Anthony Milford and Kodi Nikorima could propel Brisbane to the top

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
KODI Nikorima and Anthony Milford were separated as travelling roommates this year because of their “cheeky” antics.

But Nikorima says that close bond they share off the field is why they have won seven from seven on the field as the Broncos’ halves pairing

The duo extended their winning streak over the weekend, combining with new Brisbane hooker Ben Hunt to notch up a stunning 54-0 victory over the Gold Coast.

Given Milford and Nikorima are the first-choice halves pairing beyond this season, the signs are looking very good for Brisbane’s future.

And Kiwi international Nikorima says the duo work so well together because they have been friends since they were 13-years-old.

“We’re pretty much brothers,” Nikorima said.

“The last two years we were roomies but they had to split us up … I’m not going to let you know what we got up to. But we’re pretty cheeky so they’ve split us up now.

“I’ve known Milf since we were 13 years old and we’ve been playing since then. It’s obviously really fun that we can play together on the big stage.

“It’s something we’ve both really worked hard for and hopefully we can continue that.”

Nikorima has only made one other appearance at halfback this year, pairing with Benji Marshall in Round 16 for a win over the Raiders.

That means he is yet to lose a game in the No. 7 jersey.

He said it helps as well that both him and five-eighth Milford love to take on the line themselves and enjoy the freedom they can attack with under Wayne Bennett and Jason Demeriou.

“(The freedom) is awesome,” he said.

“Wayne’s not really big on structure or planned plays. He tells us to play what’s in front of us and that’s the beauty of this side.

“Me and Milf, we love playing adlib footy. We’re both runners of the ball. That’s one of our strengths and we feed off each other.

“If he sees me running it, he’ll start running it and vice versa.”

The duo are expected to remain as Brisbane’s halves pairing for the rest of the year following the season-ending injury to Andrew McCullough and will look to continue their winning run against the Sharks on Friday.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...e/news-story/0a3ac2973a57f32af93fb85612c482bf

Cheeky pillow fights and late night sleepovers.

I hope they go well for the Broncos this season & I'm coming seasons.

1136.gif

Hunt wasn't allowed into the cheeky club

Unread

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Dash
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Jedhead
  • Lurker
  • Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Gaz
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • sooticus
  • Manofoneway
  • TimWhatley
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Dreaglor
  • theshed
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.