Anthony Milford appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I realize making an appreciation thread for Milford is a little trite, but fair dinkem. This kid is a freak. It is truly astonishing how good he is playing at such a young age. Tonight was probably his best game in our colours, and that try was a pleasure to watch.

As soon as he is off contract again, a lifetime deal has to be in the offing. He is only going to get better and better and for the rest of the comp, that has to be a terrifying thought.

I don't think it was his best game for us, but he did well.

Hopefully he keeps improving and he becomes the player we all know he can be.

Give me a DCE deal and lets make the statue now.

Nah serious. Always was a fan of the idea of him plsying 6 Even when 90% people on here were haters after the 1st month. I said give him at least 20 games. He hasn't even gone to his full potential yet. Imagine how good he will be at 25. SOO is calling his name.

Give him a lifetime deal.

That x-factor type player we kept harping on about for years.. it's nice to finally have one isn't it.

He actually didn't play THAT well last night I don't think, but it was a solid performance, and it's always nice to see him scoring length of the field tries.

He just needs to work on his discipline, last week it was a couple of kicks out on the full, an error and a penalty, this week he kicked it dead when we were in good field position and was very lucky not to give away a couple of penalties in the ruck. If he can get rid of these little things out of his game he'll be a top notch running Five-Eighth.

nfx3w.jpg

Glad he is proving the haters wrong. Give him a 10 year deal!!!

Great performance last night, in attack and also in defense.

Lifetime deal plz

As mentioned before, he offers the X factor but even more he has the making of a genuine superstar of the league. While always hopeful that players will develop, very few have the innate abilities that a superstar has/ born with. I think it's fair to say that Milford has this quality. Without question, he has lived up to and surpassed most expectations to date. Nice to see.

Saw a comment somewhere on facebook.......Anthony Milford is the player we thought Ben Barba was going to be. Might have been the Matty Johns Show page.

A Pacific ocean worth of salt is hemorrhaging out of the Canberra fans over at LU after Milf's incredible performance. It is amazing.

Saw a comment somewhere on facebook.......Anthony Milford is the player we thought Ben Barba was going to be. Might have been the Matty Johns Show page.
That's pretty well spot on, I'm probs in the minority to think he would've been better served at fullback still but I'm digging his go still, with Boyd and Kahu fb is served well anyway.

Given more time he'll be so gun though, his decision making still needs a bit of work and I'd like to see him take a bit more responsibility and kick more but all in all he's coming along well. Pretty happy to have him at 5/8 anyway. Pumped he can nail field goals as well, second for the season I think?

Loved the big **** You field goal at the end of the game, although I would've preferred to go back to LOL@50uff$.

I'm not one for dramatic statements but Milford is probably the greatest 5/8th the club has ever had,

He's certainly the best since Locky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • MasterWright
  • Bucking Beads
  • Ozired
  • winslow_wong
  • Santa
  • Financeguy
  • Spooky1013
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • ezpz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.