NEWS Anthony's big adventure: it's kind of like this bull I saw

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Chris Honnery from the Courier Mail asks ex-schoolteacher Anthony Seibold what he learnt on his summer holiday:

“We learnt some lessons. We had some good days last year, we had some challenging days last year. I went across to Vegas during the break to watch some pro bull riding and met up with some AFL coaches. We were watching the bull riding and a guy got bucked off, about two or three seconds into the ride. The bull went back at him again as he was trying to get back in the chute. It reminded us of the NRL and AFL."

“It’s a turbulent ride but as coaches and players, you’ve got to try and get back on the bull again. There were some times where we were good. We had some challenges. In that semi-final, we weren’t competent enough and it’s one of those rides where we got bucked off and beaten up pretty bad. You’ve got to dust yourself off and try and get back into it.”

On Fifita:

“We are really confident with where we are at in the negotiations. David wants to let his football do the talking and I admire that and respect that. As a club we want to provide an environment for David to feel comfortable and play his best footy and I think we do that.”

On Coates:

“Xavier was a pretty skinny kid when he arrived 12 months ago but now he’s 102kg. We deliberately took him out of playing with about seven weeks to go last season to bulk him up. We put him in the gym and worked hard on him physically so he would have a headstart for this pre-season. He’s developed really well physically. He is still learning his trade, but he is very humble and doing an education degree so he has interests outside of rugby league. Not only is he a special talent but he is a good person and has attributes I like as a player. Xavier only trained one day a week with the NRL squad last year so it was a hell of a journey for him.”

Back to work, everybody.

McHunt

Last edited:
I don't wanna be that guy and just shit on him for no reason, but again, I'm hearing plenty of nice words and platitudes but not much in terms of improving our actual football.
Are you implying our coach's all-expenses paid holiday epiphany isn't going to translate to a premiership?

Are you implying our coach's all-expenses paid holiday epiphany isn't going to translate to a premiership?

I'm beginning to think we'll find that by this time next year, Seibold will be in a position not all that different from Henjak before he was shitcanned.

I don't wanna be that guy and just shit on him for no reason, but again, I'm hearing plenty of nice words and platitudes but not much in terms of improving our actual football.
Logging just to like this comment.

Running with this analogy...58-0 as a scoreboard.. I want the rider to be gored by the bull and unable to hop back in that saddle for a good while. Results from last year and so far in 2020 seem to indicate that the coaching is bog average at best, will be interesting to see how sharp the knives become this year if another 2019 is dished up, meanwhile I need another corporate bingo card please.

That's exactly the type of talk that has me worried.
He keeps pumping out this shit. At the end of the day all that matters is the number in the wins column.

I'm beginning to think we'll find that by this time next year, Seibold will be in a position not all that different from Henjak before he was shitcanned.

At least Henjak had some great highs, to go with his lows...

Seibold has only had lows so far...

At least Henjak had some great highs, to go with his lows...

Seibold has only had lows so far...

Look on the bright side at least he can’t go any lower from here the only way is up.

Did we win the spoon last year?
No but I think the titans would have done better than us in the final against parramatta so on that basis we were at rock bottom,

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • Hurrijo
  • Mustafur
  • Cavalo
  • Santa
  • bazza
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • Thelmus
  • Galah
  • Johnny92
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Strop
  • Porthoz
  • achievedrap
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.