NEWS Anthony Seibold safe as Brisbane Broncos board assess wreckage

I agree that picking players out of position like Turpin was wrong and that is one of the things he needs to fix.

In terms of his hands being tied I believe the higher ups at the broncos have told him during the season he can’t drop Boyd and Macca.

He should quit on principal if thats the case. Fancy having a head coach who is just a puppet for others.

So should Boyd. But you applaud him for digging his heels in and preach he has every right to collect the paycheque.

There is a massive, massive difference. Nobody is undermining his position at the club. Boyd, rightly or wrongly in his eyes feels he has something left to give. I dont applaud him for digging his heels in, i just feel he has a contract and he is entitled to see it out if he wishes to. He totally has the right to collect his paycheque. He doesnt need to quit for the same reasons i say Seibs should. Nobody is preaching anything.

If its true ( and i personally dont think it is ) that Seibold is being told to pick these players, then he is a fool and a puppet to the board at Brisbane. He isnt being his own man. Now of course, It could be his choice as well, if he is happy being somebodies puppet, thats his choice. He would have known coming into the job he wouldnt have total control. I cant see too many headcoaches wanting to be put in that situation, but who knows, he might be willing to accept that kind of thing to set himself up financially.

Last edited:
I agree that picking players out of position like Turpin was wrong and that is one of the things he needs to fix.

In terms of his hands being tied I believe the higher ups at the broncos have told him during the season he can’t drop Boyd and Macca.
His hands aren’t tied. He’s just not a good coach

His hands aren’t tied. He’s just not a good coach

I've said it before, i dont actually think he is a poor coach, i just think he may be the right coach for us at the wrong time. He is struggling with the pressure and scrutiny of coaching the biggest club in the NRL right now. In another couple of years, he may handle it better which is why i always felt Wayne should have been kept on for this year and next year.

He picked mcc at 9 when Turpin was fit and Turpin at 7 when sos was fit.

He played milf at fullback for half a season.

Baffling
Maybe baffling for you because you have a strong agenda. Personally I wasn’t baffled by it. SOS missed 1 game when fit. Let's face it he's not d Lockyer.

Maybe baffling for you because you have a strong agenda. Personally I wasn’t baffled by it. SOS missed 1 game when fit. Let's face it he's not d Lockyer.

I have an agenda? The entire fucking forum was blowing up about Turpin being picked at 7.

giphy.gif

I’m incredulous

I have an agenda? The entire fucking forum was blowing up about Turpin being picked at 7.
Listen I think you're probably a good bloke, and I reckon we'd get on well if we ever met, but you definitely have an agenda.

Listen I think you're probably a good bloke, and I reckon we'd get on well if we ever met, but you definitely have an agenda.

I can see how people could perceive that, I just don’t think this instance was agenda based.

It’s clear as day Turpin shouldn’t have been picked at 7.

I can see how people could perceive that, I just don’t think this instance was agenda based.

It’s clear as day Turpin shouldn’t have been picked at 7.
It's not a howler though. He went ok there, not great. You're just using it to build your narrative.

He really needs to fix the spine pronto
We have a nine and possibly a 1 or 6 depending where he plays Milford, need a controlling half atleast whether it’s dearden or we go to market which we should

He really needs to fix the spine pronto
We have a nine and possibly a 1 or 6 depending where he plays Milford, need a controlling half atleast whether it’s dearden or we go to market which we should

We need a dominant halfback and a fullback really. A left centre would be handy too.

It's not a howler though. He went ok there, not great. You're just using it to build your narrative.
Lol ok. Regardless of how he performed it doesn’t change the fact sos would have been a better pick.

He is right though no matter what his thoughts on Seibold, the majority were up in arms about Turpin at 7.

Lol ok. Regardless of how he performed it doesn’t change the fact sos would have been a better pick.
Maybe, or maybe O'sullivans injury was still a bit sus. Hard to know without having all the info.

He is right though no matter what his thoughts on Seibold, the majority were up in arms about Turpin at 7.
Yes . I agree the forum was alarmed. Based in the info that was available.

Active Now

• bazza
  • big k
  • Bish
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Battler
  • RolledOates
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • BroncoFan94
  • Culhwch
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Matheos
  • bb_gun
  • BruiserMk1
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.