Sack Seibold Now!

Just wanted to point out something that seems to be a bit overlooked as so much time has passed - we were getting utterly overwhelmed and blown off the park well before Anthony Seibold came along.

It has arguably been forgotten after the Parramatta fiasco of 2019 but let’s not forget what happened in Wayne Bennett’s last game in charge in 2018 - in a crunch semi final, at our own home ground, with none of the missing personnel issues that plagued our 2019 semi final against Parramatta, or the Roosters game this week.

I’m not mentioning this to excuse Seibold, I’m just pointing out that there appears to be something deep seated within this playing group that causes it to completely go to pieces in the opening moments of games and then get a big score put on them.

Last edited:
I want Seibold to succeed as I quite like the bloke. That said if we keep getting flogged when we are at full strength then pull the trigger. Another point if Bellamy or Arthar or Stuart etc had coached our under strength team these past couple of games there is no way we would have copped these floggings so something is clearly wrong.
Bellamy recruits character first then talent.

If we need a new coach then let him be a premiership winning old school hard head. I'd snap up Flanagan for 2021 if he's eligible. No, I don't care about peds 7 or 8 years ago and in anticipation of the abuse you can shove the drug references up your arses. It wouldn't take long to see the steel in the Broncos with him in charge.

That's the type of coach we need but it wont be Flannagan.
The outcry over Lodge would seem small by comparison to what would come from signing Flanagan

You don’t bring in a disgraced coach into a disgraced organisation, the PR is horrible. Plus I couldn’t support a team who brings in a noted organiser of cheating and someone who couldn’t care lease about rules simply because they are desperate.

I’m not mentioning this to excuse Seibold, I’m just pointing out that there appears to be something deep seated within this playing group that causes it to completely go to pieces in the opening moments of games and then get a big score put on them.
Meanwhile the Storm are champions at winning from behind. They do it week after week.

Speaking of the Storm, they had some 27 year old no name debuting and you couldn’t wipe the smile from his face as he was about to come on. He was a kid living the dream. The Broncs on the other hand take the jersey for granted and why not? The three most experienced blokes are the three worst players. No matter how badly they play (and very badly they do), they are never ever held accountable.

Bennett’s last stint at Brisbane was a confusing mess aside from taking a side he inherited to a GF but seriously, at least he dropped Hunt.

Realistically Siebold will be given the season to produce some results. Losing Turpin was always going to be problematic against the Roosters. Especially with 4 games combined in the 2nd row.
I agree we need more experience, but as said previously it’s our experienced players who are performing the worst. TBH the first 60 mins agains Parra was acceptable and if Milf and Boyd had scored and we had some momentum that’s a different game.
Some serius work needed in defence, ball control and kicking to space or touch needs to be done in the coming weeks.

If we need a new coach then let him be a premiership winning old school hard head. I'd snap up Flanagan for 2021 if he's eligible. No, I don't care about peds 7 or 8 years ago and in anticipation of the abuse you can shove the drug references up your arses. It wouldn't take long to see the steel in the Broncos with him in charge.
With his questionable tactics, this is the sort of steel he’d be trying to implement if he thought he could get away with it...

With his questionable tactics, this is the sort of steel he’d be trying to implement if he thought he could get away with it...
View attachment 8019
Don't care! Winning is what matters and I'd argue the Broncos would be a lot tougher outfit with Flamingun as our coach. I still don't care about a six week course of drugs that happened 7 years ago and made zero difference to performance. His tactics are exactly what I'd like to see the Broncos employ. Down and dirty with a fierce defensive pride. I don't see that here in Brisbane.

Don't care! Winning is what matters and I'd argue the Broncos would be a lot tougher outfit with Flamingun as our coach. I still don't care about a six week course of drugs that happened 7 years ago and made zero difference to performance. His tactics are exactly what I'd like to see the Broncos employ. Down and dirty with a fierce defensive pride. I don't see that here in Brisbane.
Nah, finding a coach that instills the fabric of the Broncos is what's needed. Flanghan cheated and doesn't deserve to return, let alone at our club. We still have standards we need to at least attempt to adhere to.

Nah, finding a coach that instills the fabric of the Broncos is what's needed. Flanghan cheated and doesn't deserve to return, let alone at our club. We still have standards we need to at least attempt to adhere to.
Ha ha ha, really ? Standards!!!! Okay, fair enough.

I don't think Flanagan attempted to cheat. The snake oil salesman with the qualifications hoodwinked two clubs in different sports, he hoodwinked everyone for a while. It was a 6 week course to aid or speed up recovery times or at least that is how it was sold. It certainly wasn't to increase strength or mass like a bodybuilder might do. Anyway, I don't believe Flanagan or Essenden for that matter thought it would build a team of super athletes. I think it was just poorly informed clubs trying to get an edge. Anyway, it's history. Funny thing is I haven't heard anyone on here shrieking outrage about the popular attempts to lure Bellamy, a man who committed a far far greater sin over a far greater time. Odd, hey? Double standards indeed.

Ha ha, I didn't have to look far did I? Only a couple hours ago you were advocating for an approach to Bellamy. The single greatest cheat in rugby league!!!!!

Funny how your bias totally twists your logical centre!!!

Last edited:
The way I see it, you guys put to much emphasis on beating 1 team & ultimately your then spent, both physically and mentally until the next meeting. For us it's mission accomplished [emoji38]

Ha ha, I didn't have to look far did I? Only a couple hours ago you were advocating for an approach to Bellamy. The single greatest cheat in rugby league!!!!!

Funny how your bias totally twists your logical centre!!!
The Bellamy thing I said was a joke because we always go after him and nothing happens. Bellamy is a cheat too and he’s fucked over this club more than most people so **** him too.

What's Tim Sheens doing? Maybe a Brian Smith or Michael Hagan?

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Culhwch
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Thelmus
  • LittleDavey
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • lynx000
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.