Anthony Milford Discussion

Yeah i think this is a make or break year for him. He needs to go to another level or he may just plateau. I believe he can but he really needs to put in those extra hard yards.
Shame that this make or break year is the year after we just signed him to the biggest deal in club history

Shame that this make or break year is the year after we just signed him to the biggest deal in club history

Well they have a better sense of what he is capable of than us . Hopefully he pays back the trust the broncos have in him. And like i said he definitely has it in him.

Fat jokes to the side of the plate for a second, it's about time the Broncos play like a team again - Milf has a role to help get the team going, but as a player he also feeds off momentum usually by backing up constantly looking to make breaks/busts. Looking at the players in our team, we should have the best combinations in attack by a mile, and we should never look like we don't know what to do when we are at the oppositions try line, it's embarassing. So with Milford, he will have to do a better job at his part of the responsibility of getting our plays going, and will need the team to do a better job of being organized and knowing what to do so that he can do the other part of his job, which is to score points for us. Big job, big bucks.

No big macs.

Fat jokes to the side of the plate for a second, it's about time the Broncos play like a team again - Milf has a role to help get the team going, but as a player he also feeds off momentum usually by backing up constantly looking to make breaks/busts. Looking at the players in our team, we should have the best combinations in attack by a mile, and we should never look like we don't know what to do when we are at the oppositions try line, it's embarassing. So with Milford, he will have to do a better job at his part of the responsibility of getting our plays going, and will need the team to do a better job of being organized and knowing what to do so that he can do the other part of his job, which is to score points for us. Big job, big bucks.

No big macs.
I agree with this to a point.

I do think it should also be up to the coaching and other backs to formulate set plays. Up to the spine to recognise which ones to try at which points of the game though. They're all equal parts skillful, intelligent and talented athletically to pull it together.

Preseason is the key.

No, not everyone

There is nothing wrong with questioning a blokes fitness, perhaps commenting that 'gee he looks a bit overweight'

But firstly a bit overweight and 'fat' are two completely different things, and society in general seems to have overlooked this

As soon as you're carrying 3 Kgs more than you should you're labelled fat

It's a joke

And secondly, it didn't even stop at "Milford is Fat"

It went on (and on and on) with jokes about KFC buckets (Milf) and pies eating contests (Sam)

It's simply not OK

The fact that fat jokes are supposedly OK when you dare not jest about race or disability or damn near anything else is the biggest joke of all
Mate I agree there is a difference between obesity and being overweight but it is ridiculous to put a lifestyle choice with race and disability. I have no sympathy for it at all. We have no issue telling smokers and drunks their unhealthy and a drain on society but then cry about fat peopls feelings when obesity and everything associated with it are the biggest killers . Diabetes and heart disease just two examples. We shamed smokers so shame the fat pigs i say.Milf in my opinion is fine, but compared to his other professional athlete team mates looks a bit overwieght. It gets played up on here because so many take offence.

Mate I agree there is a difference between obesity and being overweight but it is ridiculous to put a lifestyle choice with race and disability. I have no sympathy for it at all. We have no issue telling smokers and drunks their unhealthy and a drain on society but then cry about fat peopls feelings when obesity and everything associated with it are the biggest killers . Diabetes and heart disease just two examples. We shamed smokers so shame the fat pigs i say.Milf in my opinion is fine, but compared to his other professional athlete team mates looks a bit overwieght. It gets played up on here because so many take offence.

There are people with medical conditions that cause them to be overweight, but to be fair the majority of overweight folks are overweight by choice.

Yeah, MILF looks a bit overweight in comparison to others in the team, and I have no issue with anyone saying it, and questioning if it will effect his form.

It's a fair and reasonable topic.

My issue is with the labelling of him as fat (which might mean something different to me than it does to someone else) and moreso the constant and very 'unfunny' fat jokes

Somebody earlier posted that according to the BMI chart I think it was, Milford is obese

Obese means "severely overweight"

And that just shows that chart is severely broken

Looking forward to the future where you can't make jokes about the length of somebody's hair too.

If only things were so simple...

