RUMOUR Andre Savelio

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Rep
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
BRONCOS LAND ENGLISH SBW
Brisbane loves an Englishman with buzz.
Last year it was the man dubbed the ‘English Billy Slater’ in Greg Eden and next year it’s a man English commentators have likened to Sonny Bill Williams.

After revealing on Monday that clubs were lining up to sign Warrington backrower Andre Savelio, Market Watch can confirm Brisbane have won the race for his signature.
While Wests Tigers were also chasing hard, he’s decided to join the Broncos on a two-year-deal.

The 22-year-old made his first grade debut in 2014, spending four years in the Super League across St Helens and Warrington.

BRONCOS LAND ENGLISH SBW
Last year it was the man dubbed the ‘English Billy Slater’ in Greg Eden and next year it’s a man English commentators have likened to Sonny Bill Williams.

After revealing on Monday that clubs were lining up to sign Warrington backrower Andre Savelio, Market Watch can confirm Brisbane have won the race for his signature.
While Wests Tigers were also chasing hard, he’s decided to join the Broncos on a two-year-deal.

The 22-year-old made his first grade debut in 2014, spending four years in the Super League across St Helens and Warrington.

Anyone know about this guy? Hopefully he's not a did like Eden

BRONCOS LAND ENGLISH SBW

Will be interesting to see how he goes.

The england version of Sonny Bill Williams = Palmer Wapau wannabe. This has Greg Eden written all over it.

The england version of Sonny Bill Williams = Palmer Wapau wannabe. This has Greg Eden written all over it.

One would be as lucky as to be as talented as the great Palmer Wapau

Have a look at his highlights. Doesn't look a bad prospect. Definitely a lot more sample size than we had with Eden.

Have a look at his highlights. Doesn't look a bad prospect. Definitely a lot more sample size than we had with Eden.

Just watched some highlights, looked ok but lets not get carried away here it's the superleague, I have seen more impressive performances in the intrust cup.

Just watched some highlights, looked ok but lets not get carried away here it's the superleague, I have seen more impressive performances in the intrust cup.

At least he looks to have some potential. Will be interesting to see what Bennett can do with him.

At least he looks to have some potential. Will be interesting to see what Bennett can do with him.

Greg Eden did too, the level of competition can exaggerate how good a player really is.

The more important question is, why have we signed a backrower? We have heaps of them.

Secondly, Glenn has re-signed but no Kahu? Aren't they usually a package deal?

Reading up on Savelio, it sounds like he has a lot of family out this way and supported the Broncos as a kid. As one of the brighter prospects who hasn't quite lived up to his initial hype, I'd imagine he's realistic and signed on as a development player.

I doubt we'll see the best from him until he at least gets a year under his belt.

I also have being researching him. I haven't stop researching either.
He hasn't looked consistently good, he has done well over a short period of time but never established himself
There are rumours of attitude problems.
This was from a castleford tigers forum
He seems to be a young player with potential, but one who thinks he is better than he actually is. He still has lots to work on, particularly in defence. However, he' runs good lines, has good footwork and good hands. His attacking attributes suit our game.
I'd take him, but not on massive money.

Also from the forum
Only if you believe his agent, who likes to give the impression he is one of the most in-demand players in the country,
Several NRL clubs and SL clubs are always after him apparently.
Unfortunately this isn't backed up with reality. The reality is that Saints were happy for him to leave early and join a rival club for nothing. Warrington were only prepared to give him a one-year deal and are they not willing to offer him a new one for next year. He barely played for Saints in 2016 and they were happy to loan him out, and he hasn't been getting in Warrington's team regularly (despite the fact they have been poor and have been without Ben Currie).
He's nowhere near worth the salary he and his agent seem to think he is either.
Having said that, he has potential. Unfortunately he seems to think he is already a top player, when he is far from one.

I dont think Bennett would have broke the bank for someone who couldn't even make the ESL side. He would be on a base wage with incentives if he performs.

Active Now

• Locky field goal
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • Ejbroncos
  • Sproj
  • Fitzy
  • Nerd
  • Broncos Maestro
  • heartly87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • achievedrap
  • Tmac
  • Galah
  • Griffo
  • Big Del
  • johnny plath
  • Strop
  • Wolfie
  • Thelmus
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.