NEWS Anthony Seibold sticks with battling Brisbane halves Jake Turpin and Darius Boyd

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
TL;DR: When you're on a good thing...

Anthony Seibold sticks with battling Brisbane halves Jake Turpin and Darius Boyd

Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna be funny when we lose Fifita because we have to carry Boyd, Gillette and Macca...

Great. Boyd will now do some ineffective runs now just to make the coach happy. Fckn grow some balls and tell the coach u don't want to play 6 and that it's best for the team

Caption of first picture: “I used to run like that at Fullback-speed was my name said Daddy”. “Whatever old man.”

It's pathetic that the coach/board doesn't want to pick players that suits the team best. This team has been crying out loud for more than 2 seasons for lack of half's in the squad. When SOS & Dearden are available, what's stopping them from being included in the team? Boyd @ 6 again? You're outta your mind. It's a disgrace that the board wanting to take this year as a write off instead of not trying and testing our talent.

When every fuckin club can get in their 18 or 19 year olds and make them learn the nutty-gritty of NRL, why not ours? They should seriously grow a pair of balls and make the decisions that must be made for the team.

Peoples fucking ego doesn't or shouldn't count when it comes to betterment of the team. Many great players when they're still performing were tapped on the shoulders and were let go. A minimum of 2 players must be tapped and let go. Preserving half's for fucking next year MUST stop and they should be brought in.

DON'T TAKE BRONCOS LOYAL'S AND FANS AS "TAKE IT FOR GRANTED". Our voices are loud and clear. Make them happen immediately.

This whole Darius charade all season is fucking pathetic. I feel like something will be done this offseason, but it should have been done months ago.

If this is not resolved by seasons end, i won't be renewing my football club membership. Resolved for me is Boyd retires or tapped on shoulder.

The whole thing is beyond a debacle and the team is being held hostage because of Boyd being captain and having two years left. White or Seibold needs to make a call quite soon. Keeping SOS and Dearden in reserve grade when they are fit won't wash for long.

FMD, there are a few hysterical petals here these days. Do you even know if Dearden is fit to play? He left training early and did not train, that sort of indicates he is not fit. Re SOS, they might be thinking he needs another game in ISC before they bring him back.

The win against the Cows was lucky, it was ugly and even awful.

Seibold often states he is big on effort and getting the job done.

Clearly he is making a statement to his team collectively that he is rewarding them for doing that - getting the win and getting the job done.

That in itself is most important and goes a long way in creating team moral and harmony that helps establish a winning culture.

Just what our young side needs.

The win against the Cows was lucky, it was ugly and even awful.

Seibold often states he is big on effort and getting the job done.

Clearly he is making a statement to his team collectively that he is rewarding them for doing that - getting the win and getting the job done.

That in itself is most important and goes a long way in creating team moral and harmony that helps establish a winning culture.

Just what our young side needs.

So what was Boyds effort in that win? What needed to be rewarded for that. The fact he is no long sub par level 10, but now only sub par level 5?

Last edited:
So what was Boyds effort in that win? What needed to be rewarded for that. The fact he is no long sub par level 10, but now only sub par level 5?
Obviously.
Talking team collectively.
It would be bs to demand and expect consistency from the team if he didn't show some towards the team himself. He is clearly working to a plan within a framework that Darius is a part of at the minute. I am sure that if Darius was stinking the playing group up as much as he is the media and this forum he would no longer be included.
My guess is he is trying to shield the young blokes with as much experience as he can but doesn’t have much to work with.

Obviously.
Talking team collectively.
It would be bs to demand and expect consistency from the team if he didn't show some towards the team himself. He is clearly working to a plan within a framework that Darius is a part of at the minute. I am sure that if Darius was stinking the playing group up as much as he is the media and this forum he would no longer be included.
My guess is he is trying to shield the young blokes with as much experience as he can but doesn’t have much to work with.

Then becomes the issue - the players would know hes not up to the task. So carrying becomes troxic over a period of time.

Mmm and you're building a culture of mediocrity, guys continually putting out subpar performances with no consequences, unless you're a rookie who you'd expect to have a few bloopers then you get tossed.

Then becomes the issue - the players would know hes not up to the task. So carrying becomes troxic over a period of time.
And like the Jet he gets shifted. Not much time wasting there.

Interesting to see Kearney has told Nikorima he will be used as a sub hooker when he comes back from injury because of Chanel Harris-Tevita’s form.

At least that’s one decision Seibold got right. Nothing against Kodi but sometimes I think certain players think they are more entitled and better than they actually are and should just be happy to play where the team needs them, not where they want to play. Maybe their managers are in their ears too much. The way CHT is progressing Kodi will struggle to get back into the starting halves. Will no doubt be training as a full time hooker here on in.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.