a chance watch him tomorrow playing Rooters.....then try and imagine what he's doing behind our pack...

I've mentioned his name several times before as a potential target, but I think his time has come and gone. I've looked in to him statistically and he's extremely underwhelming for a Halfback.

2014 - 13 games, 4 tries, 4 try assists
2015 - 18 games, 3 tries, 9 try assists
2016 - 24 games, 5 tries, 8 try assists
2017 - 24 games, 4 tries, 8 try assists
2018 - 18 games, 2 tries, 8 try assists
2019 - 10 games, 3 tries, 5 try assists

A good Halfback should be up around 20 try assists by the end of the season, if not more. Mitch Moses has as many try assists this season as Sezer has in his last 52 games.

Remember when we had the opportunity to sign Moses but chose Bird instead?

Last edited:
Remember when we had the opportunity to sign Moses but chose Bird instead?

Would have been far happier if the Broncs signed neither.

On a related note, is Norman a cancer to any club he goes to? Has there ever been a half like him?

Almost never played in a finals series and seems to drag down whichever club he goes to and then still somehow manages to make a rep team.

Active Now

• Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.