Sack Seibold Now!

Oh come on Seibold stop with same old dribble, same shit different week. Seibold claiming he didn't know the players were being booed off the field and thought it was the refs.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Seibold.png
    Seibold.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 122
I think it needs to be Kevvie just to rebuild a bit of the culture. These players seem broken and need to enjoy football again. I think Kevvie can do that.
They don't know what they're doing on the field so I don't think it will matter who comes in

Whilst I don't think I'm entirely with you in saying this isn't Seibold's squad yet, I do to an extent agree that he's been very unlucky with injuries. He's also definitely been hamstrung by some pretty awful contracts handed out to our highest paid players that were in place long before he got here and unfortunately won't be going away until probably after 2021 at the earliest.

Brodie Croft at the 11th hour in a plea deal with Melbourne was hardly a marquee signing, so it remains to really be seen what he could do with some funds freed up and the ability to properly go to market - and there is a LOT of money freed up for whoever is Coachign us after 2021. I'd say the Broncos job will be a pretty good place to be for whoever is the Coach at that point.

The point about Bennett is spot on though. The club was thrashed by the Dragons in the finals in 2018 and thrashed by Melbourne in the finals in 2017, Seibold was just the third instalment in that sorry act in 2019. The club was treading water with Bennett and by and large it hard stopped going forward.

That doesn't mean I think Seibold is the answer and I accept that we're churning up worse results more often now than we did under Bennett, but I still maintain we made the right call to move on at the time, we just missed the point of it all in not replacing him with the best in the business in Bellamy.
We had a crack at Bellyache. Would have loved that to eventuate.

I thinks siebs has something to offer, as the game changes more and more, I think the old heads will be found out.

I like the idea of an educator there as the team is so young.

Time will tell.

Seibold really needs to get in line if he wants to join the queue of people taking the blame for Milford failing to do his job week in and week out for about the last 2 years now.
Just trying to protect his players.

Hopefully behind closed doors he has given them an almighty spray.

What I don't understand is that under Seibold a lot of Souths attack was based around the work of their edge forwards. They would usually hit Crichton or Sutton and that would give them an option of playing down short-sides, or going back through the middle and getting a quick play the ball to play off of.

At the Broncos, EVERYTHING is through the middle. Just when you think they're about to go wide, the half will pass it back inside or take a run through the middle.

The problem is that Seibs has assessed the squad and determined their DNA is to play through Payne Haas. Haas is a great player, but even the greatest middle forward, Jason Taumalolo can't carry his team into the Top 8. They need to get over that middle and they need to trust Alex Glenn more to take some rucks up that left edge.

4 runs from the captain is entirely unacceptable. This was even worse than the type of output Thaiday would put out and would get criticised over. Glenn has to triple that, under this system.

It's where the Broncos really miss having Fifita because they'd have no excuse for not giving him enough quality ball. The loss of Turpin and Staggs has also really hurt the team, they've been among the Broncos best in recent times.

Seibs needs to get them back doing the basics. Working on their defensive technique and how to effectively get numbers in the tackle and shut down offloads. He also has to bring his left-side into the game, again, just pretend Alex Glenn is Dave Fifita and work over that edge. It should at least give the team a different point of attack.

They just need to make slight adjustments and they need their senior players to step up. I'd be working over-time with Croft, Milford, Glenn, Pangai Jr, Lodge, Carrigan, Haas etc. to get this right.

What I don't understand is that under Seibold a lot of Souths attack was based around the work of their edge forwards. They would usually hit Crichton or Sutton and that would give them an option of playing down short-sides, or going back through the middle and getting a quick play the ball to play off of.

At the Broncos, EVERYTHING is through the middle. Just when you think they're about to go wide, the half will pass it back inside or take a run through the middle.

The problem is that Seibs has assessed the squad and determined their DNA is to play through Payne Haas. Haas is a great player, but even the greatest middle forward, Jason Taumalolo can't carry his team into the Top 8. They need to get over that middle and they need to trust Alex Glenn more to take some rucks up that left edge.

4 runs from the captain is entirely unacceptable. This was even worse than the type of output Thaiday would put out and would get criticised over. Glenn has to triple that, under this system.

It's where the Broncos really miss having Fifita because they'd have no excuse for not giving him enough quality ball. The loss of Turpin and Staggs has also really hurt the team, they've been among the Broncos best in recent times.

Seibs needs to get them back doing the basics. Working on their defensive technique and how to effectively get numbers in the tackle and shut down offloads. He also has to bring his left-side into the game, again, just pretend Alex Glenn is Dave Fifita and work over that edge. It should at least give the team a different point of attack.

They just need to make slight adjustments and they need their senior players to step up. I'd be working over-time with Croft, Milford, Glenn, Pangai Jr, Lodge, Carrigan, Haas etc. to get this right.

Says it all. Seibold persists with this dead play despite the results of edge plays being so bleeding obvious.

We saw what we can do with the edge play at the start of the Titans game where a try was bombed by Niu's inexperience - he throws the dummy and scores - that play with Luke - Croft - TPJ - Niu through the hole thanks to the TPJ offload with Herbie and Coates in support. It was beautiful to watch. The dopamine was flowing. But that was about it. Didn't happen much after that.

Time for Luke to start organizing those plays on BOTH sides, as you say, with Glenn on the other side

In fact, time for Luke to start organising the middle period. In fact, I do wonder of Seibs has those plays in the repertoire only the failure of an organiser in the middle ses us revert to the middle because it is easy when nobody bothers to call the plays.

Last edited:

A lot of good thoughts here mate. We tend to forget what we have out with injury. Luck has not been on our side this year and I think the media have jumped on the blood in the water trying to pull Fifi and others out of our side.

Seibs must get the boys playing better. Nobody should be shirking responsibility here. Glenn should be demanding the ball and Milf should be getting it to him. They just need to go back to basic support footy.

What makes it more baffling is that our two biggest weapons are the two edge forwards in Fifi and TPJ.

To me they should be setting up to sweep to one side and hit Fifi or TPJ... have them focussing on a quick play the ball and sweep back to the other second rower.

A long sweeping play from one sideline to the other and looking to get the big physical and skillful second rowers isolated on the opposition half should lead to half breaks if not full breaks, offloads and quick ptb's.

Eventually the opposition will load up on the second rowers, but over compensating would leave the sweep open with attack like Staggs and Coates ready for the overlaps

A lot of good thoughts here mate. We tend to forget what we have out with injury. Luck has not been on our side this year and I think the media have jumped on the blood in the water trying to pull Fifi and others out of our side.

Seibs must get the boys playing better. Nobody should be shirking responsibility here. Glenn should be demanding the ball and Milf should be getting it to him. They just need to go back to basic support footy.

And before that, someone has to call the plays. It's been our problem for years. The dummy half shovels the ball to the nearest forward one or two out and they take up a hit up, fall over and it stops there.

This time we have a quality dummy half and it's up to Seibs to get him, Croft and Milford together to create the connections, with Niu following as he did in the excellent play I referred to v Titans. Niu has the instincts, as did Slater and as does Tedesco, constantly hanging out the back waiting for the pass or offload. I actually think Niu has the making s of a great full back. He has the footy smarts, just needs the polish which comes with experience.

We have everything we need except the organisation to make it happen

Last edited:

I don't put the hitup numbers for Glenn down to him not being ready to do the work. He really put in and I think was trying hard to direct things and finding it as difficult as did Boyd in the same role.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • lynx000
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • BroncosAlways
  • thenry
  • Lozza
  • Allo
  • Broncorob
  • john1420
  • Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • broncos4life
  • Aldo
  • theshed
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.