ANZAC TEST

Tonga squad has also undergone extensive changes with Sika Manu, Jorge Taufua, Michael Jennings & Sio Siua Taukeiaho out, and Andrew Fifita being called up by Australia.

Joe Ofahengaue & Fonua-Blake promoted to starting line-up, Konrad Hurrell, Moses Suli, Tony Williams, Patrick Kaufusi & Leivaha Pulu added to the team.

1. Will Hopoate – Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
2. Daniel Tupou – Sydney Roosters
3. Konrad Hurrell – Gold Coast Titans
4. Brenko Lee – Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
5. Moses Suli – Wests Tigers
6. Tuimoala Lolohea – New Zealand Warriors
7. Mafoa’aeata Hinganao – New Zealand Warriors
8. Leilani Latu – Penrith Panthers
9. Siliva Havili – St George Illawarra Dragons
10. Addin Fonua-Blake – Manly Warringah Sea Eagles
11. Felise Kaufusi – Melbourne Storm
12. Tony Williams – Cronulla Sutherland Sharks
13. Joe Ofahengaue – Brisbane Broncos

14. Sione Katoa – Penrith Panthers
15. Patrick Kaufusi – North Queensland Cowboys
16. Leivaha Pulu – Gold Coast Titans
17. Siosaia Vave – Parramatta Eels

Fifita has been bog average this year.
Err what ? He won't let them down and I would absolutely love to have him up front for the Broncos. Can't help but feel that you've let your dislike colour your judgement but hey, everone does from time to time.

Err what ? He won't let them down and I would absolutely love to have him up front for the Broncos. Can't help but feel that you've let your dislike colour your judgement but hey, everone does from time to time.
Not at all. He's producing nothing like what he was last year.

Asofa-Solomona out for NZ, Elijah Taylor in, will probably be 18th man you'd imagine.

Not at all. He's producing nothing like what he was last year.
Well, if that's the case the question arises ' why would Mal pick him, given the off field indiscretions that cost him a chance previously? ' Surely if he's not playing well then he wouldn't have been considered especially with other big bodies available.

Lol City can't find 17 players

Its quite pathetic really. Country fans already get the ass end of the stick with game allocations already and now they have turned their only rep game into an absolute farce. Next year they should make the test game go to the country areas instead

Once again, I'm not sure if that'll be the case. Kahu and Nikorima were really only in the team for the last 18 months out of necessity, statistically speaking Kahu has been the weakest of the "Potential wingers" we're discussing this season (Although he does add things that don't show up in the statistics to the team). If Kidwell decides to go with the Maroons system of staying loyal, Kahu will be in the 17, if it's based on form, I doubt he will be.

Rapana - 16.8 runs, 166.0 metres, 7.6 tackle busts - (9 linebreaks, 8 tries)
Watene-Zelezniak - 12.6 runs, 133.1 metres, 3.6 tackle busts - (7 linebreaks, 2 tries)
Fusitu'a - 13.0 runs, 110.3 metres, 1.8 tackle busts - (7 linebreaks, 7 tries)
Kahu - 10.4 runs, 85.3 metres, 2.4 tackle busts - (2 linebreaks, 4 tries)

He probably was picked out of necessity but then when he played, he played well and was one of NZ's shining lights.

If it's based on form, then Kahu will be there over DWZ. Metres gained really are a useless stat for a winger. DWZ may be better in the tackle busts and metres department, but he hasn't been better in the most important department for a guy playing in his position. DWZ is struggling out there, he is having a lot of trouble finding the try line and setting up tries. Whereas Kahu has been better in that department.

He also brings more to the side than DWZ. He can play almost every position in the backline and he is a pretty handy goal kicker should Johnson ever get injured or can't take a kick.

He will be in the 17. Besides, he will likely be playing at centre with Fusitu'a on the wing.

In the out of depth interviews on Matty Johns show, Thurston said he passed the fitness and is ftp

Lol at the Raiders, standing down Papalli after the Bulldogs game so he only misses the Newcastle game

Surprise surprise the mind games have started.

Darius Boyd in doubt after failing to finish a training session due to hamstring soreness.

SPEEDSTER PRIMED TO EAT UP HIS FAVOURITE TRACK
CANBERRA has been a happy hunting ground for Cronulla’s fastest man Valentine Holmes — and also the venue where he clocked his fastest-ever time in a game.
Holmes will look to use his blistering pace against New Zealand opposite and hometown favourite Jordan Rapana in the Anzac Test on Friday night.
The Sharks flyer said it was during their huge win over the Raiders in round seven last year his GPS recorded him motor an electric 10.05 metres per second. “Over 100m that’s roughly 10 seconds,’’ Holmes said.
“It’s one of my favourite tracks. The grass is cut perfectly, it’s the AIS (Australian Institute of Sport), so it’s a ‘fast’ ground as they say.
“There will be heaps of local fans watching (Rapana) play, but I’ve got to do what I did last tour, he’s just another player, he can only do as much as his inside man gives him.’’
Holmes made the left wing his own during the successful Four Nations tour before he made a detour via California where he took part in an NFL scouting combine.
While the speedster’s new two-year deal with the Sharks ended any short-lived speculation about a shock switch to the NFL, Holmes admitted the sprint drills he learned during the combine had come in handy.
“It can get boring when you keep doing the same training, so it’s exciting to learn new things, all the boys love it, especially us backs because we’re competitive and like the short racing games...’’ said Holmes, who holds the Sharks speed title from Sosaia Feki and Gerard Beale.
At just 21, Holmes has won an NRL premiership, represented Australia — now making the Queensland Origin team is next on his bucket list.
An impressive game against the Kiwis and a few more solid efforts with the Sharks will ensure he is right in the selection mix alongside fellow Maroons wingers Corey Oates, Dane Gagai, and even Darius Boyd should Billy Slater reclaim his No. 1 jersey.

Lol at the Raiders, standing down Papalli after the Bulldogs game so he only misses the Newcastle game
This is the team that sacked Steve Irwin as punishment for Todd Carney drink driving, I wouldn't expect anything better.

This is the team that sacked Steve Irwin as punishment for Todd Carney drink driving, I wouldn't expect anything better.
In fairness, Steve Irwin was hardly an angel. A good player who ruined his career due to alcoholism.

So apparently this is the confirmed line-up for the Kiwis tonight? I haven't heard anything so I'm not sure.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Dallin Watene-Zelezniak
3. Jordan Kahu
4. Dean Whare
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Kieran Foran
7. Shaun Johnson
8. Jesse Bromwich (c)
9. Issac Luke
10. Russell Packer
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Simon Mannering
13. Jason Taumalolo

14. Adam Blair
15. Martin Taupau
16. Kenny Bromwich
17. Kodi Nikorima
18. Elijah Taylor

If so, how the **** did DWZ get in the side? His performances for the Kiwis in recent games wasn't anything special and he has been really struggling this year. Fusitu'a has been better than him and he doesn't get selected.

Told you DWZ would be there m8, the selectors love him.

Who's that in the 3 jersey?

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.