NEWS Anthony Seibold insists Darius Boyd will not be forced into an early retirement

Does anybody care about the fact that Darius without question is the worst 5/8 in the NRL? If he plays fullback, then he is the worst 1 in the NRL? I like Seibold but FMD if a player fails to perform then you have to drop him. Part of being a coach is doing what is best for the side and that includes making the tough calls.

Does anybody care about the fact that Darius without question is the worst 5/8 in the NRL? If he plays fullback, then he is the worst 1 in the NRL? I like Seibold but FMD if a player fails to perform then you have to drop him. Part of being a coach is doing what is best for the side and that includes making the tough calls.

...i feel your pain, and we will never know what Broncs would have done had Boyd been dropped cause Brisbane have a winning record since the switch....and this is a results business...

Maybe the talk post season is like "Well Darius, we will leave it totally in your hands if you want to bow out now, otherwise....next year its totally in the hands of your coach.."

I believe that's fair enough deal too...

I think Seibs said the reason he hasn't been dropped. He has been great for him and all the young blokes. Maybe Boyd is a good leader behind the scenes. Is a professional and honourable bloke who owns his current form in private with his teammates and coach. Maybe the boys love him and want him to be at his best again.

While we all bag the bloke from the outside we have zero idea of what goes on behind closed doors. He could be the thing that has held the team together post Wayne. Boyd can have his chance next year. The club and him will have 14 games to find out if he still has it.

I would rather a senior player like Boyd then slippery ***** like Pearce, Ponga and Klemmer who would rather try and get their coached sacked then own their shit performances. I don't care about what Boyd says in the media as long as him and the coach are honest in private.

This is a excellent post...i should know cause i didn't write it...

The post Bennett hangover angle for me is huge; maybe Darius behind the scenes helped facilitate Siebs transition. Everyone at the club knew the bond between WB and him, Darius backing the new coach behind the scenes is something we may never be privy too but would have been a huge endorsement for the younger guys to hear...
[automerge]1567133515[/automerge]
Asiata? Struggling to think of any others though TBF.

Macca...?????

Ill get my coat on the way out......

Last edited:
It's not Boyds fault he keeps getting picked, and it's not Boyds fault the club decided to pay him big money. The way some of you carry on its like Darius is forcing people to pick him.

He is...by simply remaining in the running.

Unread

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.