Sack Seibold Now!

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Let me be the first to outright demand it.

Here's what I'd be doing today:

1. Sack Seibold. Enough. Do I really need to explain why? I don't have enough time.

Let's start with the strategy of banking everything on Milford playing his natural game that doesn't involve any responsibilty to think ahead. It sounded fucking stupid at the time. It was fucking stupid. It's failed. It's over.

Next, let's look at TPJ. Our best player. If you think otherwise, you're under-rating the former Junior Kangaroo captain. He is better than Tallis at everything Tallis was better than everyone else at. Trouble is, he hasn't been able to stay on the field due to "brain snaps" or whatever. That's the coach's job to sort that shit out. Seibold has failed miserably there. He might even be a captain candidate had a decent coach got into his wiring. He was exactly what we needed last night. Instead, he's close to being wiped out of the game, and will most likely get snapped up by rugby union.

Speaking of discipline, how can we be the only team not to understand the new 6 again rule? That's the coach's fault. Get fucked.

Everyone else feel free to pile on, because this is only scratching the surface.

2. Bring in Kevin Walters on a single season only contract. The fans want it. The old boys want it. Now's the time to do it. The job goes back to the market at the end of the season, with Walters already tested as one of the applicants.

I'm not sure Kevvie is the greatest coach, let alone one who'll turn our team around, but he's available, keen as ****, and would shut everyone up who's been whinging about him being shafted. It would open a bridge to the past, and help reset the rot. He's also known not to take any shit from minor miscreants, including our very own Milford. We could use that now.

Let's be honest, we're back in rebuild again and Seibold is not rebuilding us stronger. Cut our losses.

3. The rest is up to the new coach, but it has to involve flicking Boyd for good, and Milford either to the bench or another club. We're going nowhere with him at 5/8th, regardless of whether he's the best we have to hand.

4. We might've lost in the forwards last night, but we know there's upside there. We have the cattle. They just need finessing. One thing is clear; they're badly coached.

5. The spine and entire backline, on the other hand, is still a mess. Time to give Dearden and Niu some game experience simply because they appear to have upside potential. At least, if we lose it's building the future. Sticking with Milford is paddling up shit creek.

Oh, and Hi Peter Badel, please report this as: "FANS DEMAND SEIBOLD'S IMMEDIATE SACKING"

Last edited:
It's not going to happen. The board are a pack of politicians and if they sack him they admit they made a mistake and cast themselves in a bad light. They won't do it.

Yeah this isn’t going to happen, nice tantrum though.

I know, but it's what has to happen.

Since our record finals drubbing, we've lost three trials to Wynnum Manly Seagulls, Cowboys and Titans; got bundled out of the Nines in the Pool stage (after bragging we were taking it seriously); won two close games; then back to back losses on our home ground, the most recent being another record.

His bench management is absolute dogshit. Playing Haas for 80 is reducing his impact, I don’t give a shit what his stats look like. Our bench management seems to be to keep our starters on until they’re absolutely rooted and then bring on our bench forwards after the tired starters have been getting dominated in the ruck.

His bench management is absolute dogshit. Playing Haas for 80 is reducing his impact, I don’t give a shit what his stats look like. Our bench management seems to be to keep our starters on until they’re absolutely rooted and then bring on our bench forwards after the tired starters have been getting dominated in the ruck.
Haas played 63 minutes last night. I think you'll find the reason he did play 80 in 1 and 2 is because we were missing Lodge and Offa

Giphy 7

Agree with the OP, coach is the issue, I don't think we have a team of q cup players, the issue is they are so poorly coached and have no real idea of what their roles are they just look as much.

Give us a decent coach and you would have the same players putting in much improved efforts. At least Walters would make them understand what it means to play for Brisbane, Seibold never played a meaningful game for us - wasn't good enough as a player, not good enough as a coach.

Siebold needs to drop Boyd and put in a danger centre who will give Oates opporunities.

I'm so conflicted on the guy to be honest.

I think he honestly seems to lay some really well thought out plans and I can understand the method behind a lot of the things he's done and changes he's made. In particular I think he's overseen a really bold overhaul of our playing roster that hardly anyone could argue was not badly needed.

