Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Milford: Why I Stayed A Bronco for 2021
broncos.com.au
Mon 18 May 2020, 09:32 AM

Form five-eighth Anthony Milford has confirmed he is staying a Bronco in 2021.

“The reason I stayed … I love this club,” said Milford. “If we can keep this current squad together, I believe we can definitely give the comp a good shake and definitely have a red-hot crack at lifting the trophy at the end of the year.

“As a person, I work best when everything is simple. I have a little one due soon and I didn’t want to spend the rest of the year worrying about my future.

“When I try and complicate things, and a lot of stuff is running through my head, I’m not at my best then. My future is not on my mind now.

“It’s been one of my goals since I got to the Broncos (in 2015) to win a premiership. I’ve always wanted to win one for the city and the Broncos fans.

“Being born in Ipswich and raised in Brisbane, it’s all I have wanted to do.”

Milford said the hugely-popular TV documentary on basketball legend Michael Jordan – The Last Dance – was serving as motivation for him as the Broncos return from isolation.

“All the Broncos boys have been watching the Jordan doco. It’s awesome,” Milford told The Sunday Mail.

“We all come in on Tuesday morning and talk about it.

“It’s self-explanatory why he was the best athlete in the world. Watching it, Jordan worked hard and was always so competitive. There’s definitely parts in the documentary that I have taken and want to bring to my game.

“To see the footage of him winning his first title, crying as he held the trophy … that really made a point with me. I still feel I owe the Broncos a lot.”

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/202...O5Ld54VeKS95M0ONbBpGy472RFwPTm1QjUHC7jnlx1_0M

So the Milf and Bird locked in for 2021, that could be our last dance.

Jack Bird is a very expensive crowd attendee, given his years here thus far, he is quite likely to be in the crowd (or watching from home if restrictions are still in place) next year as well. His money would be far better spent on Fifita or any of the other kids we will be fighting very hard to retain.

I know it is just a cliched interview and article but I love a lot of the quotes from Milf in there. Talking about simplifying things and his desire to win one for Brisbane and owing the club. Most times I get the impression that they think it is the other way around. I know they are just words but they are music to my ears.

I know it is just a cliched interview and article but I love a lot of the quotes from Milf in there. Talking about simplifying things and his desire to win one for Brisbane and owing the club. Most times I get the impression that they think it is the other way around. I know they are just words but they are music to my ears.
Yep, gotta say I agree. It's obviously full of cliches but it's still great to hear that he sees things this way.

The proof of that statement will really be in the pudding though if he re-signs a new deal without expecting a huge pay rise from us. Fingers crossed that is the case.

Jack Bird is a very expensive crowd attendee, given his years here thus far, he is quite likely to be in the crowd (or watching from home if restrictions are still in place) next year as well. His money would be far better spent on Fifita or any of the other kids we will be fighting very hard to retain.

Nothing we can do about Bird, he has an option in his favour next year. So next year is his last chance to get through the season injury free.

Milford has done a lot of this talking since 2016 though.

Milford has done a lot of this talking since 2016 though.

He has also been forced to play out of position since then as well, but this has been done to death as you well know so there is no point starting this up again.

He has also been forced to play out of position since then as well, but this has been done to death as you well know so there is no point starting this up again.
Like when he was forced to play fullback?

Lets please not do the whole Milford thing again...

Surely we can all agree, he's a wait and see prospect at best, and with him taking up the option for 2021, we'll at least get to have that time to wait and see.

The people who believe he's not worth the money regardless of his Halves partner and his role are just guessing, because he hasn't had one for so long now to really know for sure.

Similarly, the people who believe he hasn't changed all as a player and the only problem he has is not having a proper Halves partner to fix him are also guessing too, again because it's been too long now to really know for sure.

We've realistically got another 12 months now to see which camp is right, so there is bugger all point debating what to do with him long term until some of that time passes and he gets some football under his belt to make a more educated judgement on.

Last edited:
Lets please not do the whole Milford thing again...

Surely we can all agree, he's a wait and see prospect at best, and with him taking up the option for 2021, we'll at least get to have that time to wait and see.

The people who believe he's not worth the money regardless of his Halves partner and his role are just guessing, because he hasn't had one for so long now to really know for sure.

Similarly, the people who believe he hasn't changed all as a player and the only problem he has is not having a proper Halves partner to fix him are also guessing too, again because it's been too long now to really know for sure.

We've realistically got another 12 months now to see which camp is right, so there is bugger all point debating what to do with him long term until some of that time passes and he gets some football under his belt to make a more educated judgement on.

That's a good point. This was supposed to be the season to see if he was worth keeping on big money, but the bats decided they wanted none of that. So a 1 year extension is perfect for now.

Thanks for staying Milly. You were 50 seconds off GF folklore and a Churchill medal - a bunch of us still remember that your game was on point and would’ve given you easily three years break from a bunch of folk whinging, so rip in for the year ahead!

Milford: Why I Stayed A Bronco for 2021
broncos.com.au
Mon 18 May 2020, 09:32 AM

Form five-eighth Anthony Milford has confirmed he is staying a Bronco in 2021.

“The reason I stayed … I love this club,” said Milford. “If we can keep this current squad together, I believe we can definitely give the comp a good shake and definitely have a red-hot crack at lifting the trophy at the end of the year.

“As a person, I work best when everything is simple. I have a little one due soon and I didn’t want to spend the rest of the year worrying about my future.

“When I try and complicate things, and a lot of stuff is running through my head, I’m not at my best then. My future is not on my mind now.

“It’s been one of my goals since I got to the Broncos (in 2015) to win a premiership. I’ve always wanted to win one for the city and the Broncos fans.

“Being born in Ipswich and raised in Brisbane, it’s all I have wanted to do.”

Milford said the hugely-popular TV documentary on basketball legend Michael Jordan – The Last Dance – was serving as motivation for him as the Broncos return from isolation.

“All the Broncos boys have been watching the Jordan doco. It’s awesome,” Milford told The Sunday Mail.

“We all come in on Tuesday morning and talk about it.

“It’s self-explanatory why he was the best athlete in the world. Watching it, Jordan worked hard and was always so competitive. There’s definitely parts in the documentary that I have taken and want to bring to my game.

“To see the footage of him winning his first title, crying as he held the trophy … that really made a point with me. I still feel I owe the Broncos a lot.”

Source: https://www.broncos.com.au/news/202...O5Ld54VeKS95M0ONbBpGy472RFwPTm1QjUHC7jnlx1_0M
**** it. I quit as a Broncos supporter. I’m going back to being an Eels supporter like I was until the Broncos entered the comp in 1988.
Seriously though, why sign that lazy bastard?

Our Team is being Hustled with these crappy Player Option Contracts.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • kiwi2
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Cavalo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dash
  • Midean
  • Sproj
  • Adammacca
  • BruiserMk1
  • Gaz
  • IceWorks
  • FACTHUNT
  • johnny plath
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.