Anthony Seibold - NRL Video Analysis

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Has anyone seen the analysis by seibold on the nrl.com website? He actually did a pretty good job.
Given the performances south’s had, and the continued shit form we have had, I’m starting to think he wasn’t as god awful as we thought, and it’s more that our players are incapable of comprehending what defence is.
It’s evident that seibold knows what the players should be doing, and what makes a good player and I think it’s simply that our players didn’t do these things...

He’s very brutal against Isaako, and he has a point.

Yes I reckon he does. I found it useful. Referred to it earlier in the Bulldogs match thread. I reckon Isaako deserves a lot of criticism for not doing enough at the back. I just don't think he's a natural FB, more wing or maybe centre.

For mine our 2 most important needs are a leader in the middle and a quality FB

As for Seibold, I don't give a **** that he failed as our coach last year. He couldn't communicate, he lacked empathy and he was arrogant. That's now history. Now, if what he says makes sense then It's useful. If anyone has an issue with the accuracy of his analysis, then great, let's hear it.

Last edited:
I actually agree that perhaps Seibs isn't a terrible coach, but too green to be head coach and most of our team are dumb. Who was it that pointed out that last week the game plan was to run at Taylor and Fifi all night, yet we barely did it ONCE? Assuming that's correct, how on earth would the team cope with anything more complicated if they can't even get that right?? I think Seibs was trying to do too much, too fast, and simply overwhelmed the players. Ifeel things would have turned out differently if he had a few Cameron Smiths, Cooper Cronks or Billy Slaters in the team.

Honestly, at the moment, our team literally has to just go back to the basics. Hold the ball. Control the ball. Wrap up your man in defence.

Last edited:
i dont think any one can argue his tactical nouse.

but it takes more then that to be a head nrl coach.

he lacks the understanding that hes dealing with humans not robots.

there is a reason wayne bennett is regarded as one of the best coaches of all time and you can argue he knows or drills next to any crazy tactics into his side. from what i understand he leaves that side more to his assistants

i dont think seibold will ever succeeed long term as a head coach but he would be perfect as an assistant coach

Last edited:
I actually agree that perhaps Seibs isn't a terrible coach, but too green to be head coach and most of our team are dumb. Who was it that pointed out that last week the game plan was to run at Taylor and Fifi all night, yet we barely did it ONCE? Assuming that's correct, how on earth would the team cope with anything more complicated if they can't even get that right?? I think Seibs was trying to do too much, too fast, and simply overwhelmed the players. Ifeel things would have turned out differently if he had a few Cameron Smiths, Cooper Cronks or Billy Slaters in the team.

Honestly, at the moment, our team literally has to just go back to the basics. Hold the ball. Control the ball. Wrap up your man in defence.

... and have someone to organise goal line defence

And to each their own opinion!
We had to pay the MASSIVE FUCKWIT a million dollars to get him off the premises. In return he gave us our first wooden spoon and a team with PTSD.

Last edited:
We had to pay the MASSIVE FUCKWIT a million dollars to get him off the premises. In return he gave us our first wooden spoon and a team with PTSD.

The payout has to **** all to do with his coaching and everything to do with the incompetence of the board. I suggest you channel your anger in that direction, cos as far as I can tell, they're all still fucking sitting there (except White).

As to the second part, sure, he was a key component of that. As were the players, the board, the recruitment and retention team, the other club staff, our injuries, the salary cap, the NRL itself......everyone involved in the shit show of sacking Wayne, bringing him to the club on big $$$. He absolutely had to go because his position was completely untenable. There were also a hell of a lot more moving parts to the wooden spoon equation than just Seibold.

The payout has to **** all to do with his coaching and everything to do with the incompetence of the board. I suggest you channel your anger in that direction, cos as far as I can tell, they're all still fucking sitting there (except White).

As to the second part, sure, he was a key component of that. As were the players, the board, the recruitment and retention team, the other club staff, our injuries, the salary cap, the NRL itself......everyone involved in the shit show of sacking Wayne, bringing him to the club on big $$$. He absolutely had to go because his position was completely untenable. There were also a hell of a lot more moving parts to the wooden spoon equation than just Seibold.
I'd be more interested in seeing the players do a video analysis of his coaching.

I think it's worth pointing out here that Taylor made 16 tackles and missed 7 so someone was running at him and pretty sure it wasn't the ref! When you consider Fifita made 20 and missed 4 you'd have to conclude that the Broncos MUST have run at them at least a few times. It's not like Taylor and Fifita were hunter killers chasing every **** to make a tackle🤣

There are people that talk, and there are people that do. Saying things like; buy low and sell high; always risk other people's money, doesn't make you good at it. Seibold is very good at self promotion and pyrotechnics. Bet he's got a killer sound track for the finale. Certainly mono-railed Paul White and Darren Lockyer.

Terrible man manager. Having a clinical mind is great. Getting people to buy in and execute it is infinitely better. Probably would make a great assistant coach or stats man. He should be honest about his limits. I can not forget just how bad we were losing last year. Game after game after game. What's that definition around insanity...Watch the post match press conference to verify his genius.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Jedhead
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Sproj
  • bb_gun
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • IceWorks
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Strop
  • I bleed Maroon
  • ostin86
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.