That said, he seems to struggle dreadfully when things don't go to plan, or he gets dealt some bad luck, and oh boy, has been dealt some pretty shitty luck in the last two seasons. Injuries in particular have put huge dents in our campaign in 2019 and are doing it again in 2020 as we speak. I don't think they deserve all the blame, but there can be no doubt they've made his job immeasurably more difficult.

And that right there is my main concern for him, he just seems to handle adversity quite poorly, and he seems to be unable to respond with a Plan B when Plan A is taken off the table.

Unfortunately, that's a huge part of life in the NRL and there is no escaping it. I have no doubt as a relative Rookie Coach he is working on stuff like this, but it does remain to be seen if he can improve to the level required. That's the problem with Rookie Coaches, you're always guessing if they'll continue to go up a level.

Mostly though, I'm angry at the Club Management. They handled the removal of Bennett abysmally. It caused a great deal of hurt, and the man they did it all for (Bellamy) never signed for us anyway. Seibold deep down knows he was never option 1 and I think that is a heavy burden to have to carry.

None of us will ever know what unfolded back in 2018 and why we missed Bellamy, and not for the first the first time either mind you, but I think that was a crucial fork in the road for the club's future and the guys in charge absolutely bottled it. We can say Boyd has bottled it at times, we can say Seibold has bottled it at times, but when it comes to making the biggest balls up of the lot, I think the buck really does have to stop with the Senior Management of the club who failed to take advantage of the biggest asset we have (cash) to buy the very best Coach money could buy.

Last edited:
I want Seibold to succeed as I quite like the bloke. That said if we keep getting flogged when we are at full strength then pull the trigger. Another point if Bellamy or Arthar or Stuart etc had coached our under strength team these past couple of games there is no way we would have copped these floggings so something is clearly wrong.

I'm so conflicted on the guy to be honest.

I think he honestly seems to lay some really well thought out plans and I can understand the method behind a lot of the things he's done and changes he's made. In particular I think he's overseen a really bold overhaul of our playing roster that hardly anyone could argue was not badly needed.

That said, he seems to struggle dreadfully when things don't go to plan, or he gets dealt some bad luck, and oh boy, has been dealt some pretty shitty luck in the last two seasons. Injuries in particular have put huge dents in our campaign in 2019 and are doing it again in 2020 as we speak. I don't think they deserve all the blame, but there can be no doubt they've made his job immeasurably more difficult.

And that right there is my main concern for him, he just seems to handle adversity quite poorly, and he seems to be unable to respond with a Plan B when Plan A is taken off the table.

Unfortunately, that's a huge part of life in the NRL and there is no escaping it. I have no doubt as a relative Rookie Coach he is working on stuff like this, but it does remain to be seen if he can improve to the level required. That's the problem with Rookie Coaches, you're always guessing if they'll continue to go up a level.

Mostly though, I'm angry at the Club Management. They handled the removal of Bennett abysmally. It caused a great deal of hurt, and the man they did it all for (Bellamy) never signed for us anyway. Seibold deep down knows he was never option 1 and I think that is a heavy burden to have to carry.

None of us will ever know what unfolded back in 2018 and why we missed Bellamy, and not for the first the first time either mind you, but I think that was a crucial fork in the road for the club's future and the guys in charge absolutely bottled it. We can say Boyd has bottled it at times, we can say Seibold has bottled it at times, but when it comes to making the biggest balls up of the lot, I think the buck really does have to stop with the Senior Management of the club who failed to take advantage of the biggest asset we have (cash) to buy the very best Coach money could buy.

I 100% agree with everything you said, fans here demand a old boy coach and it wont change anything in the long term, it’s the club’s senior management who should be held accountable for but they tend to seek the easy scapegoat.

Jumping to a decision based purely on anger is silly enough

My problem with Seibold is that it seems like he has lost the dressing room. He can be the best coach strategically and tactically, but if he can't inspire his players, then his technical skills are useless.

I hope I am wrong but the last 2 weeks seem to show that which is a fucking tragedy for us.

The only thing which puzzles me is why we went so well, relatively speaking, in the 1st 2 rounds. I just can't attribute the hopeless performances of the last 2 weeks to the loss of TPJ, Fifita Glenn and Staggs because the whole team sucked in every aspect of the game

?

