NEWS Albert Kelly redux

Albert Kelly launches his latest product, an older, wiser, more patient version of his former self:

“My game has really changed over the years – I’ve got a lot more smarts than I had. I was making a lot of errors looking for big plays because that’s what the fans get excited about. In my early years I was more of an erratic, attacking player. I learnt a lot about game management and patience in England, things I wasn’t good at."

“To add that to my arsenal and come back and mix it with these young kids has really helped. My attributes can help unlock their confidence which is a big thing for such a young squad. There will be a fresh new Kelly out there.”

“I was really enjoying my footy in 2013-14 then I broke my leg and sat out for a few weeks. I didn’t recover quickly and it didn’t feel right when I came back. I had a year left at the Titans and wanted to get my strength back but I felt I was rushing it."

“I thought I would go to England later in my career but an option arose and I took it and spent seven years there. I enjoyed it very much at both Hull clubs. I learnt a few more parts to add to my game. But I went over to England too early. I was only 23 and had plenty more to give in the NRL. I didn’t really want to leave."

“I’ve always had aspirations to come back and play at the top level here again. I learnt that I had to have patience.”

Screen 92405817 rexfeatures 5691678am

Pass the Dutchie

“I had a few injuries last year, I tore my hamstring in the Challenge Cup quarter-final, I took my time recovering and packed on a few kilos in the cold over there. I felt like I was in pretty good shape when I came back but then I did 14 days’ quarantine."

“I came to Broncos training and tweaked my other hamstring so Kevvie told me to ease into training, strip a few more kilos and we’ll see what happens. There was a slim chance of playing NRL and I sacrificed a lot of things to get back here and bring my family home."

“I had to have patience and do the work, things I wouldn’t have done 10 years ago. The hard work I put in and sacrifices have got me to this point now. I’m glad I took a punt on it.”

“I am stoked to even put the Broncos’ training gear on, I pinch myself every morning. To be back playing for a club with such rich history like the Broncos is unreal. I get to speak to legends like Petero, Corey Parker and Alfie at training. I keep wondering if it’s real."

“They have given me an opportunity and I will do everything in my power to pay them back. I know I’ve done the hard work – it’s now time to get results. I won’t be anyone else except me out there.”

McHunt

As long as it's better than Gamble's debut .... :P

Nice words, as nice as all the other debuts before them.

Hope you have a good match, the same as I hope KH has a good match too. Go well, boys

He lost most of his body fat from the start of the season

he will have his best game of the year against the Roosters, much like Gamble agaisnt the Tits.

Then, the reallity of modern NRL will hit and he wont be seen again...

I really do hope he plays well. He was one of my favourite players to watch back in 2013-14.

Loves an intercept try.

I wish him all the best, but it is really a pathetic indictment on the state of our spine that bringing him in became a necessity at all, and he will likely be replaced by Staggs when he is fit.

I wish him all the best, but it is really a pathetic indictment on the state of our spine that bringing him in became a necessity at all, and he will likely be replaced by Staggs when he is fit.
Or Special K....! :rofl

I was looking at some stats(yeah, I know) and was surprised by Kelly's 4 try assists in only 3 games. Another surprise was 7 tackle busts. I remember his second game and some very poor handling but over all he wasn't terrible. I'm hoping he's fit soon and has maintained his weight loss while out. He might be very useful over the coming months.

I was looking at some stats(yeah, I know) and was surprised by Kelly's 4 try assists in only 3 games. Another surprise was 7 tackle busts. I remember his second game and some very poor handling but over all he wasn't terrible. I'm hoping he's fit soon and has maintained his weight loss while out. He might be very useful over the coming months.
He’s been our best half this year I thought. Well, most developed - he had a few shocker moments.

There is no way anyone could not be impressed with what he has provided. He has easily been our most potent half without much to work with around him.

Definitely worth a shot at 6 with Reynolds next year.

He must have worse hamstrings than Hodges. But in all seriousness, he’s probably the most crafty half we have, I’m sure he’d go well with Reynolds.

There is no way anyone could not be impressed with what he has provided. He has easily been our most potent half without much to work with around him.

Definitely worth a shot at 6 with Reynolds next year.
I would give staggs 1st shot no doubt whatsoever after the other night. He Will never be the best or craftiest 5/8th but he just demands the ball in pressure moments, draws opposition in, makes things happen, and has the respect of his team mates. He may not work, but he deserves a chance there. Kelly and gamble are handy back ups for us for sure. Been a few years since weve had players who fill in and you know will be dependable, but to ask a season of Kelly or gamble is a bit much. Mam and maybe another qld cup half can be behind them again. Make mam earn his spot.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Ejbroncos
  • Justwin
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Wolfie
  • achievedrap
  • Culhwch
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Tim K
  • broncsgoat
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Old Mate
  • Dony Eliakim
... and 49 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.