NEWS Another old boy joins the coaching staff

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Matt Gillett joins fellow old boys Petero Civoniceva, Terry Matterson and Peter Ryan as coaching assistants and mentors this season. Like Ryan, Matt will be there on a weekly, rather than daily, basis. Walters said:

“Matt will be part of our team this year. ‘Gillo’ is helping out where he can. He has great experience as a back-rower in defence and attack. We have some young back-rowers coming through that Gillo is mentoring at training. It‘s great for a young guy like Jordan Riki to learn from a bloke like Matt Gillett."

“I’ve also got Gillo helping our young forwards like Brendan Piakura and Keenan Palasia. Matt was a key part of my Queensland Origin teams. At the peak of his powers, he was the best back-rower in the game, so why wouldn’t I use him? There’s not too many better Broncos players than Matt Gillett.”

Matt gillett first dance 800x532

Made in heaven.

Terry Matterson said:

“It’s great to have Matt around the club. You look at Gillo’s resume and it’s pretty impressive. He is a good guy as well and the current Broncos players definitely respect him."

“There are little one-on-one situations at training where Gillo can give advice and it’s important the assistants aren’t giving mixed messages to the head coach. We are trusting Gillo to give the right messages and he is certainly doing that, it’s great to have legends like him around the place who have done the job before in the NRL.”

McHunt

Last edited:
My favourite bronco post Lockyer. His emotional retirement announcement was one of the clubs lowest points.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • jarro65
  • Xzei
  • thenry
  • RolledOates
  • BroncsNBundy
  • NSW stables
  • Fitzy
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Wild Horse
  • broncotville
  • Manofoneway
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Waynesaurus
  • Bish
  • Allo
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.