NEWS Anthony Seibold promotes Matthew Lodge to Brisbane’s leadership group

And we will have to play the sharks in rd 16 who are a top 4 caliber team with only Josh Morris in origin yet we could be missing Gillett, Coates, Fifi, Haas, Lodge, Offa and maybe even Milf if Qld lose game 2

We definitely need to win against the Eels and the Knights then. We play the Knights straight after Origin (I think), they could be resting Pearce/Ponga.

Last edited:
We definitely need to win against the Eels and the Knights then. We play the Knights straight after Origin (I think), they could be resting Pearce/Ponga.
They play them six days after Origin. Those two will be playing, the game is going to be a sellout.

This was in Monday Buzz today:

To be very honest, if Lodge is our long term captain and forward leader, then we probably are just at best top 8.

Promising long term captaincy, players option maybe for three year, over 650k, any of these are not acceptable, he’s not that good and consistent, and don’t forget his wife always wants to go back to Sydney.

I hope this isn’t true... we are bending over backwards for him when we literally saved his playing career, Wtf is this shit show some fucking loyalty mate. Also he’s not that good

Last edited:
It’s exaggerated nonsense, the captaincy is something you earn, not something you bargain for. There’s a big difference between saying to a player they have leadership potential and guaranteeing it in a contract.

Last edited:
Honestly watching his post match interview on the broncos website after the loss to knights compared to Boyds after the eels loss shows me he cares alot more about the club and their failure than Boyd does. Given the role he might show us what a leader looks like again.

This was in Monday Buzz today:
View attachment 5639
Buzz has admitted he has no contacts in Brisbane and uses Badel as his primary source.

There's a better chance he's rehashing what was said on here a couple days ago.

If I had to put money on our next captain I'd say Milf... he now captains Samoa and he looks like one of the few players turning up each week.

If Lodge was made captain that would be a good move imo. He is already our forward leader and he actually gives a shit about how we perform. Also, people saying he isn’t that good are just flat out wrong.

The way some of you hang on what Buzz Richfield says is ridiculous and pathetic.

Gillo should be captain, his effort in charging down the field goal attempt at the end of the first half on Saturday was evidence enough of that.

Last edited:
I know what you mean, but I’m still undecided if he should continue playing in the Broncos jersey tbh. At his wage, we need much more out of him.
Perhaps the captaincy would bring the best out of him more often?

Gillo should be captain, his effort in charging down the field goal attempt at the end of the first half on Saturday was evidence enough of that.
Great work ethic, amazing player even though he has not gotten back to his best post injury... but he's a quiet toiler. Not sure that would make a good leader. We need a passionate player who is going to yell at the boys when they need it. Calm them down when it's going silly.... he is not that guy.

I love Gillo but what about his other efforts beside the charge down? More importantly 40 minutes of football without a single run.

Adam Blair at his worse may not have even dished up that little effort during his time with us.

If Milford weren't out injured he should be made captain immediately. He's the one who should be calling the shots. He's the one on the big money.

Yeah but can we please stop using him as first receiver?? The halves should be in charge of the attack. It is just too predictable we're going to try and attack the edge. Later in the tackle count. I can see what they're trying to do, it just isn't working. They need a new attacking structure - which won't happen while Milford is out, Dearden is out and Boyd is stinking up the place

Unread

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.