NEWS Anthony Seibold promotes Matthew Lodge to Brisbane’s leadership group

Well deserved, well done Lodgey! We definitely need him around long term.

Well deserved, well done Lodgey! We definitely need him around long term.

Sounds positive.
It would also be a good sign if he didn’t buy a property in Sydney as has been rumoured.

Sounds positive.
It would also be a good sign if he didn’t buy a property in Sydney as has been rumoured.
Being from Sydney my Self they said he bought a House in Rousehill which to me sounds like where you would live if your going to play for Parra or Penrith, I hope it's a second house thing if true.

Sounds positive.

How many times have we heard players buying property in Brisbane? GI? Cody Walker?

Remember when DCE bought a house on the Gold Coast?

I wouldn’t read too much into property purchases. What sort of property is it? Is it a rental slum, with Lodge looking to become a slum lord? Is it a shoe box apartment with Lodge getting his foot in the door as a property investor?

I’ve got a studio apartment at Ashgrove, 2 streets away from Red Hill and I haven’t set foot in the place since I looked at it, before I put a contract on it in 2012...

Last edited:
Credit to Lodge, he really seems to have turned his life around.

Lodge joins the likes of Alex Glenn, Matt Gillett, Andrew McCullough and skipper Darius Boyd in Brisbane’s player-power base.
Fucking hell, look at our brains trust:

Matt Gillett: flying under the radar all season
Alex Glenn: rumoured to be leaving.
Andrew McCullough: one foot out the door
Darius Boyd: the bad smell.

There's something very wrong when our star playmaker - the highest paid of all time - isn't in there, and isn't rated capable of calling shots. I keep saying: Milford should be captain, and any reason given against that has to be taken as a mark of no confidence in him.

There's something very wrong when our star playmaker - the highest paid of all time - isn't in there, and isn't rated capable of calling shots. I keep saying: Milford should be captain, and any reason given against that has to be taken as a mark of no confidence in him.

more likely Seibs and Bennett before him want Milf to concentrate on his own game, rather than having to worry about the rest of the team.

more likely Seibs and Bennett before him want Milf to concentrate on his own game, rather than having to worry about the rest of the team.

But he DOES have to worry about the rest of the team, he's our only playmaker.

I’m of the belief that Milford should be a co-captain with a forward. The forward should be Glenn or Lodge, and they should do most of the captains commitments. Like Matt Scott and Thurston.

On an unrelated note, why aren’t we paying Thurston to mentor Milford?

I thought Milf was in the leadership group... wasn't there an article last year where Bennett went through the leadership group and indicated that Roberts and Milf were both in it??

Yep, like I said, he's not being rated as someone capable of calling the shots. Yet, his role IS to call the shots.
[automerge]1560420498[/automerge]
I’m of the belief that Milford should be a co-captain with a forward. The forward should be Glenn or Lodge, and they should do most of the captains commitments. Like Matt Scott and Thurston.

Not sure about the co-captaining thing. Prefer the captain/vice captain, myself. If the captain is any good he should pick himself.

The problem is no one is standing out. Oates is our MVP, but he's too far away from the action, and no one is even putting his name forward. Milford is the most obvious candidate but I don't think I've ever seen anyone suggest him, and some even wanted him gone. There's something to be said for having a captain that everyone else boos, I guess. That would be Lodge.
[automerge]1560420502[/automerge]

Not sure about the co-captaining thing. Prefer the captain/vice captain, myself. If the captain is any good he should pick himself.

The problem is no one is standing out. Oates is our MVP, but he's too far away from the action, and no one is even putting his name forward. Milford is the most obvious candidate but I don't think I've ever seen anyone suggest him, and some even wanted him gone. There's something to be said for having a captain that everyone else boos, I guess. Like Wally, Gordy and Hodges. That would be Lodge.

Last edited:
....im delighted to hear about this potential contract news; its great to see Lodge not only show his commitment to himself, his team mates and his coach, but also he is showing the type of loyalty that Brisbane showed him. In 2-3 years time he will be the natural leader of the best forward pack in club history and one of the best in League history...

Rumor has it Lodge has been selected for the blues.
Anyone else find it funny that no media is commenting on how many players we have in origin this year? All I keep hearing is that the Rorters and Souffs are struggling due to amount of origin players through this period. Add to that the injuries of Offa, Bird and Dearden.

Rumor has it Lodge has been selected for the blues.
Anyone else find it funny that no media is commenting on how many players we have in origin this year? All I keep hearing is that the Rorters and Souffs are struggling due to amount of origin players through this period. Add to that the injuries of Offa, Bird and Dearden.
And we will have to play the sharks in rd 16 who are a top 4 caliber team with only Josh Morris in origin yet we could be missing Gillett, Coates, Fifi, Haas, Lodge, Offa and maybe even Milf if Qld lose game 2

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • Matheos
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.