NEWS Anthony Seibold sticks with battling Brisbane halves Jake Turpin and Darius Boyd

Interesting to see Kearney has told Nikorima he will be used as a sub hooker when he comes back from injury because of Chanel Harris-Tevita’s form.

At least that’s one decision Seibold got right. Nothing against Kodi but sometimes I think certain players think they are more entitled and better than they actually are and should just be happy to play where the team needs them, not where they want to play. Maybe their managers are in their ears too much. The way CHT is progressing Kodi will struggle to get back into the starting halves. Will no doubt be training as a full time hooker here on in.

The warriors can send us Green if they need to make space in the halves for Kodi.

Seibold’s faith extends to his scrumbase, resisting the temptation to recall 18-year-old halfback Tom Dearden as he holds his nerve with the Boyd-Turpin union that has lost just once in six matches.

Which was the 6th game because the stat is actually 3 from 5.

Round 17 vs Warriors - Draw
Round 18 vs Bulldogs - Win
Round 19 vs Titans - Win
Round 20 vs Storm - Loss
Round 21 vs Cowboys - Win

Seibold’s faith extends to his scrumbase, resisting the temptation to recall 18-year-old halfback Tom Dearden as he holds his nerve with the Boyd-Turpin union that has lost just once in six matches.

pretty easy to resist the urge to recall Dearden ... when he is injured

Which was the 6th game because the stat is actually 3 from 5.

Round 17 vs Warriors - Draw
Round 18 vs Bulldogs - Win
Round 19 vs Titans - Win
Round 20 vs Storm - Loss
Round 21 vs Cowboys - Win
It was "haven't lost", so it's actually 1 loss from the last 5.

Interesting to see Kearney has told Nikorima he will be used as a sub hooker when he comes back from injury because of Chanel Harris-Tevita’s form.

At least that’s one decision Seibold got right. Nothing against Kodi but sometimes I think certain players think they are more entitled and better than they actually are and should just be happy to play where the team needs them, not where they want to play. Maybe their managers are in their ears too much. The way CHT is progressing Kodi will struggle to get back into the starting halves. Will no doubt be training as a full time hooker here on in.

And it seems you can add Niko to the list of Bronco players you can point to where the grass wasn't actually greener

Handy to point these things out at contract negotiation time

Just saw the news in Fox website where Seibold went on to say that Boyd has become the target to the media about his performance @6. Had he stopped there & just said that playing @6 is new to Boyd & he’s learning it would have been enough. Instead, he dragged(indirectly) Luke Keary which for mine is totally unnecessary.

Luke might’ve had 1 or 2 off games this season but he had been their top performer last year and this year to some extent. How can Seibold compare Boyd to Keary is unjustifiable & silly. He should stop making unwarranted comments & stupid excuses every time he fronts media. I reckon it’s just not our playing group who should develop and mature it’s certainly Seibold too. He needs to be smart.

Just saw the news in Fox website where Seibold went on to say that Boyd has become the target to the media about his performance @6. Had he stopped there & just said that playing @6 is new to Boyd & he’s learning it would have been enough. Instead, he dragged(indirectly) Luke Keary which for mine is totally unnecessary.

Luke might’ve had 1 or 2 off games this season but he had been their top performer last year and this year to some extent. How can Seibold compare Boyd to Keary is unjustifiable & silly. He should stop making unwarranted comments & stupid excuses every time he fronts media. I reckon it’s just not our playing group who should develop and mature it’s certainly Seibold too. He needs to be smart.

This quote pissed me off no end as well.

I get he was more bringing Keary into it to make a point but what Seibold failed to mention is Keary actually contributes to his team without running the ball. Keary actually has a kicking game and gets a team around the park and actually creates line breaks and tries.

The reason why Boyd copped it so much about his 1 run is because he did nothing else for the entire 80 minutes besides shuffle the ball on occasionally in attack. Seibold has been played off the break reacting like this and has now leaned me into being concerned he is not up to the job.

I’m still happy to give him next year but the concerns I have had throughout the season are beginning to surface again. I would also like to know how much board and team politics are playing a part.

Because the whole Boyd and Macca being undroppable also happened under Bennett’s watch too

Last edited:
Maybe we can bring Josh Hoffman back, he can take 15 runs a game. It's not the real issue anyway.

These articles are so depressing that it makes me long for the Sam Thaiday "we'll be better next week" articles.

I think it's fucking hilarious that he left the broncos because he wanted to be a halfback. Proceeded to play 0 games at halfback for the warrior (they were all as 5/8th), and then now is 18th man. What a cooker. His manager is delusional and his career is probably over tbh.

I think it's fucking hilarious that he left the broncos because he wanted to be a halfback. Proceeded to play 0 games at halfback for the warrior (they were all as 5/8th), and then now is 18th man. What a cooker. His manager is delusional and his career is probably over tbh.

You could see it happening from a mile away. CHT was always going to be looked at as a potential long term future 7 for the club in the same mould as SJ was and Blake Green is a proper controlling half. They also have that Adam Keirghan who showed decent potential early in the season. Only thing that worked out for Kodi is the pay increase and security.

His best asset has always been his running game. He doesn’t have the credits nor the status to command where he plays. DWZ pulled the same shit. Might be a cultural thing in the kiwi camp.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Tim K
  • Bish
  • Fatboy
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.