NEWS Alex Glenn remains a Bronco

The Broncos will pay loyalist Alex Glenn to mentor Pacific Islander students. He hopes this will have a similar impact to Brisbane’s Beyond The Broncos initiative, which sends current and former Broncos players into schools to work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students:

“I’ve done everything I wanted to achieve in football. My next five years, I really want to focus on giving back to the community. I’ll be working at the Broncos for the next five years, which I’m so grateful for. My main role over there is going be running our Pacific Islander program in schools.”

Screenalexglenn     CQfoZJCHcKL

Available for birthday parties

“I wanted to try and create something where we can help our Polynesian kids over here, help them get through high school but more so figure out what they want to do after school and help them set goals and learn from the mentors that I wish I knew when I was at school. I want to invest my time into these kids and I guess help them be successful in their life and find a purpose in their life.”

McHunt

I am okay with this

Not as big of a fan as people like Scott Prince getting similar gigs to this when he spent the bulk of his best years at other clubs, came back for a farewell tour and now has a job behind the scenes working with the community at probably the biggest organisation in the NRL

I am okay with this

Not as big of a fan as people like Scott Prince getting similar gigs to this when he spent the bulk of his best years at other clubs, came back for a farewell tour and now has a job behind the scenes working with the community at probably the biggest organisation in the NRL

Prince does a great job with that program, doesn't matter who he played for he is terrific at it. Dyer is great at his job and never got above reserve grade- the best staff don't have to be great Broncos.

Prince does a great job with that program, doesn't matter who he played for he is terrific at it. Dyer is great at his job and never got above reserve grade- the best staff don't have to be great Broncos.
Yep, that's why I'd like to see Benji back - in any capacity. He's a role model in all kinds of ways, including one that Karmichael Hunt isn't: he's the one who tried to switch to rugby and came straight back. That's a good lesson right there. Not sure he has another full playing season in him, though. Plus we already have Albert and Billy in that queue.

Haha I feel like this conversation with Glenn and the club went down similarly to how Robert California spoke to David Wallace when he resigned.

@broncos4life would understand
You know me too well mate, love a good Office reference.

I wonder how Bob Kazamakis is going with his gymnastics mentoring?

they must have run out of things to report ... given this was already revealed at the time he announced his retirement

I am okay with this

God forbid anyone who’s ever worked elsewhere getting a role with another organisation.

He’s not a player. He doesn’t have to be loyal to his previous club(s) to do a good job at this one in a post playing career.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.