Sack Seibold Now!

Should just get Luke to run the forwards at training. Just tell Seibold to stay in his office till 2 minutes past 6. Send Glenn for a massage and get all his gorillas together and explain exactly what he wants. Then on game day tell Glenn to look after the halves and just be ready to hit it up when told and don't worry about anything else. He can play captain but get Luke running the metreage game.

He really put in and I think was trying hard to direct things...

What gave you that impression? I saw little from Glenn to suggest this, I saw some defensive efforts but even then it was hardly inspiring.

It's unacceptable and it needs to be addressed if the Broncos are going to achieve any success under Seibs.

You've got to remember that was an 11 tackle set from a very cheap set restart, I don't think they exactly 'earned' that play.

Maybe so but the fact remains it was a shape, it used TPJ, it was affective ... oops ... effective lest I am attacked by the BHQ grammar police

Last edited:
Maybe so but the fact remains it was a shape, it used TPJ, it was affective ... oops ... effective lest I am attacked by the BHQ grammar police

It wasn't the only shape they ran at the Titans either, the difference in that example though was the fatigure of having an extended set. I still don't think they set it up properly.

It wasn't the only shape they ran at the Titans either, the difference in that example though was the fatigure of having an extended set. I still don't think they set it up properly.

It's a start Pete. It shows what we can do

Yeah I reckon that if the players are serious, pretend to listen to the coach and then go out and do the opposite. They know how to play league and they know this idiot’s ideas are just kind-numbingly ineffective. So find a way to get him off the training paddock and then go to work. They’ve received a lot of bad coaching the last 3-4 years, time to rid themselves of it and go back to basics.

What I don't understand is that under Seibold a lot of Souths attack was based around the work of their edge forwards. They would usually hit Crichton or Sutton and that would give them an option of playing down short-sides, or going back through the middle and getting a quick play the ball to play off of.

At the Broncos, EVERYTHING is through the middle. Just when you think they're about to go wide, the half will pass it back inside or take a run through the middle.

The problem is that Seibs has assessed the squad and determined their DNA is to play through Payne Haas. Haas is a great player, but even the greatest middle forward, Jason Taumalolo can't carry his team into the Top 8. They need to get over that middle and they need to trust Alex Glenn more to take some rucks up that left edge.

4 runs from the captain is entirely unacceptable. This was even worse than the type of output Thaiday would put out and would get criticised over. Glenn has to triple that, under this system.

It's where the Broncos really miss having Fifita because they'd have no excuse for not giving him enough quality ball. The loss of Turpin and Staggs has also really hurt the team, they've been among the Broncos best in recent times.

Seibs needs to get them back doing the basics. Working on their defensive technique and how to effectively get numbers in the tackle and shut down offloads. He also has to bring his left-side into the game, again, just pretend Alex Glenn is Dave Fifita and work over that edge. It should at least give the team a different point of attack.

They just need to make slight adjustments and they need their senior players to step up. I'd be working over-time with Croft, Milford, Glenn, Pangai Jr, Lodge, Carrigan, Haas etc. to get this right.

Just another example from Rd 1 of our edge play with TPJ, what we CAN do but for some reason have stopped:

Screen Shot 2020 07 02 at 73219 am

And the shit continues.

*Dobbo warning*
He reckons Karl Morris is having high level discussions with News Corp in the background.
Reckons something will happen this week, but again, Dobbo warning..

*Dobbo warning*
He reckons Karl Morris is having high level discussions with News Corp in the background.
Reckons something will happen this week, but again, Dobbo warning..
Holy something, Batman!

Can someone clarify?
If we sack Seibold and his assistants, will their future salaries still contribute towards the coaching staff's salary cap (aroun $6 million I believe)?

Can someone clarify?
If we sack Seibold and his assistants, will their future salaries still contribute towards the coaching staff's salary cap (aroun $6 million I believe)?
Probably, although I wonder if the business wankers that infest the club could find a way to restructure and get out of it.

Just read an article with Darren Lockyer defending Seibold, Milford and Croft, saying it wasn't their fault the team is performing the way they are.

I hate to say it, as he is one of my favorite players of all time, but Locky needs to be removed from the board, and his involvement with the team needs to be purely from a footy playing position.

Just read an article with Darren Lockyer defending Seibold, Milford and Croft, saying it wasn't their fault the team is performing the way they are.

I hate to say it, as he is one of my favorite players of all time, but Locky needs to be removed from the board, and his involvement with the team needs to be purely from a footy playing position.

He’s right to some extent. It isn’t their fault. Their level of incompetence is no longer a shock to anyone. It’s the fault of the guys who wrote their underserving contracts. That is the CEO and the boards faults - as a board member, the position the club is in is as much Lockyers fault as it is Seibold’s, Boyd’s, or Milford’s.

Last edited:
He’s right to some extent. It isn’t their fault. Their level of incompetence is no longer a shock to anyone. It’s the fault of the guys who wrote their underserving contracts. That is the CEO and the boards faults - as a board member, the position the club is in is as much Lockyers fault as it is Seibold’s, Boyd’s, or Milford’s.
Agreed, however the article came off as him absolving them of any responsibility for what is going on.
It was hard to read as it means he is either completely blind to the issues or he is covering up the fact that him and the board are responsible for the three people he was defending. In either case, its not good.
The more i read about the Broncos and the general attitude around the club through all levels, the more i feel like the place has some deep rooted issues.

Milford basically said it after the game - he said the tigers halves had a good platform on the back of the forwards. He said they were getting them 80 metres every set and broncos couldn't get out of the 20. He is right but he is also part of the reason every team makes 80m each set - his def is terrible like Croft and every other player.

Croft in my mind as the halfback has been worse but ultimately I don't know what the exact roles are for each player.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.