I am a "fat pig", and I couldn't give a **** what you or most people call me, because they have no clue about the reasons leading to a person's weight issues, including genetic and other biological or psychological conditions. Being ignorant makes it so easy to criticise!

Watched the actual video footage of the raft challenge. Milford is no more pudgier than any other player when in that sitting / rafting / bending awkwardly forwards angle.

All just a beat up

If only things were so simple...

I am a "fat pig", and I couldn't give a **** what you or most people call me, because they have no clue about the reasons leading to a person's weight issues, including genetic and other biological or psychological conditions. Being ignorant makes it so easy to criticise!
I agree to a certain extent, but ultimately it does come down to personal responsibility. Being overweight isn't good for your health, and I think people are trying to obfuscate positive body image with downright unhealthy lifestyles. This is not discounting some of the reasons why people get to this point, but it all boils down to the same reasoning - a lack of care for their physical wellbeing.

Not everyone can or should be a size 6, but people shouldn't be obese either unless there's a medical condition as to why. Use any metric you like, BMI, skinfolds, displacement. (milf is not obese)

There are cases where keeping to a decent weight is more difficult than usual, such as women with PCOS for example. But almost anyone can do it, just depends on the effort you need to put in.

If it's true that he drinks soft drinks too regularly it isnt that difficult to get back on track. I haven't had a soft drink in 25 days and my stomach has flattened out significantly. I haven't even really worked out and I'm looking and feeling much better, so why can't he do it? With all the training he does he would be shredded in two weeks tops. It's just pure laziness that he doesn't look like the other halves in the comp and we should be questioning it.

Watched the actual video footage of the raft challenge. Milford is no more pudgier than any other player when in that sitting / rafting / bending awkwardly forwards angle.

All just a beat up

Of course it is and why wouldn’t they, look at the reaction they got.

If it's true that he drinks soft drinks too regularly it isnt that difficult to get back on track. I haven't had a soft drink in 25 days and my stomach has flattened out significantly. I haven't even really worked out and I'm looking and feeling much better, so why can't he do it? With all the training he does he would be shredded in two weeks tops. It's just pure laziness that he doesn't look like the other halves in the comp and we should be questioning it.

My concerns exactly. He's binging on something and it would have to be a significant amount with all the training he does.

I agree to a certain extent, but ultimately it does come down to personal responsibility. Being overweight isn't good for your health, and I think people are trying to obfuscate positive body image with downright unhealthy lifestyles. This is not discounting some of the reasons why people get to this point, but it all boils down to the same reasoning - a lack of care for their physical wellbeing.

Not everyone can or should be a size 6, but people shouldn't be obese either unless there's a medical condition as to why. Use any metric you like, BMI, skinfolds, displacement. (milf is not obese)
Yes, of course.
I am not pretending people don't carry (most) responsibility for their weight and by proxy, their physical well-being.

It's a very complex issue, more often than not rooted in psychological conditions paired with biological and sometimes physical impairments, the results of which are not as easy to recover from, as many people whom haven't experienced it, understand.

Yes, of course.
I am not pretending people don't carry (most) responsibility for their weight and by proxy, their physical well-being.

It's a very complex issue, more often than not rooted in psychological conditions paired with biological and sometimes physical impairments, the results of which are not as easy to recover from, as many people whom haven't experienced it, understand.

I think we agree in a general sense that, wherein possible, people should strive to be a healthy weight. We can discuss the exceptions to the rule until the universe expires but the exceptions should not be the rule, nor should their be any attempt at correlating that as a normal, healthy existence.

I think we agree in a general sense that, wherein possible, people should strive to be a healthy weight. We can discuss the exceptions to the rule until the universe expires but the exceptions should not be the rule, nor should their be any attempt at correlating that as a normal, healthy existence.
I wasn't trying to do that, only rebut the "fat pig" ignorant comment thrown around, which will definitely not serve any purpose, other than upset the target and possibly give the author the same sense of satisfaction as bullies must feel...

P.S. Most people strive to be a healthy weight. The restrictions attaining it are what I'm talking about, and rarely come down to a simple choice of doing A rather than B.

Active Now

• ostin86
  • pennywisealfie
  • Skyblues87
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Spoon
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.