Last edited:
Mostly though, I'm angry at the Club Management.
Jumping to a decision based purely on anger is silly enough

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm not angry. I'm being clinical here. Seibold is not working out the way he was sold to us. We can see that already. We might as well cut the ties now rather than put up with him teaching these young dogs bad tricks, and making us endure the old dogs not giving a shit.

It's not that we lost last night - that wasn't a massive surprise - it was how easy it was and how utterly outclassed we looked. Had we lost by 20, we might be able to scapegoat a couple of players and hope shifting them around might sort things out, but this was a cut and dried coaching failure. And it's getting worse.

Last edited:
My problem with Seibold is that it seems like he has lost the dressing room. He can be the best coach strategically and tactically, but if he can't inspire his players, then his technical skills are useless.

I hope I am wrong but the last 2 weeks seem to show that which is a fucking tragedy for us.

The only thing which puzzles me is why we went so well, relatively speaking, in the 1st 2 rounds. I just can't attribute the hopeless performances of the last 2 weeks to the loss of TPJ, Fifita Glenn and Staggs because the whole team sucked in every aspect of the game

?
I think BP has nailed it here:

Even before Turpin was ruled out, I said it was going to get worse before it gets better and sadly the Broncos proved me right.

The Roosters are a quality side that have maintained the same core structures for seven years with quality recruits filling those roles all the time. Tonight was really no different and even with a full strength side it would have been a big ask.

The Broncos were awful, I'm not skirting around that, but these new rules have excacerbated things and made things appear far worse than what they are. Two back to back six again tries and the night was over. Roosters smelt blood in the water and just kept playing while the Broncos just couldn't wait to get off the field. Without the fans there to lift them, without that atmosphere and with everything going against you against a better outfit, it just piles up. Suddenly all the penalties are going against them, they hardly got any relief penalties until it was too late in the half to really do anything with it, and the refs can't even make up their minds on obstructions.

I said last week it was a young team and I stand by that. These players who are going to make up the nucleus of this team like Dearden, Paix, Niu, Coates, Bullemor, Haas, Fifita, Carrigan, Flegler etc. are all young players and we saw tonight why you can't carry too many of them because they're too raw.

Certainly a horrific night for the club, but I feel a lot of this has been exacerbated by a bad draw, bad injury toll, an interrupted season, new rule interpretations that make games far too one-sided and honestly some tough calls.

To me, his conclusion is spot on, although I do think there is also too much arrogance and complacency in the club's youth at the moment, which is due to the media hyping them on one side, and on the other, lack of leadership to get these kids' heads straight and tone that hype down. That part is indeed squarely on Seibold.
He can't coddle them and more importantly, as soon as he has the troops available, be ruthless with the guys that are supposed to be an example to follow, like Boyd and Oates to start with, but also Milford, although I think he's very much a victim of the circumstances too.

Last edited:
I think BP has nailed it here:

To me, his conclusion is spot on, although I do think there is also too much arrogance and complacency in the club's youth at the moment, which is due to the media hyping them on one side, and on the other, lack of leadership to get these kids' heads straight and tone that hype down. That part is indeed squarely on Seibold.
He can't coddle them and more importantly, as soon as he has the troops available, be ruthless with the guys that are supposed to be an example to follow, like Boyd and Oates to start with, but also Milford, although I think he's very much a victim of the circumstances too.

It’s incredible the youth are still arrogant and complacent after the eels beat the piss out of them in the finals last year. So maybe they got their mojo back in the pre-season but surely now after a second serving of whoop ass from the eels and now the roosters, these arrogant youths should be sucking up that humble pie. If not then damn, we got problems.

Does Seibold coach our halves into knowing how to rest the forwards, all the kicks go to the Middle of the field rather then to the sideline for a scrum to rest the big boys.

Plus Having our two worst tacklers next to each other on the defensive line is beyond stupid, other teams can play us like a fiddle.

I think the biggest single thing Seibs can do now is toss the 'stats' talk and 'meeting targets' crap to the side and just get this team back to place where they are enjoying playing the game. If that means canning the structure and throwing it around a bit then do it.

You can't force enthusiasm. This team looks and plays like they don't want to be there, the players looks shackled.................. and it was the same as last year........so predictable.

Maybe Seibs needs to consider that his preferred style of play, this very regimented and structured 'Storm' style just doesn't suit this team............. and maybe never will.

Its time to try something different......in attack........and defense.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Porthoz
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.