An Argument for the New Zealand Warriors inclusion into the NRL

Those in charge know the Titans and Dolphins make it more difficult for the Broncos and that’s enough of a reason to include them.

The Titans would be the perfect pathway team for NZ.

The Titans are the team every NSWRL fan pushed for to create some competition for the "one town team Broncos", because in their mind we have all the advantages without having to compete against any nearby NRL teams.

Funnily enough, NZ have that same luxury but have sucked for a very long time.

There was a period there where Warriors were starting to build a competitive side. They had some very talented players coming through that bled for the club, they had a good coach that was building a competitive side, but the board couldn't keep themselves out of it. They wanted to do things their way.

From that point on, they have been a rabble apart from the odd season here or there where they click.

The Warriors have one big issue at present. Brown is not a coach's butthole.

They also seem to lack any form of 'leg up' that other teams like the Panthers and Storm enjoy. The logic is both these teams are given the rub of the green to ensure they are successful as they are competing directly against the AFL. The Panthers have only lately been given so much wriggle room because of the AFL's move into the traditionally NRL heartland of Western Sydney.

The Warriors however are only competing against rugby union which aside from the All Blacks is no real threat to TV coverage in Australia.

I'm sure, no I'm 100% convinced the Warriors would be far more successful if there was an AFL team setup in Auckland.

I think that, considering the number of kiwis that have competed in the NRL and given us some bloody good entertainment, I think it's only fair that they should continue to have a team from InZid in the competition. On that same note, there is a good argument for any of those nations, whether it be PNG (who have done the hard work in setting up a team in the Q Cup) or any others. I know that there is a lot of pride within each nation, so even though, for example, Samoa and Tonga don't HATE each other, there is enough rivalry that I don't know if they would be open to a combined Pacific Nations team.

Not to turn this in to a **** Melbourne thing, but again, they have done nothing to grow or develop Rugby League in Victoria, I see far more reason to have NZ in the comp than the Storm.

On a side note, I see PNG has applied for an NRL team. I like it and yes I’m aware of all the issues of this logistically.
Would love to see a Fiji/PNG side. Or both. I'm starting to come on board with the idea of conferences.

Blast out 24 teams, conference it.

The obvious team that adds nothing to the nrl on any level is the storm, they are the team that needs to merge with Redcliffe.
😏

Would love to see a Fiji/PNG side. Or both. I'm starting to come on board with the idea of conferences.

Blast out 24 teams, conference it.

You were just begging for a list…well maybe you weren’t…but you are getting one anyway:

1. Brisbane Broncos
2. Redcliffe Dolphins
3. Ipswich Jets
4. Gold Coast Titans
5. North Queensland Cowboys
6. Newcastle Knights
7. North Sydney Bears
8. Manly Sea Eagles
9. Easts Roosters
10. Cronulla Sharks
11. St George-Illawarra Dragons
12. Canberra Raiders
13. Melbourne Storm
14. New Zealand Warriors
15. Penrith Panthers
16. Parramatta Eels
17. South Sydney Rabbitohs
18. Wests Tigers
19. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
20. Papua New Guinea Hunters
21. Perth Quokkas
22. Tasmania Devils
23. Adelaide Priests
24. Darwin Heatstrokes

The obvious team that adds nothing to the nrl on any level is the storm, they are the team that needs to merge with Redcliffe.
😏
Melbourne should merge with NZ. Either the Storm bring them up, or the Warriors drag then down. Hoping it's the latter.

1. Brisbane Broncos
2. Redcliffe Dolphins
3. Ipswich Jets
4. Gold Coast Titans
5. North Queensland Cowboys
6. Newcastle Knights
7. Central Coast Bears
8. Manly Sea Eagles
9. Easts Roosters
10. Cronulla Sharks
11. St George-Illawarra Dragons
12. Canberra Raiders
13. Melbourne Storm
14. New Zealand Warriors
15. Penrith Panthers
16. Parramatta Eels
17. South Sydney Rabbitohs
18. Wests Tigers
19. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
20. Papua New Guinea Hunters
21. Perth whatevers
22. NZ 2
23. Fiji
24. Cairns/FNQ (Townsville can absorb Mackay and potentially Rocky)
Slight changes to what i'd have. Ideally I'd like to split QLD up entirely. FNQ/Cairns, Townsville, Mackay and Rockhampton (Central QLD), sunshine coast/moreton bay (dolphins), brisbane (broncos), logan/ipswich and titans. There is more than enough talent in those nurseries to support those teams.

I think that, considering the number of kiwis that have competed in the NRL and given us some bloody good entertainment, I think it's only fair that they should continue to have a team from InZid in the competition. On that same note, there is a good argument for any of those nations, whether it be PNG (who have done the hard work in setting up a team in the Q Cup) or any others. I know that there is a lot of pride within each nation, so even though, for example, Samoa and Tonga don't HATE each other, there is enough rivalry that I don't know if they would be open to a combined Pacific Nations team.

Not to turn this in to a **** Melbourne thing, but again, they have done nothing to grow or develop Rugby League in Victoria, I see far more reason to have NZ in the comp than the Storm.
You had me at "**** Melbourne".

Redcliffe and the Warriors should merge

New Redcliffe Dolph Lundgreen-Warriors.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.