OFFICIAL Andrew McCullough has left the building

Andrew McCullough admits it was all about the money:

“I guess it was a bit of a drawn-out process because it all came down to my decision if I wanted to go or not. I wasn’t getting pushed out or told to leave. Kevvie (Walters) wanted me to stay, so that is what made it so difficult with my head and my heart and what I wanted to do. But I had to put all that aside and think about a bit of security for myself and my partner."

“I had to block everything externally out and just worry about what I had to do for my family. It (joining the Dragons) wasn’t based on anyone else’s decision or circumstances."

“It is a sad one for Cameron and he has done a tremendous job here. You can see how well respected he is. But my decision didn’t have anything to do with that (McInnes) situation.”

“Making that decision makes it a little but easier there. My head and my heart were fighting about leaving my comfort zone, but that comfort zone was made a little bit easier with Hook, Norman, Jack Bird, and a few other guys that I’ve dealt with over the years. Familiar faces when you are going somewhere new helps, so certainly – no regrets. If I hadn’t made the move to Newcastle (on loan) it would have been a bit more daunting. The understanding (with Ben) won’t take long. We know each other’s wants and needs at certain parts of the time and we can have a chat on the run how certain things are going. Having that familiarity will help with Benny, Norman and Hook, who is a straight shooter in terms of my role in the team.”

Ben Hunt said:

“We’ve played well in the past and it was a good combination so hopefully we can get back to that. I think it will evolve over time and take a few matches to get going again, but it is great to have Macca back. We played a few years together at the Broncos and he brings an experienced head to the club. He has played a lot of games and he knows what it takes to win football games and train professionally.”

McHunt

Why do players always say the doing it for family line BS? What's wrong with just saying it was a better offer.

This. 9/10 when you leave a job, it's because of money in some way.

I guess, we have a lot of those fans that would look at him negatively for taking the cash, as they'd prefer he continue to stink it up here.

Meanwhile; the bloke who notoriously folds like a deck chair when put under any sort of pressure has been named captain.

Don’t mind me, just getting comfortable waiting for the inevitable train wreck.

Come to think of it, other fans better not get to enjoy the same lols if Walters names Milford...

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Fozz
  • leon.bott
  • LittleDavey
  • Big Del
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Jazza
  • Xzei
  • BroncosMan
  • MrMoore
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mark H
  • Harry Sack
  • Manofoneway
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Midean
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.