Should the Broncos re-sign Milf?

• Yes, on the same value

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Yes, but only on far less money

Votes: 35 61.4%
  • No, let him go

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
I'm happy with him taking up the extra year clause. We'll get to see how he performs this year and part of next before preparing an offer.
This was the best case scenario for Brisbane I think. Probably the best case scenario for Milford too. Everyone now gets a little more time to decide what to do next and get a bit more football under the belt to make a case either way.

It's to some extent still a double edged sword for Brisbane though - the better Milford plays alongside Croft and behind our Forward Pack, the more reason there is to re-sign him, but in the same vein it also drives his asking price up as well attracting greater interest from other clubs.

If Milford kills it this year and again into next season (and honestly, I sincerely hope he does) and other clubs are tossing around $1M+ deals for him, and it's going to cost us something not far off that to retain him, then I think the club is going to have a really big call on their hands indeed, especially if we still have Croft in great touch and we also hopefully have Dearden lighting up the Queensland Cup at that point too.

It's all well and good to assume he'll take less money to stay in Brisbane and repay some of the faith we've shown in him, but this next deal will probably be Milford's most important of his career as he should really be at the peak of his powers and really looking for one more big pay day, and if Brisbane cant match the $1M+ deals an in form Milford would probably command, then I think there is a fair chance we won't be able to keep him.

And if Dearden is tearing it up, the Broncs ain’t need to waste that amount of money. Milf can be unstoppable on his day but his day isn’t very often and at his age now, he shouldn’t be considered a risk at that price range, he should pumping out consistent gold, not a mixed bag of rocks.

Dearden is a big factor obviously but Isaako could be too. He's been good in both games this season but two games ago most of us thought fullback was a huge weakness and it still could be. If Dearden is banging the door down and Isaako doesn't look like a long term option then it'd be tempting to chase a star fullback.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Fozz
  • Brocko
  • heartly87
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Big Del
  • GCBRONCO
  • lynx000
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jedhead
  • Santa
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.