NEWS As expected: round 6 and the axe falls

As previously seen in BHQ's crystal ball, Round 6 marks Anthony Milford’s banishment to the QLD Cup. His first outright demotion in nine years. After pissing around with the other two halves Kevvie has finally shown his hand and has done what always had to be done. Milford now finds himself training with the Reserve Grade squad, along with promising centre Tesi Niu. Brodie Croft looks set to take his position outside Tommy Dearden, at least as a placeholder, until [watch this space] arrives. Jesse Arthars will replace Fantesi.

Brisbane management is hoping to have its 2022 roster sorted by June 30. That gives Milford at most 10 weeks to save his contract.

41EriLxY9L AC SX450

Drink up

Matt Lodge took the microphone to break the news:

“(Kevvie) has drawn a line in the sand. Although I feel sorry for the guys who miss out, you can’t keep doing the same thing week in, week out and expect change. Kevvie has looked at the game and found some things he’s not happy with and he’s holding people accountable. We all know Milf is a talented first grade footballer but he and a couple of others aren’t doing what Kevvie wants and I applaud him for putting his foot down.”

McHunt

You kind of do for tackling.

If you're just wrapping up the legs all the time the opposition will always be finding their front and absolutely destroying you with quick ptb's

It's basically been happening to us since wrestling became a thing... even in 2015 our defence was heart attack scrambling defence rather than systematic structured defence and proper tackling technique that can control momentum of the ball runner.

Oh of course, I totally agree. I was more referring to the fact you don't need elite training to know you don't copy Cape Elgey's technique which many of our players tend to do, so yeah, maybe I'm wrong on that point.

Glenn came out earlier in the week saying its time for poor performers to be dropped, now Milford has been dropped, you could tell him whatever you like, but Milford knows why he is being dropped.
Pretty sure he was referring to Deardon

I remember 3 years ago on here someone said Milford was a far superior player to Munster.

Yeah.

I think they are dumb to be honest.

We've basically been on a downward trajectory since 2016/17 with 2015 appearing to be an outlier based on free flowing unstructured play.

These guys can't control the ruck in defense or attack, can't execute the correct 5th tackle option, can't identify when to go wide or when to run it down the middle, can't identify when to hold down the tackler and concede a penalty, can't defend on the edges, can't defend in the middle, can't run a decoy line properly and I'm sure there are many more things this team can't do properly.

I honestly can't think of a single aspect in the game that this team can do even adequately.

Even a shit team like the dogs can at least execute a game plan and look reasonable with the ball in hand, whereas everything we do looks clunky and disorganized.

We're into our third coach with this lot (four if you include Gentle) and they still can't do any of the fundamentals.

I think Bennett was getting wins purely due to the man management and mental side of things where the players were able to get up for a game purely to play for him. It would explain why the team lost any game they were "meant to win"... complacency would set in and they had zero fundamentals to turn to so they could coast through a game.

Granted Seibold over complicated things, but I'd say he thought he was coming into a team that could at least execute a simple game plan and he just had to put the polish on it to get it humming.

It's like there is zero awareness in the team and they just go through premeditated actions that replicate what they do in training.
Seibold was never the issue at our club.

We’ve gone down alright. It’s a fairly predictable outcome to filling an already shit team with dumb ”footballers” (aka athletes) as we have done.

The point is the “youth” excuse is just that. As Penrith show, if you’re good enough, you’re old enough.

We are nowhere near good enough. The average age of this squad could be 28 and it wouldn’t make any difference. It would still suck.
“Few things are impossible in themselves, and it is often for want of will, rather than of means, that man fails to succeed”
- La Rocheforculd.

I doubt Seibold was the reason fleg got 600k.
OK let's say he had nothing to do with Flegs. That's one from three though. So I think your argument is still seriously flawed.

OK let's say he had nothing to do with Flegs. That's one from three though. So I think your argument is still seriously flawed.
Im not arguing about anything. Simply stated he wasnt responsible for Flegler. I think theres many many things he should of done differently.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Cavalo
  • Broncorob
  • Maddy
  • winslow_wong
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Allo
  • kman
  • Wild Horse
  • achievedrap
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • bb_gun
  • Spoon
  • sooticus
  • ell.d33
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.