Sack Seibold Now!

Yes and no. 2015 was a few long years ago, we really didn't have the same squad anyway. The Cows have probably(?) kept more of their premiership winning squad from that same year and look how that's worked out for them since? IMO Seibs has done what most on this forum have been calling for since 2016-7. It's just happened to coincide with the most fucked up year of rugby league since Super League, a fuckton of injuries, and ridiculous suspensions.

This. These are changes that needed to happen is what people wanted, they just can’t hack the temporary pain. If we didn’t make these changes we would be the Cowboys, stuck with old has beena while our young stars and ripping it up elsewhere. If we did that the same people would be complaining saying we should have let the old guys go to keep the TPJ’s, Nui, Coates, Fifita’s etc.

If Bennett got the extra year he was chasing we’d be pushing for a premiership this year. Instead we’re going into a game against the titans unsure of whether we’ll win or not.

If Bennett got the extra year he was chasing we’d be pushing for a premiership this year. Instead we’re going into a game against the titans unsure of whether we’ll win or not.

Based on what exactly?

The thing is he wasn’t making just himself look good. There would be **** all ‘highlights’ during that run of games but he was steering the team around and we were beating the likes of the Rabbitohs, Roosters and Sharks who were all top 4 iirc. We lost games to the weaker sides though which happened all season.
My point was solo awards don’t mean anything. If you’re a half on a million dollars you need to do more. And using his POTY award to judge his year is crap because he shouldn’t have actually won it.

How much do you reckon this coach is right now. He would know how important today’s game is for his future.

Last edited:
My point was solo awards don’t mean anything. If you’re a half on a million dollars you need to do more. And using his POTY award to judge his year is crap because he shouldn’t have actually won it.

he was our best player for the back half of the season, it’s not even debatable. Took him a while to warm up but he was very good in the back end.

Milford finished 2018 playing with a busted pec for the final 2 months. Of our ten last regular season games we won 7, and he was the man of the match in 7. Regardless of whether other players got more buzz here, which I'm not possessed of either the time or inclination to check, he played well in 2018.

Get your hand off it deadset

Whilst I’m leaning your way in regards to Seibold in this current point of time, the above statement is an absolute cop out of I’ve ever seen one.

Let’s take Wayne out of this argument for a second just so that any coaching bias doesn’t sway the facts, Boyd was already regressing in 2018 and it started when he pulled his hamstring chasing a ball in the 2017 final against the Cowboys so his dip in confidence was never a coaching issue. In 2019, We wouldn’t have had a fit and healthy Gillett who would have been an absolute must to have on the field if we were even thinking about making a dent in the finals but he was never the same after his neck injury in 2018. Yet again that wasn’t an issue caused by coaching. Throw in our marquee signing in Bird sitting on the sidelines as well due to injury, can you please explain how we could have won a comp under Wayne in 2019?

With our best defensive player out and Boyd not the player he use to be, not even prime Craig fucking Bellamy could coach a team to a premiership with a fullback devoid of confidence and struggling to warrant a spot in the team, their highest paid forward on the sidelines, marquee backline player on the sidelines and an aging Andrew McCullough at 9.

I was starting to think your agenda against Seibold was justified and not agenda driven but then you have gone out and proved yet again you are just a Wayne puppet who believes he can do no wrong. I love Wayne and he still is my favourite coach of all time and always probably will be, and I too believe we would have done a bit better with him at the helm last season then Seibold, but you are off your head if you think we were going to win the comp in 2019 under him. There is no valid points that could even back your argument whatsoever. Unless you believe that all these season or career ending injuries would have miraculously not happened under his watch.

Please tell me again about Wayne wining us a premiership again in 2019 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Last edited:
Get your hand off it deadset

Whilst I’m leaning your way in regards to Seibold in this current point of time, the above statement is an absolute cop out of I’ve ever seen one.

Let’s take Wayne out of this argument for a second just so that any coaching bias doesn’t sway the facts, Boyd was already regressing in 2018 and it started when he pulled his hamstring chasing a ball in the 2017 final against the Cowboys so his dip in confidence was never a coaching issue. In 2019, We wouldn’t have had a fit and healthy Gillett who would have been an absolute must to have on the field if we were even thinking about making a dent in the finals but he was never the same after his neck injury in 2018. Yet again that wasn’t an issue caused by coaching. Throw in our marquee signing in Bird sitting on the sidelines as well due to injury, can you please explain how we could have won a comp under Wayne in 2019?

With our best defensive player out and Boyd not the player he use to be, not even prime Craig fucking Bellamy could coach a team to a premiership with a fullback devoid of confidence and struggling to warrant a spot in the team, their highest paid forward on the sidelines, marquee backline player on the sidelines and an aging Andrew McCullough at 9.

Please tell me again about Wayne wining us a premiership again in 2019 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

that was a lot of words.

I said 2020 for the premiership push tho 👍🏽
[automerge]1593242004[/automerge]
You have got to be kidding.....
I’m not.

there’s a reason a lot of media pundits had us winning it last year at the start of the season

Last edited:
that was a lot of words.

I said 2020 for the premiership push tho [emoji1417]
[automerge]1593242004[/automerge]

I’m not.

there’s a reason a lot of media pundits had us winning it last year at the start of the season

If you truly believe that, what spine did you think Wayne would have had at his disposal for a push for a title in 2020?

Because I can tell you right now a Boyd, Milford, Nikorima and Macca spine would not have come within cooee

Last edited:
Because if we were going to be a legit chance of a 2020 comp no matter who the coach was, for a start we would have needed to find an actual fullback, we would have needed a fit Bird and we would have needed a smarter 9. Probably also needed someone on the forwards with the defensive starch and workload to replace Gillett than I would have agreed with you.

We would be doing better because they wouldnt have pissed off the playing group transitioning from Wayne as head coach. I've been saying it for over a year, Seibold would have stood a better chance here coming in a year later.

Alternatively, the rot could have set in sooner, Bennett could have received the sack mid-season and players would be more inclined to stick by him.

It's a nice thought, but it's fairly pointless.

Anyway over to the game thread

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Shane Tronc
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • pennywisealfie
  • ostin86
  • kman
  • RodF
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Allo
  • Xzei
  • Robboi_321
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • BroncosAlways
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.